Old Plummer Terriers

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have no old pics of plummers or the crosses wm. none worth posting anyways. i was allways a russell man. through and through. i often wonder why i got into plummers. liked the look of them i suppos

Same child still around dogs,how time flies

Flint

Posted Images

nice to see them old types had one years ago got it of a mate in wigan who had the father he did not call them plumbers just russel types big red saddles and white legs his came from a hunt in wales that's why he called dog taffy dug to him all over the pup we had we dug all over the country and across the water every one that see him rated him died to ground aged 12 still doing it was like a pea from pod of those dogs in first couple of pages of this topic

put a pic up mate if u have 1 :thumbs:

Think i have a couple of old pic's of a couple of your old dogs lee think lucy or pepsi and was it sally cant remember its been a while :laugh: what was the name of that bitch that was lost in a drain ?

Kirstysdad,this is 1979,my first 2 plummers given to me to test on fox by Brian,tiny little things only about 10" TTS,he still called them russells then,these 2 bitches were out the same litter and the red was only dominant in 50% of the litters due to the breeding off white bodied dogs,this was his mousey headed stage, not long after this he was producing terriers that were too big for smallish tight holes,the laugh is when those bitches came in season he sent me to Ruthin,North Wales for a stud off his more famous dogs of that time in an attempt to produce a slightly bigger terrier around 12"-13" but all them stud dogs were 16"-17"TTS

these bitches could work a fox but were only yappers really,great for quick bolts but if they did'nt want to move or took a heavy puncture then they'd come out and I'd leash her up,I'd then let the proper earthdog in as I kept many types of terrier back then and it would be a dig.I mated those bitches to a well known "Nuttall" dog hard as nails and produced some of the best little earthdogs around and brought the size and shape up as well.

I'd love to say she did that damage to the fox but she never,her ambition far outweighed her ability.The red bitch behind did that damage,that was her calling card,bred by George Hardy of N. Wales.

This was my mate in the pictures Plummer bred by "Curtis Price",he was a tad big in the chest and would enter every earth,sometimes taking an hour to dig round some tight places,not my sort as I would call that a false marker,he was rock hard and hardly ever bolted,you always dug to a dead fox,he took heavy damage and died from a form of "necrosis" of the liver aged 7yrs, WM

Kirstysdad,this is 1979,my first 2 plummers given to me to test on fox by Brian,tiny little things only about 10" TTS,he still called them russells then,these 2 bitches were out the same litter and the red was only dominant in 50% of the litters due to the breeding off white bodied dogs,this was his mousey headed stage, not long after this he was producing terriers that were too big for smallish tight holes,the laugh is when those bitches came in season he sent me to Ruthin,North Wales for a stud off his more famous dogs of that time in an attempt to produce a slightly bigger terrier around 12"-13" but all them stud dogs were 16"-17"TTS

attachicon.gifscans 007.jpg

these bitches could work a fox but were only yappers really,great for quick bolts but if they did'nt want to move or took a heavy puncture then they'd come out and I'd leash her up,I'd then let the proper earthdog in as I kept many types of terrier back then and it would be a dig.I mated those bitches to a well known "Nuttall" dog hard as nails and produced some of the best little earthdogs around and brought the size and shape up as well.

attachicon.gifscans 012.jpg

I'd love to say she did that damage to the fox but she never,her ambition far outweighed her ability.The red bitch behind did that damage,that was her calling card,bred by George Hardy of N. Wales.

I'm not wanting to get into an argument, or anything, but are you saying you bred off bitches would come out? jackers?spewers? curs?

Why would you want to do such a thing when you had many proper earth dogs? Why not breed off your proper earth dogs instead?

I can't understand that bit.

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick?

• Like 4

Have to say this man has a trait seldom seen in the dog world "honesty",but I have always believed that any rubbish should work a fox ,to have a dog walk off a fox is the ultimate insult to any breeder ,to breed off one is just ludicrous and an insult to the meaning of terrier . This is just my belief ,but there are always different circumstances,each to there own

• Like 1