Pup Is At The Vets...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a private hip replacement , which is major surgery too a human is 8 grand , that brings these robbers into prospective

That's the bonus of spending a lot of time with your animals you can see when something is not right and jump on it straight away ... Those vital hours can save a dogs life as has been shown here ...

Nail on the head. ...! Learn your stock

Sounds scarey but im sure she'll be fine bouncing about in a few weeks. However bad it sounds everything has shown up on the X ray been removed aslong as no infection she be back to herself in no time.....

That's the bonus of spending a lot of time with your animals you can see when something is not right and jump on it straight away ... Those vital hours can save a dogs life as has been shown here ... I am sure she will be fine a fit strong young lurcher takes some knocking to keep them down .....

Had similar this week ... Nothing as bad as this ... But one of my Jill's just didn't look right and the kits were whinging more than usual and I suspected mastitis ... Took her to the vet and he wasn't convinced until he took her temperature and it was high ... A quick jab of anti biotics and she is as good as new ....

You need to spend time with your animals to make sure they are tip top .........

• Like 4

So glad you were quick off the mark to get her to the vet. Any operation involving the gut is very risky, but my Airedale pulled through just fine after swallowing a round pebble that got lodged in her small intestine. Vets these days are pretty good at avoiding contamination during surgery. Good luck with her recovery.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words folks. Appreciate that.

Socks - glad your Jill got sorted.

Teddog - it may of been a different story if she wasn't insured and I had to find the full amount but a few hundred or even up to a thousand I think it's worth while. She's a promising young bitch, starting to learn the ropes and is starting to steady up, great around livestock, great with kids and other dogs and more importantly I have got a really good bond with her which money can't buy.

hope she pulls through gaz you caught it early so should be fine ...

im one of the ones who havent got insurance but will sure get it now just goes to show they dont need to be in the field as such to get this kind of thing to happen to them ...