Cyclists And Hoss Riders ???

Road tax was abolished in the '30's from memory, perhaps the thought of folk getting away with something irks folk.

You drive a car according to the conditions, not when and where you want to be, if someones heads gone and they stand on the inside lane of an empty motorway at half 5 of a morning....you'll be in trouble if you hit em.

Had a skip-wagon doing 40mph up a country lane (ft either side of his tyres) I was riding last yr, 4 mile of lane not a soul on it, three of us were chatting abreast on the right side of the road, skip bounced up behind us fully intent on making us av it, empty skip and chains bouncing like a gud en. He stopped 6inches from me pal and repeatedly slipped the clutch so to have the empty skip threatening to clear the cab and crown his swede. This was very bad, I peeld round to the drivers window after clocking me oppo's kite and politely asked the irrate driver how many people he'd killed, he looked at me like i'd gone out (he'd do well on here) so I explained real slow by suggesting if his wagon hits me pal then that means he cant see his little girl ever again, which easily transposes to him being a little girl killer cause either way me oppo cant have further experiences with her..he was giving me loads of yeah buts and me oppo signalled to me to spew....he went off with his mojo intact. Unfortunately me oppo had realised what yard he was going to and later snipered it at closing time, next news he had an home twenty and called to see him one night with his mrs, the skip wagon drivers wife and children were soon very aware what their father gets upto in the afternoons and I believe the driver actually started crying when pinned to his hall floor with a jif bottle of ammonia placed into his mouth...game n'more. Careful out there campers, you never know your luck in a raffle.

Not all lycra is speedo tackle, got an 83yr old pal who performs 15 mile walks regular and uses a trampoline for half hour of a morning, he weares a compression suit and because of this is ready to go again the next day.

Nice early '90's Marin Terry...them front rigid forks are darlings.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok let's have this right if we are being sensible all of a sudden........without fail they will edge up the inside of you at traffic lights or in traffic when there is about a foot of space between th

I don't mind the average cyclist but it's those groups of Lycra clad morons that take over the whole road that get my goat.

I use mine to get to work and the allotment. I don't jump lights and ride as sensible as I can. Some times in tight spots you have to pull out and ride defensive so some prat in a car doesn't try and

Posted Images

Road tax was abolished in the '30's from memory, perhaps the thought of folk getting away with something irks folk.

You drive a car according to the conditions, not when and where you want to be, if someones heads gone and they stand on the inside lane of an empty motorway at half 5 of a morning....you'll be in trouble if you hit em.

Had a skip-wagon doing 40mph up a country lane (ft either side of his tyres) I was riding last yr, 4 mile of lane not a soul on it, three of us were chatting abreast on the right side of the road, skip bounced up behind us fully intent on making us av it, empty skip and chains bouncing like a gud en. He stopped 6inches from me pal and repeatedly slipped the clutch so to have the empty skip threatening to clear the cab and crown his swede. This was very bad, I peeld round to the drivers window after clocking me oppo's kite and politely asked the irrate driver how many people he'd killed, he looked at me like i'd gone out (he'd do well on here) so I explained real slow by suggesting if his wagon hits me pal then that means he cant see his little girl ever again, which easily transposes to him being a little girl killer cause either way me oppo cant have further experiences with her..he was giving me loads of yeah buts and me oppo signalled to me to spew....he went off with his mojo intact. Unfortunately me oppo had realised what yard he was going to and later snipered it at closing time, next news he had an home twenty and called to see him one night with his mrs, the skip wagon drivers wife and children were soon very aware what their father gets upto in the afternoons and I believe the driver actually started crying when pinned to his hall floor with a jif bottle of ammonia placed into his mouth...game n'more. Careful out there campers, you never know your luck in a raffle.

Not all lycra is speedo tackle, got an 83yr old pal who performs 15 mile walks regular and uses a trampoline for half hour of a morning, he weares a compression suit and because of this is ready to go again the next day.

Nice early '90's Marin Terry...them front rigid forks are darlings.

Yea I like it good little work horse. Sat in the shed at the mo with studded snow tyres on while I commute on another one. To be honest would be better off sitting it on a raft with the weather we have had

UK highway code. " 2 abreast maximum on roads but if a narrow country lane then single file". Not fcukin hard to comprehend is it.

It still goes further than that, it's common sense not to be a d**k, and just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it. I was driving through a small town not far from here, 20 of them we going up a hill at a snails pace, they should have dropped in to single file so the rest of us could get passed but they didn't and that is the sort of thing that gets right up my nose.

I am a cyclist as well, me and the wife almost never ride two abreast

Yeh Stabba, the HWC also states you should reverse into your drive, and drive frontwards out ! do you do that ?

Don't have a drive. But what i do have is a common decency. I look out for cyclists as i do the motorbikes. i give them every courtesy . pity they didn't do the same for car drivers. Stick em on a road in lycra and they go all Bradley Wiggins. Not hard is it to free up the road simply by dropping into single file or 2 abreast. Like i say..Courtesy and decency .

• Like 2

Wee story.....

Remember about 15 year ago my mate got himself a pug GTI. Phones me up and we go out for a wee spin around the back roads near me. Anyway the exhaust is pretty loud and we are giving it a bit of welly when in the distance, maybe 5/600 yards away we see a young lassie heading our way on a horse.

So my mate slows right down, into probably 2nd and we cruise up to this lassie. Mate sticks the thumbs up to her and gets the middle bar. Oh is that f*****g right...drops the clutch and revs the tits out the car, rev limiter bouncing away and this horse shaking her about like a rag doll....fpmsl.

Unbelievable.

Do you really think that's funny? :no:

So, if the horse had thrown the rider, damaged the car, or worse, would it still have been funny? :no:

We've all seen inconsiderate road users, some riding bikes, some riding horses, some driving lorries, and yes, some even driving cars.....

There was a scary survey done a few years ago. I can't remember the exact figures, but the majority of male drivers based their decisions on what their legal rights were rather than what was the safest thing to do.

Scary stuff...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-fine-400-cyclists-dangerous-4729068

Plenty of dickhead of cyclists for sure, though they aslo have a similar abreast carry-on with dog walkers, walking their charges in a floor marked cycle lane..even though the adjoining lane is marked for walkers (i'll walk where I want)...bizarre but very true.

Edited by oneredtrim

I use mine to get to work and the allotment. I don't jump lights and ride as sensible as I can. Some times in tight spots you have to pull out and ride defensive so some prat in a car doesn't try and squeeze through when he shouldn't. I never have any issues though and get out the way when i can so as not to hold people up when there is no need.

9273110505_489ab299ed_c.jpg

oh and I wear wellies and a wooly hat fashion never was my thing just ask the wife :laugh:

you will have someones eye out with that Tel :blink:

I use mine to get to work and the allotment. I don't jump lights and ride as sensible as I can. Some times in tight spots you have to pull out and ride defensive so some prat in a car doesn't try and squeeze through when he shouldn't. I never have any issues though and get out the way when i can so as not to hold people up when there is no need.

9273110505_489ab299ed_c.jpg

oh and I wear wellies and a wooly hat fashion never was my thing just ask the wife :laugh:

you will have someones eye out with that Tel :blink:

more than likely :laugh: you wait till you see the trailer I have got for it to carry the veg in this year :boogy:

• Like 1

you fecking moaning b*****ds , lets just hope none of you get stuck behind me when im in the tractor cause i dont pull in and you wont be getting past as im a b*****d if ive got to go slow so do you :laugh:

Unless you wear Lycra while driving your tractor three abreast with 20 of your mates I think you wont get any moans from us lot :laugh:

Lycra -check

(A) breasts? - check

Mates - .......................

• Like 2

Don't mind horse riders at all but those f***ing cyclists in London, the c**ts think they are driving a chieftain tank!!......and what's more, if you splatter them its YOUR f***ing fault !!

They say they need as much room as a car, well why do the dopey c**ts insist on squeezing up a 3inch gap on the inside of your van then!!

Pricks the lot of em !!

• Like 1

Don't mind horse riders at all but those f*****g cyclists in London, the c**ts think they are driving a chieftain tank!!......and what's more, if you splatter them its YOUR f*****g fault !!

They say they need as much room as a car, well why do the dopey c**ts insist on squeezing up a 3inch gap on the inside of your van then!!

Pricks the lot of em !!

Same reason you squeeze your 3 inch cock into a 1 inch hole.......... Coz you can!! :laugh: