Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

UG - Or a real racy lurcher . . . . . .mainly sighthound.

Funny you should mention. I said to Joe on another thread, if he wanted a lab lurcher he just needed to find a coursing dog to put over my bitch.

Depending how she gets on with the boar in France, I've a two generation breeding plan to get some Aussie style running catch dogs.

If I go down the lurcher route can I put you down for a pup? Lol.

Put me down for one of those running catch dogs . . . . .

France?

There is a trip planned to France shortly. It is a recce to a boar park for later hunts.

Yer I did get a text about that. . . . . replied. . . . and heard nowt!

No it was from Wales.

If I was looking for a running catch dog. . . . . i'd be tempted with something a long the lines of hound / collie / bull / deerhound . . . . . . or there a bouts. Although a Kiwi I know says that the best two dog team he has ever killed boar with . . . . . was a pair of collie / kelpie types. . . . coupled with a pistol.

I've seen a few professional pig hunters in NZ on the internet, who use a baying pair of labs and a semi auto shotgun.

Think that approach only works for so long. Once the pigs get smart they don't stop for a bay and need teeth on them to stop them running...

id say there are lurchers around now that lend themselves to that sort of work?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images