Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

That is a lovely terrier krawnden and it is doing really well for such a young dog, by the looks of those vids you have posted she is gonna make a cracking busher all that you'd want and more i'd bet. atb daywalker.

You're absolutely right - she's everything I could possibly have wanted. Already a great busher and shows real promise as a ferreter - fantastic nose on her and she gives really good solid marks when I'm out with the ferrets. She caught two more rabbits today, both healthy for a change. One adult and one baby. I took a bit of video footage of the walk - will have a look at it later and if it's any good I'll stick it up here....

• Like 2

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

That is a lovely terrier krawnden and it is doing really well for such a young dog, by the looks of those vids you have posted she is gonna make a cracking busher all that you'd want and more i'd bet. atb daywalker.

You're absolutely right - she's everything I could possibly have wanted. Already a great busher and shows real promise as a ferreter - fantastic nose on her and she gives really good solid marks when I'm out with the ferrets. She caught two more rabbits today, both healthy for a change. One adult and one baby. I took a bit of video footage of the walk - will have a look at it later and if it's any good I'll stick it up here....

When your'e out bushing does your terrier work through most of the cover regardless or just cover that holds scent or game ect, mine used too when she was younger but now she just checks cover and if nothing is about moves on too the next bit, it can be frustrating at times because i can't help thinking that she may have missed something. atb daywalker.

Edited by day and night walker
  • Like 1

When your'e out bushing does your terrier work through most of the cover regardless or just cover that holds scent or game ect, mine used too when she was younger but now she just checks cover and if nothing is about moves on too the next bit, it can be frustrating at times because i can't help thinking that she may have missed something. atb daywalker.

have trust in them my young busher has a diffrent style to my older bitch sometimes i let her check after the pup has past cover pups never lied :thumbs:

• Like 1

Like yours, when younger she'd charge through everything but now she's much more selective and only pushes into thick stuff if there's scent. But she'll still run down the middle of more open hedges.

• Like 2

Mine little terrier is the same, only just 1 but settled a bit, would bomb through everything at 5 month old. Now she picks as chooses and i do sometimes wonder if she has missed anything when out on my own with her. Occasionally i will ask her back to run a piece of cover she hasnt entered, but as yet their has never been anything home. If you spend any decent time with your dogs out and about it soon becomes obvious when their is anything around, at least thats my experience anyway. As has been said its about learning to trust your dogs natural instincts and encouraging/controlling them accordingly atb

• Like 3
Guest Threelurchers

attachicon.gif003.JPG

morning out with old mate he shot the rabbit with catapult

good few hours :thumbs:

great pic mate am getting very tempted to get a busher looking at your little pack atb fourlurchers minus 1 lol

I've got two terriers, one is doing the same, I have been cursing one for not getting in and putting stuff out, it dawned on me today whenever she does enter there is something there, where as the other is through all the time. I think I need to trust them more.

Edited by Tozer

Couple of my Team

an honest question buster I see your dog's are wearing bellman collars do you dig to these dogs or Bush them and the collars are a precaution or are the used for both if so how do you fair when trying to find a fox to ground

Hi Lee,

I've dug plenty with the dogs but also enjoy a bit of bushing as well.

The collars are never off the dogs when I take them out as you just don't know what can happen when you let them off the lead and they pick up a line.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it works well for me

Edited by busterbuster1969