Religion/god Given Rights..

Baw, I believe in God and I make no apology for it. But if you think I believe in a god like you described "a guy in the clouds" I'd best elaborate a little. . I believe in the God of the bible: a triune, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, uncreated creator, who is not limited to a body like ours. .

To say that the crimes committed by the Spanish inquisition made the nazis look like naughty schoolboys is a deplorable statement and something only a complete and utter idiot would say. I'll play no further participation in this thread.

ATB

• Like 3

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Religion was invented by very clever people, to further their own aims and to keep the common people in shackles, and discourage free thinking, all the main patriarch based religions are the best fair

One thing is fact when all looks lost and you have a millisecond to contemplate your life it's not god you think about or cry out for think about redemption from ... What enters your head for that bri

Growing up we was told theres 2 things a man doesnt have to justify......his faith or his football team ............for me only a complete ignoramus would mock another mans beliefs and ask him to jus

Posted Images

Baw LOL, I think individual faith and religion is a little more complex than that. :laugh::thumbs:

:laugh: not really mate, it's an easy enough question, do you believe in god, yes or no? If yes, do you really believe a guys floating in the sky looking down right now? Yes :laugh:

But if the answer to that is no it doesn't mean they don't have their own faith and interpretation of religion does it. That was my point. :thumbs:

It's a very personal thing, I don't believe religion is bad..... and faith is perfectly natural. If people want to follow a religion and they are a better person for it then fair play to them. I just think you have oversimplified it all.

How can you be religious and not believe in god? Surely that can't be possible?

Baw LOL, I think individual faith and religion is a little more complex than that. :laugh::thumbs:

:laugh: not really mate, it's an easy enough question, do you believe in god, yes or no? If yes, do you really believe a guys floating in the sky looking down right now? Yes :laugh:

But if the answer to that is no it doesn't mean they don't have their own faith and interpretation of religion does it. That was my point. :thumbs:

It's a very personal thing, I don't believe religion is bad..... and faith is perfectly natural. If people want to follow a religion and they are a better person for it then fair play to them. I just think you have oversimplified it all.

You have made the assertion that God IS a man floating in the sky. I don't think many actually believe that. I think it's fair to say most have a different image/feeling of what God is. Like I said, it's complicated and very personal to the individual. I can respect that.

Edited by Born Hunter

Baw, I believe in God and I make no apology for it. But if you think I believe in a god like you described "a guy in the clouds" I'd best elaborate a little. . I believe in the God of the bible: a triune, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, uncreated creator, who is not limited to a body like ours. .

To say that the crimes committed by the Spanish inquisition made the nazis look like naughty schoolboys is a deplorable statement and something only a complete and utter idiot would say. I'll play no further participation in this thread.

ATB

Oh dear, well this utter idiot actually knows what the Spanish inquisition and others did to five million women in the burning times, ok perhaps not a good analogy with the nazis, but deplorable or otherwise, your religion has killed thousands and thousands of inoccent people over the centuries, and curiously in the name of such a peace loving being who died for our sins, do I detect a tone of defense for the inquisition in your statement? Or is it time confession? :bye:

Edited by charlie caller

You have made the assertion that God IS a man floating in the sky. I don't think many actually believe that. I think it's fair to say most have a different image/feeling of what God is. Like I said, it's complicated and very personal to the individual. I can respect that.

I was brought up a catholic mate, were you?

ATB

:icon_redface: Nearly 45yrs old and words i,ve never heard of,,,,wheres me dictionary :laugh:

ATB

If you had been raised your entire life never having heard of any gods or religions,and at the age you are now discovered Christianity,do you really think you'd become a follower?

That should be the test of a religion IMO.

Because I'm sure with enough 'education' you could raise any child to believe anything.

ATB

Obviously he isn't restricted to a body like ours he's god after all :laugh: so tell me mate, after he created man etc, what's he done since this god? Has he had his feet up all this time?

• Like 3

ATB

If you had been raised your entire life never having heard of any gods or religions,and at the age you are now discovered Christianity,do you really think you'd become a follower?

That should be the test of a religion IMO.

Because I'm sure with enough 'education' you could raise any child to believe anything.

I think Santa Claus proves that

I dont know whats worse some Jehovas Witness knocking on your door trying to force their opinions on you or people trying to force you to believe all religion is made up lies and terrible etc etc.............

Religion is out there..... if you want it take it......if you dont want it dont take it.... its that simple but you dont need to tell people they are wrong if they do that makes you no better than the Jehovas lot in my opinion.

Agree, you pay your money & you take your choice.

& dont forget......... Atheism a not for profit religion.

• Like 1

ATB

:icon_redface: Nearly 45yrs old and words i,ve never heard of,,,,wheres me dictionary :laugh:

ATB

I am sure you have mate, but nevertheless they are all excellent words used by people to convey the mystery and all seeing potency of our supposed creator, a bit of modern spin if you like on the old, lord moves in mysterious ways his wonders to perform mantra, in other words when ever a persons faith was tested, IE a loved one died young or a catastrophe happened, the f***in mealy mouthed priests would sooth the poor victim with these words of wisdom, because the w***ers had nothing else to say and no explanation ;) in other words blind faith, and subservience to the church of Rome.

Edited by charlie caller
  • Like 1