Old Plummer Terriers

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have no old pics of plummers or the crosses wm. none worth posting anyways. i was allways a russell man. through and through. i often wonder why i got into plummers. liked the look of them i suppos

Same child still around dogs,how time flies

Flint

Posted Images

Lucky, where it says working cert beside the dogs name on that pedigree, is that a w/cert issued by the MFHA or one from the Plummer folk ?

Its been proven in the past that most of the older working certs were false and something Plummer used as part of his "smoke and mirrors" when writing books as credibility, WM

champion of what :hmm: and who judge them

They were only champion of their own little club as each one never recognised the others paperwork, the champs were normally picked before the show, a fixed "sham" was the usual outcome, lol's WM

all the champs in the ped that lucky put up didnt need a fix, they stood out a mile, nice plummers to say the least.

They were only champion of their own little club as each one never recognised the others paperwork, the champs were normally picked before the show, a fixed "sham" was the usual outcome, lol's WM

all the champs in the ped that lucky put up didnt need a fix, they stood out a mile, nice plummers to say the least.

I've stood next to a few of those judges and heard them before they even got in the ring, as said "sham", you might remember most shows only ever have small numbers in their membership, especially the EPTR, ran by a committee that is all his family members, LOL's the papers mean nowt, WM

phil fish used a plummer or 2 over the years, amman valley farmers i think, a gun pack not mounted, curtis price had some with a hunt in wales also, but i would say that most wcerts on these ped are bs :thumbs: .

Phil Fish is a good huntsman that likes his terriers. For a few years I would spend a couple of weeks a season out with his pack but he didn't have them then. However he had good things to say about the plummers he had kept, they have good numbers of foxes down down so they must have seen some work. Also went out a couple of times with Curtis with another gunpack, that huntsman also liked the plummers he had worked in the past. Both of these huntsman told me they would have kept more if they could have got them. Both still had terriers bred down from those plummers put to other types.

The last time I was at Curtis' about eight years ago he had just taken back an old bitch that had worked for a foot pack for several seasons, I think it was called Dell and was nine years old. I remember thinking what a shame such dogs weren't being bred from.

• Like 4

Phil and the Ammanford had a some cracking Plummers there, I'm surprised they didn't keep them going? I put 2 with them for a season, Vandal was a bit too hard on his quarry,so Phil refused a working cert! Still better that than a jibber.

• Like 4

WC if you look at the pedigree you will see the regisration was in 2006 with the EPTR for a dog born in 2003 ,all of the dogs in the ped only gained their recognition from the 1 and only club running at that time ,the 3/4 club debacle wasn't within the breed at that time :thumbs:

Edited by lacey1

Phil and the Ammanford had a some cracking Plummers there, I'm surprised they didn't keep them going? I put 2 with them for a season, Vandal was a bit too hard on his quarry,so Phil refused a working cert! Still better that than a jibber.

Phil's a real character as you'll know. I've been out with other fell hound packs around the country that don't like there foxes getting knocked about either so it's not just him lol.

WC if you look at the pedigree you will see the regisration was in 2006 with the EPTR for a dog born in 2003 ,all of the dogs in the ped only gained their recognition from the 1 and only club running at that time ,the 3/4 club debacle wasn't within the breed at that time :thumbs:

Lacey, that was the first thing I clocked on it myself, all the clubs are and were as corrupt as each other when it comes to shows, I'm not saying that they weren't good dogs or never deserved to be champions but the results were always predetermined, I could start a club in the morning and issue paperwork, have a show for all my pups I've bred and make my favourite win, would that make him a proper champion, no, never but that's all the 3 established clubs have done, "tin pot dictatorships" with no real power, they will have even less control if ever the K.C get their hands on them, although I've never showed a dog myself I have attended most of the PTA's main shows at the midland and the welsh amongst others, WM