Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

attachicon.gif008.JPG

spaniel x beagle lakeland :thumbs:

Love the look of that dog willow, have gotta get my act together and get another busher coz it's just too much for my one on her own as quite often in large pieces of cover she gets the run around, she gets lucky every now and then but could probably add a few more with another dog helping her out. atb daywalker.
I found the same thing in areas of large cover so started working him in better more manageable areas far more productive for him and the lurcher
  • Like 1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

attachicon.gif008.JPG

Love the look of that dog willow, have gotta get my act together and get another busher coz it's just too much for my one on her own as quite often in large pieces of cover she gets the run around, she gets lucky every now and then but could probably add a few more with another dog helping her out. atb daywalker.
I found the same thing in areas of large cover so started working him in better more manageable areas far more productive for him and the lurcher

Hi rob how goes it fella... does your dog ever manage to catch em before they bolt and also was it bred by willow, atb daywalker.

attachicon.gif008.JPG

When you take a bushing jukel out,it has to be able to work the land it enters,all of the time,not the land it can work,some of the time.Otherwise why feed it?.

attachicon.gif008.JPG

When you take a bushing jukel out,it has to be able to work the land it enters,all of the time,not the land it can work,some of the time.Otherwise why feed it?.

more than capable of working the land it enters all of the time the point is with a single busher and lurcher combo its less productive,makes sense surely,now im off to feed me dog lol

attachicon.gif008.JPG

Hi rob how goes it fella... does your dog ever manage to catch em before they bolt and also was it bred by willow, atb daywalker.

very well thanks,no not as yet, and yes lol

Joe - unfortunately myxi's struck round my way and my little busher's caught 8 myxied ones this week. That was one of 2 she had this afternoon. She dived through the hedge and I heard squealing. Looking through the hedge I could just make her out on the other side of it and when I called her I saw her hesitate a moment then run downhill. She knew there was a gap about 30 yards downhill and had obviously decided it would be easier that way than trying to bring it through a load of thick bramble. Gutted to be finding so many myxied ones - especially right at the start of the breeding season - but on the other hand I'm delighted she's retrieving so well. She's retrieved everything she's had this week.

• Like 3

Pup already got loads of confidence but it's certainly great for her retrieving. If your pup's already smashing through brambles Joe, he's bound to make a catch sooner or later, especially now there are little ones about....

• Like 1