Different Standards?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you can't see at least one fault in your dog then your lying to yourself ..........

Thats the craic fellahs... We all want genuine good hearted dogs that can provide us with sport, of course we do,.but...   Years ago,..(many fecking years ago... ) I was one of the world's worst

This thread has touched on a lot of points, I got into lurchers because I got out of Collies'n Sheep via a bad decision, I got into Beardies via disillusionment with some Borders all some 30 odd year

We'll gaz has a side kick aka me and you never mess with man who has a side kick FACT !!!!

........is this Chris's who carnt tell his right from left?

You could be wrong, you could be left......

A DOG HAS TO HAVE DONE BIG TALLYS TO HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR ME IN MY EYES

It takes all sorts I suppose..................................now that statement could have a more than one meaning

gaz these dogs that you are saying are no use have you been out more than once with them or out regular with them ?

True,living breathing animals have good and bad days.

If it was that easy you could go down the bookies today and back every favourite and they would all win.

• Like 1

It takes all sorts I suppose..................................now that statement could have a more than one meaning

Most just want to enjoy there sport,and don t have any interest in photos ,challanges ,egos and proving others wrong.As long as there honest about what there own dogs can or cannot do who cares.

• Like 7

Some rate a dog highly which takes big bags of rabbits on the lamp, others on daytime hares, others judge a dogs standard on how it reacts when being bitten. Some rate a dog on all these variable and more.

One thing for sure I would never rate a dogs ability on internet hype or a persons word I had never met.

• Like 2

Most just want to enjoy there sport,and don t have any interest in photos ,challanges ,egos and proving others wrong.As long as there honest about what there own dogs can or cannot do who cares.

What I was getting at was My view on my lurchers is the polar opposite ........................why ?

well I think his view is completely irresponsible in the bigger picture of thing because how can land sustan such a barrage of pest control in modern times. I'd rather manage my permission with an air of caution and taking ten rabbits 5 times than 50 in one night. Now I could take 10 In an hours stroll or stay out all night and rape the place. Does the man staying out all night have the better dog ? We are all different but are our dogs so different ?

To go for the numbers game you need the land and game is the dog such an important factor ?

I've gone out lamping before now walked into the first field the old bitch has caught three out of three and i'm on my way home. One rabbit for the ferrets and two for the pot. That was enough for me that night , the other sets of eyes where there next time. YOU CAN ONLY KILL SOMETHING ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

foresterj ...................Great point about the race horses I was chatting to a friend about the same lines the other day and he came up with a a big name horse that never produced any thing of note when it came to breeding.

• Like 4

Says most about the person a lot of traviling lot of work.

Ilike poping out for a few runs,Like to go to good places when weathers right,even then 20-30 enough for me.

Once it all becomes about numbers though enjoyment goes out of the window,for me any way.

• Like 4

Says most about the person a lot of traviling lot of work.

Ilike poping out for a few runs,Like to go to good places when weathers right,even then 20-30 enough for me.

Once it all becomes about numbers though enjoyment goes out of the window,for me any way.

:yes: Going a little of track, but I would rather see 10 good runs than a dog pick 30 up out the seat (lamping rabbits), numbers in some places are going to be easier than others and also at different times of the year.... so I don't think it counts for shit....

But a dog that tries its best every time would keep me happy, and I think the better the man behind the dog the better results it will have...

Well I got bored half way Throo, gas if you don't lie, what's this craic about me and aluants? I see your borderscot is back posting again so now we all online I'd like to know. For the record I have never seen an aluant graft... Yet You's two think I have, even called me a liar over it before saying you were finished posting on here.... So come on let's year it???? Lol

Back to this thread, some folks are more easily pleased than others. That's all it comes down to......

People in glass houses and all that!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!! You've got some neck, ain't you?? You've also got a short memory. It wasn't that long ago that you was on here repeating stuff that you'd heard about someone that was complete nonsense and here you are all upset and whinging because it's been done to you!!

Bang on RAW much rather catch 10 a few times than 50 once and certainly if I was in it for numbers id might aswell give up !! My uncle brought me up to just enjoy being out in the fresh air watching dogs do what they were bred to do !! There's no greater feeling that hunting all morning then having feet up watching tv with the same mutt stretched out next to that's what it all about !!

• Like 3

this is what I want out of my dogs kill on big or small land daytime because I only do a wee bit daytime but they have to do it plus big nums on lamp and a little bit of ferreting if they refused stuff infront of them they wouldent do all them things that's [BANNED TEXT] I want other may want different if my dogs do that im happy it all boils down to what the owner wants out of his dog