Dog Has The Shits

Alright lads just after a bit of advice. Went for the dog today and there were 3 sloppy shits but no bloodin the kennel and it's not like him to shit in the kennel tbh.

Checked his food bowl and he had eaten all the meat but left his biscuits. Took him out and he seemed fine running around Ect

Got back home nearly and he squatted again. Not much came out but there was a small drop of blood by the looks of it. Got him back home and put some meat in his bowl and he started eating it.

Not sure if I should take him to the vets or if it's just a bug. Not great timing after Xmas tbh :(

I was going to try changing his food but he's always been a picky eater and it might upset his stomach again by changing what he normally has?

I usually give him dried biscuits with a tin of dog meat and he seems to eat the lot. He's always had the odd sloppy shit now and again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​blood could be where dog has been straining to go. I would starve for 24 hrs then give bit of burnt toast or charcoal biscuits.I used to feed butchers waste so never had problems with dog having dia

When mine was on dried and they seem to go off it,I would put little bit of gravy over it,just enough to coat the biscuit.

They can get a little excited when out for walk and the stools can become a lil loose. When you say the shits do you mean like water or runny poo? Only feed him the rice and chicken once a day and don

When a dog has a firm stool it`s anal gland secretes fluid from the gland.If the dog constantly has runny shits it`s anal glands are not emptied and fill up.Soon the dog will be uncomfortable and dragging it`s arse along the floor etc.Feed him raw meat and bones and he`ll be fine.

sack the tinned dog meat it contains cereal water preservatives etc and causes sloopy shits. feed minced chicken, beef, offal or tripe with a bit of biscuit aor pasta as a mixer bit of veg couple of times a week and small tin of pilchards once a week.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

Mines just getting over this,put him on chick and rice for a few days with a treatment of promax and its seems to have sorted it out, although a big outbreak of parvo here too, but luckily didnt show any vomitting or lethargy.

I will try him on some rice and egg. I honestly don't think its parvo as he's still his usual self and running around.

I will keep him off the tinned meat from now on though.

What do people feed there's on? Willing to try a different food but like I say he can be a fussy shit. I was thinking maybe something to add warm water too or something like that?