• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Note to anyone doing work for Paulus, get paid in cash up front !! Lol lol

I've noticed lately that the land around me is changing, the hills are getting bloody steeper !!

Have you any idea who the father is?

im fairing well arthritis in my toes,fingers and knees and deformed right ankle and foot, high blood pressure. high cholesterol with AF and a abnormal heart beat and in the high risk category for heart attacks and strokes, not too bad really :laugh::laugh:

• Like 7

I`m a fekin mess some days. I`m 47ish and have almost constant pain in my neck shoulders back and hips.

I stretch when I remember, which helps, but I still fold myself on to a racing bike and cycle 60 miles so I`m not doing too badly.

As long as I can drag a deer 2 or 3 miles to the motor I`ll be happy.

• Like 1

50 next year , can't say i have any ailments thankfully.. i try to keep active & have packed in the fags now so that will help with a bit of luck :thumbs:

Now you will eat more ... Your cholesterol will rise .... And you could have a stroke or a heart attack ... Things ain't looking great really ... :laugh: ................

when your times up its up regardless :laugh: .. I am enjoying spending money on nice stuff to care :laugh:

50 next year , can't say i have any ailments thankfully.. i try to keep active & have packed in the fags now so that will help with a bit of luck :thumbs:

Now you will eat more ... Your cholesterol will rise .... And you could have a stroke or a heart attack ... Things ain't looking great really ... :laugh: ................

when your times up its up regardless :laugh: .. I am to busy enjoying spending money on nice stuff to care :laugh:

im fairing well arthritis in my toes,fingers and knees and deformed right ankle and foot, high blood pressure. high cholesterol with AF and a abnormal heart beat and in the high risk category for heart attacks and strokes, not too bad really :laugh::laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I`m a fekin mess some days. I`m 47ish and have almost constant pain in my neck shoulders back and hips.

I stretch when I remember, which helps, but I still fold myself on to a racing bike and cycle 60 miles so I`m not doing too badly.

Get a 30degree angled stem for your bike rig Rake, dont worry about it looking odd and have the centre to centre measurment shorter than you think fits you, i think liesure lakes or some other cycle people offer a measurement service and if/when your talking to the right kid he'll tell you exactly where each pain morphed fron on your rig. I had a 30 degree stem made by a wizard and had a lot of sniggers from the fashion brigage, later on i got talking to an olde yank pro rider and he was took by my set-up, telling me back in the 80's the sponsered bikes arrived with right angle long stems and nearly all his team had 30 degree variants made from thier own pocket. Aero is fine for some cardio knock up but you dont want to be riding after 60 miles feeling like you've got an axe between the shoulder blades...plus....you wont believe how different you rig feels.

52 and a plasterer and every joint in me body aches all price work i do and do alright but suffer .but still manage a few mile every day with the dogs and love it plenty in the tank left me hopes lol

Edited by nothernlite

when your times up its up regardless :laugh: .. I am enjoying spending money on nice stuff to care :laugh:

Almonds for cholesterol Kay, pumpkin seeds for fellas prostrate.

52 and a plasterer and every joint in me body aches all price work i do and do alright but suffer .but still manage a few mile every day with the dogs and love it plenty in the tank left me hopes lol

i was still painting pylons when i was 50 but i knew i was fooked

Get a 30degree angled stem for your bike rig Rake, dont worry about it looking odd and have the centre to centre measurment shorter than you think fits you, i think liesure lakes or some other cycle people offer a measurement service and if/when your talking to the right kid he'll tell you exactly where each pain morphed fron on your rig. I had a 30 degree stem made by a wizard and had a lot of sniggers from the fashion brigage, later on i got talking to an olde yank pro rider and he was took by my set-up, telling me back in the 80's the sponsered bikes arrived with right angle long stems and nearly all his team had 30 degree variants made from thier own pocket. Aero is fine for some cardio knock up but you dont want to be riding after 60 miles feeling like you've got an axe between the shoulder blades...plus....you wont believe how different you rig feels.

So is that basically buy some different handle bars ? Lol

• Like 1

i was still painting pylons when i was 50 but i knew i was fooked

i saw 2 blokes painting the concrete things they stick the legs in yesterday .. i thought of you :laugh:

45 next week :icon_eek: getting out of bed is like listening to a bowl of rice crispis(snap,crackle pop)Left knee f****d,dodgy back,severe tennis elbow both arms,bits missing hear and there,f****d shoulder, hair loss, numerous old battle scars,been stabbed twice and shot once,but the old fella still stands proud every morning :D And i blame the f***ing lot on my youth :yes:

• Like 1

Doesen`t work for me though, too upright and I put more weight on my lower back, better for me to get further over and split the weight. Bars are wider than I used to run, which helps my shoulders.

TBH, the Trek is the comfiest bike I have ever had.

I have a bike fit shortly, and I expect to drop the stem another 5mm. I can sit on the drops for ages now.

Upright is not always good.