Dont Speak English ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to hospital today, with my shoulder injury ,just to sign off as it not going to improve just stay as it is , got reasonable movement so that's it. Seen the Doc ,and came out of room and heard som

Going back seventeen years I was in London at the time and my boy who was only three had some viral thing and was real bad ... His temperature was through the roof he had lost a lot of weight and acco

Wasnt Oz off Auf Wiedersehn Pet was it ? ...used to crack me up he did.

I've met a few people from various corners of the world and 9/10 of them could speak fluent English. Our empire days have done us some good even in the present. LOL

A little ignorant to be immigrant with no desire to learn the local lingo though.

Absolutely, we are lucky in a way that English is so international, I'm a lazy twat, I'll admit that....what makes it worse is my wife is French & she speaks 6 languages & is learning a 7th!.......if I don't pull my finger out soon, my boy & her will be talking a language I don't understand......& that's not good.....

Yeah, the rest of the educated world see English as a necessity, it's the universal language. Leaves me feeling a little embarrassed not being fluent in other languages but at the same time lucky and proud that my native language is the number 1. LOL.

Also a noteable number of the foreigners I've had the pleasure of meeting seemed to like the accent. LOL LOL.

true :thumbs: , but if I were in another country I deff try learn a bit just to help my self to get by, my brother as moved to France been there 19 months, and he picking it up a bit not to bad. ok not fluent but good enough to talk at a hospital if need be etc/!. as said I think some of these prats on my post ,know enough English when it suits them, I really do :yes: there weren't that old 35-40 ,as you say its in most schools today .

• Like 1

I've met a few people from various corners of the world and 9/10 of them could speak fluent English. Our empire days have done us some good even in the present. LOL

A little ignorant to be immigrant with no desire to learn the local lingo though.

Absolutely, we are lucky in a way that English is so international, I'm a lazy twat, I'll admit that....what makes it worse is my wife is French & she speaks 6 languages & is learning a 7th!.......if I don't pull my finger out soon, my boy & her will be talking a language I don't understand......& that's not good.....
Yeah, the rest of the educated world see English as a necessity, it's the universal language. Leaves me feeling a little embarrassed not being fluent in other languages but at the same time lucky and proud that my native language is the number 1. LOL.

Also a noteable number of the foreigners I've had the pleasure of meeting seemed to like the accent. LOL LOL.

Brussels is a melting pot of nationalities & the language that brings them together is English.......I've had no complaints, but it is a predominately a french speaking town & is a requirement in most jobs......

But the first year I was here, I did house renovation in expat houses........there were some people, not all, that had lived & worked here 15-30 years & didn't speak French! Lol all Brits.......it's embarrassing, but we know we can get away with it I'm afraid, most other people I know here typically speak 3 languages.......& it puts me to shame....

Edited to say you can't really get away with that in France, although my dad does...

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1

If you want to go and live in America you used to HAVE to speak English or Spanish. I don't know if that's still true though.

Ray - I'm disappointed in you. How the hell are we supposed to get more non-English in this country to drain our resources if you scare them off like that? :laugh:

Going back seventeen years I was in London at the time and my boy who was only three had some viral thing and was real bad ... His temperature was through the roof he had lost a lot of weight and according to the doctor whilst they were testing him he needed to sleep as much as possible as this would calm him and help bring his temperature down which was important .... Now a number of things happened at the same time ... I had been trying to get my boy off to sleep but outside on a trolly was a paki screaming for the doctor then the nurse then the doctor ... He sounded in real pain and needed help so,I was getting pissed off that he was waking my boy but I was also getting pissed off that they were not treating him to get him sorted ... Amongst all this commotion the young doctor had tried three times and failed to get a cannula into my boy and he looked up at me and said .... No more daddy and started crying ... f**k me that was it I was starting to lose the plot and after giving the doctor fukc all turned to the nurse and asked why the fukc wasn't somebody treating the screaming fell outside ... She then informed me there was nothing wrong with him and he came in three or four times a week and did the same thing ... Let's just say he left the hospital quick smart with a reason to go to his doctor .... When I cam back in the nurses all clapped and cheered and an old ward sister found my boys vain in seconds ...............

• Like 5

I was in cardiff a few weeks back to see a doctor about my shoulder but had to go through a computer survey first there was a paki bloke sitting next to me and could tell her didnt have a clue what was on the screen think me giggling at him and the smart bird behind the counter laughing at me stressed him out abit I went into see the doctor and came out and he was still on the same page couldnt decide what handed he was haha

Anyone coming to live here for any length of time should learn the language. Isn't it a pre-requisite for citizenship application now? If not it should be.

Worked in Holland a few years ago with a bunch of lads from Teeside. Was saying it was handy for us, none of whom could speak more than a few words of Dutch, that the locals mostly all spoke English. This guy piped up with "yeah, the Dutch are okay they've mostly got English, but I worked in Germany before and the c**nts won't even make an effort to learn English". He was offended that Germans in Germany couldn't converse with him in English.

"Now I know we won the war" I said, "but don't you think that's asking a bit much?". He genuinely didn't have a clue what I was getting at :doh: i worked in Germany in 78 for nearly two years , my biggest supprise was how many germans could speak good english, tje only people i had trouble understanding were the Geordies who worked over there

i remember going to see the mrs when she had a big op and was still very sore and still very ill has you went in to the ward theres a big sign that said only 3 vistors per bed and to be quiet has to respect other patients anyway has i sat there i could hear all theses voices being loud and getting louder so i started getting fired up just has i got up has i was about to say something another 4 muslims appeared collected the last of the chairs meant for all the patients vistors and go in to the next cubicle well that was it head went i stuck my head through the curtain there must of been 8 to 10 of them all sat round chatting/shouting so my fuse just blew i was playing up holy feck and threathening to fill this one in who said something in his lingo at me when a nurse appeared and asked them to leave which they did after a bit with a bit of help :whistling: and she said most pakis do it all the time then play dumb ignorant cnuts

Doesnt matter if someone can speak English,have a clean record or what..............we should be in control of who and what we want here and select people based on what WE want/need.....not be dictated to who we allow into our own country.

• Like 2

It should be 100% before your allowed Legaly to come to the UK you should have to have a good command of written and Spoken English

Or you can't integrate and therefore cost the UK

Taxpayer on all fronts.

Vote Ukip

Give Great Britain a Chance

Not that they should be here in the first place, but Agree and also a f***ing name change to something easy to pronounce Nae silent Z's or that.......

Doesnt matter if someone can speak English,have a clean record or what..............we should be in control of who and what we want here and select people based on what WE want/need.....not be dictated to who we allow into our own country.

:thumbs::yes: