Not The Same As When I Was Young.....

Playing kerby, fishing the canal for big pike (anything longer than a foot lol) playing golf with one club, catching myxi rabbits in their droves, gat guns that fired darts aswell, tattie guns, home made peg guns (lethal at short range) shitealights at front doors, tying two doors in a stair together, moving the pakis Toyota 2 streets away popping the old mini bonnets and moving ht leads, hunt the c**t, 5 and a kick, playing football rain, sun, snow, hail, report cards from school, detention, lines, jumping of the bridges/rocks into rivers/sea, reebok pumps, Jordan's, getting a take on at footy from another street in the area, homemade go carts, sledges from anything that slid, all of the top of my head.

Did you ever make throwing arrows them things were bloody lethal.

made loads of them when i was a kid out of hazel stick and cereal boxes. use to spend ages hunting round for fencing staples in my mates dads farm outbuildings, when we got some we would straighten them out and put them into a already sharpened end of a throw and arrow.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was talking to a lad yesterday, 23, has a boy aged 3. The lad has lived his whole life within half a mile of the sea. He's never seen a rock pool, doesn't know what a hermet crab was, never fished,

i grew up in inner london, and although dad worked long shifts, sometimes nights, grafting really hard down the docks, he always made time for us , and being a big family he used nearly all his spare

Lived on the edge of the town just near the countryside, the beach was about a mile away and the hills and forest about 2 with plenty of fields in between. My dad wasn't one for the outdoors or spen

Posted Images

Remember purely accidently hitting this old boys window with a football, we ducked behind the hedge as he opened the door and shouted "if I catch ye I'll foot yer arse!!" Before wheeling himself back in, we were decking ourselves as the old c**t had no legs!! :laugh:

• Like 2

My brother would start fires everyday when were kids, he always had matches in him,

My mum found this box of matches in his trouser pocket, so she pulled me to one side "I'm a bit concerned about your brother..... Is he smoking?"

" no of course not mum, he just loves making fires"

Her reply.... " oh that's ok then".....lol

• Like 2

Bloody hell!! As kids on a Saturday if the weather was fine (Fine being not torrential rain or -20c :laugh: ) me mam would shout me up, give me a decent breakfast, hand me a bag with lunch in and tell me to fuuck off until tea time :laugh: :laugh:

We used to wander far and wide lol once ended up in hospital after my mate and me buggered off one summer holiday morning on the bikes and ended up crashing into each other riding down a very steep hill with no hands :laugh: The parents turned up and cracked us both for not being where we said we were going :laugh: :laugh: Them were the days :yes:

Lookin back putting air bomb repeaters and bangers through people's letter boxes was a bit out of order

crow scarer in the empty milk bottles or taped to the window, we were mad :laugh: use to embed them in mud and depth charge the canal :icon_eek:

:laugh: Guilty!! We also used to buy a few cheap tins (Beans, soups etc) around bonfire night and play a game where we would throw a tin at a time on the fire and all stand around, last one stood there won :laugh: Getting covered in exceptionally hot exploding asparagus soup is not fun but I won :laugh:

and all the tackle we used to use to catch a few sticklebacks out the brook ,,,, :laugh:

:laugh: Red bellies :laugh:

We used to catch bullheads and all sorts just by moving stones and holding a cheap net downstream :yes:

• Like 1

Remember purely accidently hitting this old boys window with a football, we ducked behind the hedge as he opened the door and shouted "if I catch ye I'll foot yer arse!!" Before wheeling himself back in, we were decking ourselves as the old c**t had no legs!! :laugh:

Are you sure he said "foot" pmsl :laugh: :laugh:

post-3174-0-61295300-1393159060_thumb.jpg

Note the dogs out on there own .. a common sight ... pretty much where I live now

post-3174-0-32580700-1393159195_thumb.jpg

I grew up in that row , my home was just past the 3 people standing outside the shop .. I can recall them taking down the pit wheels as a child

post-3174-0-23078000-1393159481_thumb.jpg

These buildings are still standing , this was before my time but the shop on the fork in the road is still used as a business

• Like 3

Well he said "fit" which is scottish for foot...... :laugh:

Well he said "fit" which is scottish for foot...... :laugh:

I'm still not convinced :laugh: :laugh:

Remember once I was about 10 going Bonfire singing with a couple of mates. We knocked on this old boys door started singing and he invited us in, bless him all he wanted was a bit of company, lovely old chap gave us a glass of Barley water, some Yorkshire mix and some liquorice :laugh: and when we left 2 bob each. When we told my mum she clouted me for going into a strangers house :laugh:

Right behind the house were hundreds of acres if reed beds, used to go from where I lived down to Topsham about a mile or so away, the main river ran through it all but there were loads of small streams and dykes etc that would fill at high tide then be a trickle at low..

The reeds were collected by kids in there hundreds.. For roofing of dens..

We'd lift the rocks in the stream and catch Ells with our hands, we'd throw them up the bank and then grab them... Used to be some decent ones too,

There was an old bridge over one of the streams, my grandad used to hang a pair of woman's tights full of offal over the bridge at low tide, the tide would come up and the Eels would grab the tights and there teeth would stick in it, my dad told me he caught loads like this..

My cousin still nets Eels in the river and smokes them, they fetch a fair bit, taste is lovely..

An old transit van got washed up one day, that was our den for a few weeks..

Can anyone remember the letter E's, made of metal, about 5 inches by 3 and very thin? You got them out of the old tube style tvs. I can mind there being loads of them about. Used to use them like frisbys and you could get them to stick into wood like ninja stars lol. Back then I used to sight my scope for the air rifle out the back, shoot crows off roof tops and lamp posts. You'd be looking at 12 months now.

• Like 1

Can anyone remember the letter E's, made of metal, about 5 inches by 3 and very thin? You got them out of the old tube style tvs. I can mind there being loads of them about. Used to use them like frisbys and you could get them to stick into wood like ninja stars lol. Bastraingck then I used to sight my scope for the air rifle out the back, shoot crows off roof tops and lamp posts. You'd be looking at 12 months now.

chucking asbestos on bonfires and filling bags with acetylene and letting the wind roll it onto the fire, shook the windows for miles :laugh: old cast drainpipe with the end in a burning oil drum with an aerosol suspended on wire half way down. crow scarer's with the fuse pulled out as far as it could go and tapped to windows, also encased in mud and used as depth charges at passing barges off the railway bridge :laugh::laugh::laugh: