Worst Job You Have Ever Done???

a plasterer mate of mine asked if i wanted a days work on Thursday........said i would but wish i never now....... :icon_eek:

got to the job at 8am, a lovely old cottage in picturesque settings, it certainly never gave the impression that, in less than one hours time, it would be the scene of hell on earth......... :no:

quick fag and a brew and my mate passes me a pair of paper overalls and a couple of dust masks, chuck them on and up stairs we go, armed with a hammer and crow bar each!!!

we went in the master bedroom, sealed the door with masking tape, opened the little window and started dropping the ceilings.............neither of us where prepared for what happened next......... :shok:

after no more than 5 minutes i couldnt see my mate who was only 5 meters away from me, i couldnt breathe, was sweating like f**k and the dust just kept getting thicker and thicker as we ripped more down, untill we both had to get out.........quickly........ :laugh:

only problem was neither of us knew where the door was........ :laugh::laugh: i was crawling along the wall, eyes closed and gasping for air, just praying that the next time i reached my hand out i would feel the door handle and escape this god forsaken hell hole........im asking my mate "where are you" and hes climbing out the window on to the garage 4ft below......... :laugh:

finally i feel the door handle and pull at it, but all the plaster board and insulation foam has blocked it so it wont open properly but by now id gone past caring so i just ragged it, squeezed through the gap and collapsed on the landing......... :laugh:

after getting my breath back i ran downstairs and there's 6 people on the drive asking whats going on......i look up to my mate on the garage roof and he looks like one of the minstrels in a forensic suit........ :laugh: even worse was the house looks like its on fire with clouds of dust coming out from the window and every gap in the eaves........ :laugh:

i looked in a mirror and nearly fainted when i seen a black man looking back at me...... :laugh: the people on the driveway were asking if we wanted an ambulance ffs...... :D:D

we got our breathe back and hosed each others heads down and after 25 mins we went back in the cottage and it got worse....... :icon_eek: the landing, stairway and entrance hall where just completely covered in thick black dust.......family pictures where ruined......my mates screwing!!!!

we entered the room we were working on and to our horror we seen we had only managed to get half of it down....... :censored:

i couldnt leave my pal in the shit but told him we need another plan lol and fair play to him he went to screwfix and brought a decent mask with respirator, went in the attic and smashed it all through with his feet......... :toast:

we still had to get it all in the skip tho and all in buckets down the stairs and for 4 hours we were up and down them carrying buckets of itchy, dusty SHITE!!!!!

i got home, straight in the shower and the thick black water going down the plughole told its own story.........i had to wash my eyes with eyewash three times, blow my nose about a million and have never coughed so much in my life since!!!! all for £70.......... :laugh::laugh:

never again........... :rtfm::no::D

defo the worst day at work in my life!!!!! whats yours????

:thumbs:

Edited by clipo
  • Like 14

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a plasterer mate of mine asked if i wanted a days work on Thursday........said i would but wish i never now.......   got to the job at 8am, a lovely old cottage in picturesque settings, it certainl

Worst job I ever had.   This one.

Just for you born,,,,lol    

Posted Images

working on a production line for ronseal or working at fletchers bakery on 12hr shifts that's why I live being a self employed plasterer never work over 8 hrs and get paid over double for what I did at fletchers and ronseal.

• Like 1

Next time get up in the loft and bag it up first, use an old saw and cut around the old ceiling so you don't damage the walls. Piece of piss ;)

The worst job I've ever had was shoveling out old broiler cabins, 15 quid a shed. The ones where there had been a leak were especially rancid. Tomato picking is a close second.

• Like 1

Haha! What a job!! Never did fancy being a plasterer!

My worst job, nothing exciting, but worked in banana packing factory for a year. . The winter was soul destroying. . I use to get there at 7 and finish at 5, went from week to week without seeing sunlight! I nearly ended up being clinically depressed! When my estranged father found out what I was doing he said "what you doing that for, a monkey could do a job like that" !!! Haha cheers dad

• Like 1

haha made me chuckle clipo,

mine was concreting in the states for f***ing buttons, couldn't even cover rent never mind buy enough food. and was working to an irish American who worked me like a f***ing dog. I was even the Mexicans bitch. telling him to ram his job and getting the plane home was the best feeling ever :yes:

• Like 2

There is/was a pub in Northampton that was underground, can't remember the name. Being underground meant all the waste fluids had to be pumped out. When i was a stiil sparkying i got sent there to change the sump pump for the toilets and waste water tank. Real small space to get in.

:bad: :bad:

• Like 1

I have done loads of grain store clean downs,,, whilst working for a pest control company,,,believe you me the shear dust is unbelible,,,,

But the worst one I did,,, was in a church bell free,,,there was a narrow spiral stair case,,, that was real long way to the top,,, and boy was it narrow ,,, at the top was a room,,, under the floor boards,,between the joists,, feral pigeons had been nesting ,,,for about 500 years,,, so each joist was full from one wall to the next,,, we had to bag up the nest and shit debre,,,and walk down the stairs with each bag,,,,wich by the way,,, weighed a fecking ton,,,,to ad insult to injury there was a trap door,,, we could have lowered the bag down in to the middle of the church,,,but our boss wouldn't let us,,cos of the mess,,,,it took us a full day just to do one joist,,,,it was a hot summer,, the dust and smell was horrible ,,,

Luckily after two days,,, the Forman went off to another job,,, leaving me and a young lad,,,,,straight to the van,,, big length of roap dust sheet,,, and Henry vac out,,,,

Lowered all the bags down on to the dust sheet,, and hover up after,,,, it still took the rest of the week,,and was horrible hard work,,,, but at least we didn't have to go up and down that bloody stair case.

• Like 2

Another horrible job I had,,, only managed 3 days,,, it was at a pig slaughter house at Gainsborough ,,, I worked in the gut room,,,, wich entailed pulling the runners as it was called,,

If I remember right you pulled one part of the intestine tube from another part,,, a bit like pulling the skin from a rabbit,,, one you had pulled it off,,,it went in to a mangle type devise behind you,,, this squeezed out all the shit,,, every now and then it would twist,,, and then shit would build up,,,like blowing up a ballon,,,then burst,,and blow shit all over your back,,and bits would find there way trickling down your collar,,,,fecking horrible job

• Like 4

roofings the worst job iv ever done especially the stripping part of it you look like a coal miner each day you strip a slate roof and have no washing facilities around so you have to go home looking like a tramp

• Like 1