Old Plummer Terriers

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have no old pics of plummers or the crosses wm. none worth posting anyways. i was allways a russell man. through and through. i often wonder why i got into plummers. liked the look of them i suppos

Same child still around dogs,how time flies

Flint

Posted Images

Neil,Liam and co, thanks for your support, as said earlier its only the internet, its very easy for the younger members to slate us older lads on here, we never had many books to read or mobile phones,internet,u-tube,etc back in the day, what we learnt was through experience doing it and trial and error, it can be difficult raising a family,working to keep a roof over your heads,coping with what life throws at you and yet still remain committed to working and breeding your dogs so I take my hat off to anyone of our era and older that have come through it and are still hunting,thanks for the many pm's and ponte especially as I know I side tracked it for a while and your pm helped but I always reserve the right to defend myself from idiots,many forget that I owned many types of terrier but only ever focus on my Plummers,anyway lets get the thread back on track, C.S put some pics up of the crosses and some old Plummers, WM

i have no old pics of plummers or the crosses wm. none worth posting anyways. i was allways a russell man. through and through. i often wonder why i got into plummers. liked the look of them i suppose. but i have to admit the stick they get is way over the top. they can be very usefull. as multi taskers . we bred the pups off wizard to try to produce handy sized russells as the bitch we had was tiny and very handy. if i had my time again i would put a well bred little russell over her. and dodge the smoke and mirrors of plummer world. lol

this pic is from the same era. (early eighties. and to me is what it was all about. i let most foxes run. and admire the terriers that bolt them. but most of all i enjoy being out in the country. yis. CS.

attachicon.gifDSC_0023.JPG.

Good pic CS,and the butt of a fag stuck in the side of the mouth,lol those were carefree days,relaxed and not having to look over your shoulder at every sound or movement.

fatman that was a good day out with my brother in law. we got two out of that earth. it was between a school and a housing estate. loads of folk about no one batted an eyelid. we dug and bolted foxes anywhere and everywhere. without any problem. we could stop at the pub on the way home and stick the shotty behind the bar and get a game of pool. with the dogs tied to the table leg. lol sometimes it would get rowdy and we got barred for life on a monthly basis..

the castlemilk lads often got the bus out my way for a dig. and then bus home covered head to toe in dirt with the peppered terriers on there lap.

we went into rs mc colls with a buzzard on ar arms and a crossbow. lol. .

how can things change so much in such a short time. :blink: FFS. i used to have a rambo knife on my belt. (for rabbits) :laugh::laugh: . they would throw the key away now.

• Like 8

Neil,Liam and co, thanks for your support, as said earlier its only the internet, its very easy for the younger members to slate us older lads on here, we never had many books to read or mobile phones,internet,u-tube,etc back in the day, what we learnt was through experience doing it and trial and error, it can be difficult raising a family,working to keep a roof over your heads,coping with what life throws at you and yet still remain committed to working and breeding your dogs so I take my hat off to anyone of our era and older that have come through it and are still hunting,thanks for the many pm's and ponte especially as I know I side tracked it for a while and your pm helped but I always reserve the right to defend myself from idiots,many forget that I owned many types of terrier but only ever focus on my Plummers,anyway lets get the thread back on track, C.S put some pics up of the crosses and some old Plummers, WM

i have no old pics of plummers or the crosses wm. none worth posting anyways. i was allways a russell man. through and through. i often wonder why i got into plummers. liked the look of them i suppose. but i have to admit the stick they get is way over the top. they can be very usefull. as multi taskers . we bred the pups off wizard to try to produce handy sized russells as the bitch we had was tiny and very handy. if i had my time again i would put a well bred little russell over her. and dodge the smoke and mirrors of plummer world. lol

this pic is from the same era. (early eighties. and to me is what it was all about. i let most foxes run. and admire the terriers that bolt them. but most of all i enjoy being out in the country. yis. CS.

attachicon.gifDSC_0023.JPG.

Good pic CS,and the butt of a fag stuck in the side of the mouth,lol those were carefree days,relaxed and not having to look over your shoulder at every sound or movement.

fatman that was a good day out with my brother in law. we got two out of that earth. it was between a school and a housing estate. loads of folk about no one batted an eyelid. we dug and bolted foxes anywhere and everywhere. without any problem. we could stop at the pub on the way home and stick the shotty behind the bar and get a game of pool. with the dogs tied to the table leg. lol sometimes it would get rowdy and we got barred for life on a monthly basis..

the castlemilk lads often got the bus out my way for a dig. and then bus home covered head to toe in dirt with the peppered terriers on there lap.

we went into rs mc colls with a buzzard on ar arms and a crossbow. lol. .

how can things change so much in such a short time. :blink: FFS. i used to have a rambo knife on my belt. (for rabbits) :laugh::laugh: . they would throw the key away now.

Times certainly have changed,remember when we could not afford wheels of our own my diging mate and myself would get a local taxi to drop us of and arrange to be picked up at a different place all goin well,we mostly walked home as we always seemed to get stuck at an earth.Remember another time when there was a good bounty on the fox pelts[times were hard] my mate said as we were walking down a ditch that he had just seen a fox drop in to an earth on the oppisite side of the field.We hurried across and [no locater back then] dropped a bullxrussell i had and after about 3 hours diging we broke through to spot with a very dead red tomcat,lol best was as we were diging down we were arranging the good night we were goin to have with the money from the pelt,lol.I also remember us walking out the road out of town with a couple of terriers and diging gear and a probing bar with a hook shaped handle.This was around the early 80s and a chap pulled up in a vw bettle and acussed us of goin badger diging and the bar was used for pulling them out,even then there were uneducated muppets about.

• Like 4