Dog Has The Shits

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​blood could be where dog has been straining to go. I would starve for 24 hrs then give bit of burnt toast or charcoal biscuits.I used to feed butchers waste so never had problems with dog having dia

When mine was on dried and they seem to go off it,I would put little bit of gravy over it,just enough to coat the biscuit.

They can get a little excited when out for walk and the stools can become a lil loose. When you say the shits do you mean like water or runny poo? Only feed him the rice and chicken once a day and don

Don't put boiling water on the dry food I've heard it gets rid of some protein how true this is I don't know could just be a bug it's picked up hope his recovery is a quick one

I used to make gravy up in a jug then tip it over,then let the bowl cool down abit before feeding the dogs,used to perk them up in winter,

Same with left over porridge.

I took my dog to the vets earlier on today cus she was like this, they said its probably a bit of bone not been digested properly and scratched the intestine/bowls! £45 later and 2 packs of tablets just got to see hiw sge gets on in the next week

Bin the tinned food now, don't even use what's left it's complete shite pal. Give him some chicken and rice for couple of days. That will harden up his stools and whilst doing that get online to lawsons animal feeds and order some Gain 20 or 28 if your working the dog flat out. It's really good gear a complete food and the dogs seem to love it ! Oh and it's only £12 for 15kg. Atb

• Like 1

A lot of good info, as said bin the tin, and mix some raw with your complete, for meat there will be various places where you can source it from, if you have only one dog, you can try the supermarkets the place where they sell cheaper.

When my Whippet had the scoots the vet gave him a course of antibiotics, and told me to feed cooked chicken and rice for a week, and this worked.

Regarding being picky, never seen a dog that would turn down cooked chicken, another cheap source is Iceland or Farmfoods, or you could have a look at DAF but they have a minimum order of £30 so you would need a freezer.

usually it would be bright red if so then starve and feed boiled chicken and rice? if its dark red blood thats further up and needs a vet?

yeh with boiled chicken+ rice, get his belly a chance to relax, then when ok keep up with bolied chicken bit of dry meal, and then feed raw meat as few pilchards+pasta in his diet. i have to be very careful with my 2 dogs both do great on raw chicken+ dry meal plenty of engery+ fit, but give any other raw meat venison etc they will have bad shits for 3-4 days, so aprt from raw chicken, the rest is boiled plus it kill worms :yes:

Bin the tinned food now, don't even use what's left it's complete shite pal. Give him some chicken and rice for couple of days. That will harden up his stools and whilst doing that get online to lawsons animal feeds and order some Gain 20 or 28 if your working the dog flat out. It's really good gear a complete food and the dogs seem to love it ! Oh and it's only £12 for 15kg. Atb

Lawsons is a good outfit, never let me down, hope the dog recovers well. atb

Had a look on Lawson's website looks decent. Is that gain food good?

What's the difference between the gain 20 and 28? I do work the dog on a weekend with the ferrets and the odd night out on the lamp. Gets walked twice a day think that food will do?

• Like 1