Bought Or Reared?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to take in quite a few lurchers as rescues, not necessarily dogs that had been dumped; just dogs people didn't want any more, and I wouldn't have kept a single one myself. They were all rehomed

Seen a lot more rubbish that was bought than anything, the reason there's so much shite about is people don't PTS failures, they'd rather make a quick buck and sell on rubbish.....

or some don't have the heart to put to sleep a healthy animal

Had both my lurchers since six weeks, although the blue& tan one I never really got to put much input in till she was up a bit (was my sisters dog) but was still there to guide and more or less have an input and the white bitch is all my input.

Years ago I had a dog from pup he was superb chap and I thought the world of him then I lost him to an accident one night at 2-3 years old. I thought no way can I go through all that effort and heart ache then lose another so I bought an adult and he was a cracking dog. Loyal and lovely temperament not that great during the day but I wanted a lamper and he did that well. So you can get good adults but I think good day time dogs are thin on the ground unless some one really is in the shite they are not likely to get rid

• Like 1

always found it easier to bond with pups and you know there strengths and weaknesses and what you have put in but i have bought in but only ever on trial except when a dog i had seen a few times came up due to the lad getting life and he was worth his weight in gold did everything asked of him really wish i had took a pup out of him still working and taking gear aged 10 plus died because of them clueless arsecpa barstools

Edited by blackmaggie