Newcastle/sunderland

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well shit in your hat and punch it......would you adam and eve it !!.....................He was right all along the boy ......well in Max   Im probably as relieved as you are that i havent spent th

i`m that engrossed in this i stuck my hand in the tin of roses without looking unwrapped it and i`ve had a fooking strawberry one

FFS I've never been so interested in whether somone has a ticket or not since watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Posted Images

Looks like I could be going to West Ham on sat after all.

Here's hoping it comes off .

Well drop us a line if you got a few hours to kill after........got another one of your lot off here coming down as well so i might hire an interpreter for the day :D

Max theres something been bugging me throughout this conversation so i took the liberty of looking it up......you say about how well supported Sunderland are but as an away fan i dont ever remember seeing the Stadium of Light full up......................

If you go on the % of how full a stadium is...............Sunderland are actually the second worst supported club in the premiership !!........And as i suspected........West Ham are actually top !!........Granted we have a smaller ground but its very rare to see empty seats at Upton Park ( 99.7 % )......compared to Sunderland ( 85.4 % )...........................im not being a dick about it i just knew id always seen a lot of empty seats whenever ive been at Sunderland.

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england

Just read all of this thread from start to finish.

Max, have you been on a week long bender? :hmm:

Biggest rivalry in Britain? Probably Celtic/Rangers or Utd/Liverpool.

Fiercest? Thats another question ;)

Glad your reading Joel you dinglebarsteward :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers, D.

Was it not said biggest rivalry in English football

Dykos ?

Yeah, so like I said, IMO, Celtic v Rangers or Scum (2, after Burnley) V Liverpool.

I added the fiercest bit as the thread has gone off at a few tangents and I thought I'd just add my twopenneth :boogy::thumbs:

Cheers, D.

Gnash Sunderland and the Surrounding areas they draw support from ie

Durham Pit Villages and Towns ain't exactly rolling in money

Along with parts of Wales it's prob up there as one of the most economically depressed areas in the Uk so to fill a 49k Capacity Stadium is always going to be Hard

Especially when the football is par for the course at best average I think if you look at the average attendances of safc's home gates they are doing ok.

In England prob only behind

Man U

Liverpool

Newcastle

Arsenal

Man City ?

Over the last 15 years or more

And with teams no where near as Successful

We had a little success when Peter Reid was at the helm and it was nai on Full House every home game.

If we were a regular top 7 team

And in Europe ect

And folk were watching real good football

SAFC would sell out no probs

All done I think we prove support wise we are up there.

Canning Town aint exactly Beverly Hills Max this is the poorest most deprived area in London but we still fill our ground out every week you cant use that as an excuse........According to the records on average there is around 100 seats not filled at West Ham on a weekly basis.........at Sunderland theres 7000 unfilled seats on a weekly basis.......i find that staggering for a club who claim to have great support !................We can all say if we was top 7 and in Europe....we,re not !.......Thats how you judge a clubs following,when we was in the championship our ground was sold out every week,when we,re in the Premier league our ground is sold out every week........and we are surrounded by much bigger clubs.......Sunderland are the only club in Sunderland and they cant fill their ground....its a new ground they wouldnt of built a 49k ground if they didnt think the support was there........Statistically the second worst supported club percentage wise in the premier league.....cant really argue with that mate.

Edited by gnasher16

So if our ground was only a 40k capacity would we be classed as the biggest supported club ?

What if a conference teams capacity is 800 and they get that every week does that make them a better supported club than SAFC

No it don't

SAFC have about the 5 th biggest home crowd

In English football from a club that is back and forth and mediocre at best

They should of kept it 42k

And at that time invested the money in players

We actually could of went top of the prem one Boxing Day when reidy was manager

But a certain club beat us 2-0

We ended up finishing 7th in Prem

Gnash East London may be rough but there are always ways to earn money in a big city

The Stadium of Light could actually be extended further to 66k

If we were a reg European side we'd need it.

Stadiums are built based on the predicted support in the area Max.......Yeovil are not going to build a 60k stadium because the support is not there........it was predicted Sunderlands support should be 49k.................your claim that they are one of the best supported clubs is simply not true these are facts im giving you.......heres another fact.......we know all clubs attendances drop slightly when they go down into the championship as its the true test of hardcore support......

The last time West Ham/Sunderland were both in the championship at the same time was 2004........look for yourself.

From a 34k capacity West Ham went to 31k that year.

From a 49k capacity Sunderland went to 27k that year.......................27 !!!!!!! ....Thats appalling support the ground was literally half empty !

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~20037,00.html

The Stadium of Light could actually be extended further to 66k

If we were a reg European side we'd need it.

Glory hunters you mean ?.......Hardcore fans dont give a f**k what league their club is in they follow the badge not what stars might be playing for the opposition !

• Like 1

What tells you how well supported a club is

Is by their average home crowd and secondly by their away following

We have I think the 4-5-6th largest home gate in

England

When built stadium of light was 42k and nai on full every week

We were doing quite well under Peter Reid at the time and those who make the decisions obviously thought we has a potential top 4-5 squad after finishing 7th two seasons running so they extended to 49k

When IMO they should of spent that extension wonga on buying some real class to make us into genuine top 4-5 team

It backfired.

But your way of calculating a well supported club re empty seats is wrong

Weigh it up by your average gate with the quality of team and football watched defiantly either having a negative or positive impact on numbers

And also how well off or poor the said catchment area is

Clothing kids and food on table comes first no matter how much you love your football

Max you are trying to climb Mount Everest in a pair of flip flops !!........The proof is there in black and white and you are still trying to deny it........Man City built a new stadium,Arsenal built a new stadium....the capacity is based on the predicted support taking EVERYTHING into account they dont just guess at a figure and say " that will do "................Sunderlands predicted figure was 49k...................yet on average they are losing 7000 seats every week......the facts are there they are the second worst supported club in the premier league......if Arsenal were only getting 50k instead of the predicted 60k they would be the worst......its not difficult.

Likewise away support......we give between 2 and 3000 tickets to the big supported clubs Sunderlands allocation this week is 1500.......theres no mystery to it mate.

I agree kids and food should always come first but we,re not talking about the morals of life we are talking about football and right or wrong for some people football will be priority.

Gnash' what's the Capacity of the Olympic Stadium going to be ?

And how many do you envisage West Ham

Getting thru the gates there ?

It's got to be 40k plus ?

Max the examples im giving you about your club are the exact reason ive never wanted to go into the Olympic Stadium......at a 60k capacity we will fill it against the big clubs but average it out over a season and we,ll probably get 45k ish...............we are surrounded by much bigger clubs West ham are not the sort of club people " choose " to support like they do the Man Utd,s Arsenal,s and Chelsea,s if your not born a West Ham fan you wont choose to be one.......Upton Park has 34k diehard fans week in week out.....the Olympic stadium will bring in another 10 -15k fans but they wont be diehards they will be the day trippers......and in a ground that size it is bound to effect the atmosphere........similar to your own ground.

If your going you,ll be in the Trevor Brooking lower.... to the left of the goal....... next to the chicken run....good luck :D ......look out for foreign objects coming from above and general abuse coming from your left :laugh:

Edited by gnasher16

What's the chances of Di Canio being there on

Saturday cheering the Hammers on lol ?

Wouldnt surprise me......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDnnc5RcWbE

As for oneredprick another hardcore fan who refuses to follow his club more than a bus ride away..........either that or just plain go,s awol when he gets invited down.

What's the chances of Di Canio being there on

Saturday cheering the Hammers on lol ?

Wouldnt surprise me......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDnnc5RcWbE

As for oneredprick another hardcore fan who refuses to follow his club more than a bus ride away..........either that or just plain go,s awol when he gets invited down.

I think you're under the impression you book my appointments Lennie, i'm afraid that's where your propaganda runs out of luck, try not being so desperate with your freebie to the sycophants on here.

City did not build there stadium, neither (ref an earlier post you made) did a rich arab finance it, Barca bring the curtain down on the stands that are not filled (nearly always) and yet feel the need to just recently announce a further extension or a freshly enlarged re-build...if they choose to mirror sunderland and you know more than them then perhaps your way of looking at things is a touch tainted.