Newcastle/sunderland

Football rivalry is about so much more than the 90 minutes of a game......i dont understand how cities with only 1 club can have big rivalries.......its all about the rivalry in the pubs,the workplace,the streets........how can you have that when everyone around you support the same club !!.......One of the best parts of the country ive seen for football rivalry is the Midlands.....Birmingham,Villa,Wolves,West Brom all so close to each other they cant help but run into each other on a daily basis it becomes so much more than just about playing each other......you pray your rivals lose just as much as you pray your own club wins.........Clubs like Villa or Wolves would be far bigger clubs than a club like Newcastle if they were in a 1 club city.......what would Celtic/Rangers rivalry be like if they were not in the same city.......Arsenal/Spurs seperated by one street......the best rivalries in football are where clubs and fans live,drink and work side by side.....then kick f**k out of each other on a weekend :laugh:

wolves are a one team city

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well shit in your hat and punch it......would you adam and eve it !!.....................He was right all along the boy ......well in Max   Im probably as relieved as you are that i havent spent th

i`m that engrossed in this i stuck my hand in the tin of roses without looking unwrapped it and i`ve had a fooking strawberry one

FFS I've never been so interested in whether somone has a ticket or not since watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Posted Images

Ffs Gnash for some reason you think if anything or anyone ain't from Londinistan then they can't

Be anything.

Get out of your bubble man.

Their is more to England and Great Britain than

ole London Town.

And you are not a teeny weent bit over enthusiastic about hartlepool or sunderland whevere it is your from !!!!.......why else would you be talking about " saunders from sedgfoot " or whoever it was :D .........I suppose its only bias if i say it :whistling:

SAFC v Nufc

Is pure hate

Maybe that's not a good thing

But it's true

Folk from Berwick down to North of Middlesbrough

Either generally follow Newcastle or Sunderland

They live and work amongst each other or in

Proximity

It splits friends'families and communities

Combined they get 100k crowds

But in truth on Derby days it generates the support and rivalry of around 600 - maybe close to a million people on both sides

Like I say it ain't just the City's who's boundaries

Overlap but supporters from Berwick to Boro

That it riles up.

It's Massive

It's history

It's rivalry

It's Hate

It's Passion

It's life and death to many

It's SAFC v Nufc

And Nufc v SAFC

You can argue all day long on this one

But it is the Biggest English Derby bar non

they cannot hate each other more than i hate wednesday piggy sprinters . i have travelled far and wide and your match day is never over living amongst your rivals :whistling: . it maybe a big thing safc v nufc to you lot in the far norf, but it means nothing to the rest , your not rated as important :bad: . the passion you feel is the same up and down the country , prob no less but defo no more . i have been to both nufc and safc more than once and your just not scary , funny but not scary :thumbs: . i no longer go to beautiful down town bramall lane :angel: or live in the area , my kids will support who they want . as long as its not wednesday .

• Like 1

I'm a Wednesdayite hate the pigs (blades) with a passion, but bumhole lane is a scary place to go, Got respect for the bbc some of my good mates use to run with them in the 90's.

Wednesday and united might not be the biggest rivalry there is but it is to me, I have no interest in other teams. How somebody can go and watch another team is beyond me.

Edited by keepdiggin

I know of a Sheffield lad who follows both teams, as in if weds ate away, he'll go watch united, strange but apparently it was the done thing when he was a lad, I know of another lad from Nottingham who insists that until a decade or so ago, forest fans would cheer county winning when the scores were announced at half time, and when the two played each other, it was a free for all in the stadium as to who sat where, bizzare

As for the north east, I'll always have a thousand times more respect for Sunderland as i saw the explosion of the supposed toon army when keegan arrived and in my line of work, I've met dozens of Geordies who follow united and Liverpool, but not one mack who supports anyone else

Ps I was at a Sunderland Carlisle game as a kid about 94 and they couldn't have been better in the pubs around roker park to a youngster