Nowt like blowing your own trumpet.......... :laugh:

:icon_eek: I could just about manage that when I was fifteen. Now? Spine would snap like a twig :unsure:

Ha ha ha. You know your on the slope when you back goes bending over tying a knot.. Could also do with halving the amount I smoke. But apart from the dentist taking teeth out like theyre diamonds and a few old breaks niggling me now and then, I should last it out till the fishing comp :laugh:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Note to anyone doing work for Paulus, get paid in cash up front !! Lol lol

I've noticed lately that the land around me is changing, the hills are getting bloody steeper !!

Have you any idea who the father is?

62 ...nothings changed , every thing works ..fit as a flea , 200 press-ups , 10 mile run then of to work ....the one slight problem I do have is I have started to tell lies , but apart from that (and a dodgy left knee ) should be good for another few weeks at least ....

• Like 4

im 47 in a few week,,,,and the mrs (33) has a bun in the oven :angel: ,,,,so i aint got time for old age,,,,up at 4 am this morning ferreting,,,and off to work at 11,, till 3.30 ,,,fecking student night,,,,just got to keep ploding on... :boogy:

• Like 5

i had a good hard think about carrying on work but decided that for the best i had to pack in through rheumatoid arthritis im only 46 and im in pain on a daily basis,just trying to put socks on or a t shirt is a struggle and you end up like a contortionist trying to do simple tasks :laugh:

im 47 in a few week,,,,and the mrs (33) has a bun in the oven :angel: ,,,,so i aint got time for old age,,,,up at 4 am this morning ferreting,,,and off to work at 11,, till 3.30 ,,,fecking student night,,,,just got to keep ploding on... :boogy:

I've seen his wife so I can say for certain your names definitely not in the hat :D

• Like 1

I heard on the radio this morning something that got me thinking. It was a priest and he said, of all the men he's seen on there death bed, not once has he heard a single man say, I wish I worked more. Food for thought :thumbs:

I heard on the radio this morning something that got me thinking. It was a priest and he said, of all the men he's seen on there death bed, not once has he heard a single man say, I wish I worked more. Food for thought :thumbs:

the building game certainly takes it out of you thats for sure

• Like 1

I was laying bricks for all my working life and always thought work suited me , its not the work that does the damage its the 40 odd winters

I'll second that.....it's great this time of year But come the depth of winter when you can't feel your hands never mind the nails in your pouch.

I had to laugh at a young lad working with me just after Xmas it was pissing down for days. Were doing some shuttering and an old boy I know drove passed and shouted.....never mind only 40 more winters to go. Lol

I took pitty on him for a second that soon passed lol

i had a good hard think about carrying on work but decided that for the best i had to pack in through rheumatoid arthritis im only 46 and im in pain on a daily basis,just trying to put socks on or a t shirt is a struggle and you end up like a contortionist trying to do simple tasks :laugh:

I wondered when you,d put an appearance in ,you moany , whiney , club footed gimp.

Its bad enough having to walk slow so you can keep up , but having to wait while you empty your colostomy bag and having farmers moan about the groove your club foot leaves behind is getting too much.

• Like 1