Dog Has The Shits

It was a bit of both tbh. When i checked on him yesterday it was a bit more solid but then on the walk it was like a little water fall from his arse lol.

hes only had one day on the rice and chicken so i will check again today and see what he is like. I will remember not to feed him as much as i normally do :)

I remember when our beagle had the runs the vet gave us a bag of dog food to put her on but it wasnt cheap stuff. Will see how he gets on and if no improvement i will take him to the vets and let them have a look at him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​blood could be where dog has been straining to go. I would starve for 24 hrs then give bit of burnt toast or charcoal biscuits.I used to feed butchers waste so never had problems with dog having dia

When mine was on dried and they seem to go off it,I would put little bit of gravy over it,just enough to coat the biscuit.

They can get a little excited when out for walk and the stools can become a lil loose. When you say the shits do you mean like water or runny poo? Only feed him the rice and chicken once a day and don

Checked him today and he seems to be getting better. One turd in the kennel and it was pretty solid.

Then when I walked him he had a crap and it was pretty solid again. He had another 2 and it was a tiny bit sloppy and not much but better than it been like water before

You shouldn't need to add rice once or twice to harden its shit it should be solid anyhow. Important thing is to find a food your happy with and stick with that one brand. Gain 20 stick to gain 20, if you keep chopping and changing its grub it will end up with the shites. Dogs get used to there grub. Yes rabbit will be fine to supplement gain 20 with, I even put in some fish, chicken, beef mince and mashed up veg when we have a roast.