Marine Found Guilty Of Murder

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How are they immoral? If the sandal was on the other foot, he would be taken to a cave somewhere and his head cut off with a bread knife.   Live by the sword die by the sword imo   I don't thin

He should have claimed it was 'Pre Ban'  

So that he would have been saved patched up and returned to his village so that he could plant an IED or shoot a British soldier so that a baby in the uk loses a daddy or a Mother loses a son ........

Snobs!!.....lol.....that's funny!

Because obviously the people you want running military & national intelligence along with all that state of the art equipment is some prat with a baseball cap 3 sizes too small and who can't spell their name !!

"Have you saved London from that terrorist cell?"

"Ang on bruv, I'm just having a joint init !!"[/quote

Lol wilf you cheeky c**t I don't even smoke. I'm not saying I want a chav defending my country. Just know the well spoken sort of boys in my life haven't been the type to get their hands dirty. For them to be the top of the spies have the done any graft? I'm not pretending to know it all or being anti but they come across as the type who haven't done much yes because of how they talk. The people telling us how to live our life haven't lived a similar lifestyle. I just hope it's different in this its different. Being well spoken isn't a crime but most the sort like that in situations around me have folded so to speak. End of the day I'm not a poltical correct wrong un I just wondered what they've done to earn their position and hope it wasnt just going to uni

You don't get very far in those types of organisations without making use of your hand gun on occasion....

If you want to be seen as just, then you have to play by the rules. Even if they don't.

If you're wearing the uniform then you're representing the rules, and will be judged by them.

Bringing a video camera to a gun fight? What could possibly go wrong...........

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Like 2

a man's career and life ruined, his family left in the shit all in the name of politics, this decision had nothing to do with warfare or rules and conventions it was a political one made over lunch in the house of commons bar one friday.

it would seem the hearts and minds campaign is also being rolled out here, the breakup of the EDL and what they're leaders are now doing, the press reporting 1 million muslims to wear poppies bla bla it would seem that the penny had finally dropped that extremism can only be defeated from within the communities where it is spawned. so marine A was a sacrificial lamb in the war on terror as much as the lads who die in the sand pits of the middle east.

And all this a couple of days before we commemorate those who have given their lives and those who have put themselves in harm's way, to keep us safe and free.......................................

The irony isn't lost on me, anyway !

Not sure I understand. My grandwother told me about her dad and he was in the trenches in WW1. They captured some Germans and put them in part of the trench then when it got too much trouble they threw grenades in there and killed the lot of them. War is hell to coin a phrase....I haven't been there but I know people do crazy shit they wouldn't normally do. We shouldn't punish them for acting the way we trained them to be.

And that, Nik, is exactly my point !

Rather than debating weither our not our troops should descend to the level of the savages their facing, surely we should be asking what the feck they are doing there in the first place.

Bring them home, out of harms way.

Put them on our borders if the threat is so great.

• Like 2

I'm not discrediting then because they speak well. I'm simply asking have they got their hands dirty? They look very clean and well spoken compared to the mates I know have signed up for the army. I think it's a joke were beig shed by a known terrorist and putting down marines mean while c**ts are burning poppies..I sure as hell know if I had a son I wouldn't let him sign up for the army.

your right there mate..never seen charles on goose green he was sitting eating lobsters with his ma .the people who sent these young lads to afganastan want to take a reddner.they cant win.

Charles might not have been but Andrew was flying helis, infiltrating SF teams and generally pulling his weight in one of the shittiest conflicts we've seen since WWII.

And I'm pretty sure Charles was Navy, he might be some sort of honourary head of the paras but he ain't a para.

..and his youngest son flew Apache longbows over Afghanistan..
..and I'm sure his old man fought for us in WW2 as well..

lions led by donkeys..over the top ffs .no member of that family died in action.strange that :hmm: same over here :yes:

Erm what about Louis Mountbatten the queen's cousin who was blown up by the IRA in Sligo in 1979 ?

• Like 1

NOVEMBER 9, 2013

‘Taliban hung our mates’ body parts from trees during six months of hell’: Horrific testimony of Marines fighting in ‘Death Valley’

• Marines tried for murder of Talibaninsurgent describe their ‘tour from hell’.

• One tells court martial that around 20 friends were killed or maimed there.

death-valleycapture.jpg?w=540

In a bleak corner of Helmand, only twisted, rusting barbed wire, rubble and broken blocks of concrete remain of what were once the British checkpoints of Kamiabi and Omar.

Yet two years ago they were considered vital to British operations and security in the region – a buffer against the Taliban, and during the summer of 2011, home to the Marines of 42 Commando.

They provided basic protection in a Taliban stronghold area known as ‘Death Valley’ and through the long hot months of the 2011 ‘fighting season’, clashes were so intense it was compared to the Zulu wars.

At its worst, it was a daily lottery for survival.

At one point during the six-month ‘tour to hell’, the body parts of British troops blown up by improvised explosive devices were hung in trees as trophies by Taliban fighters to taunt the Marines as they patrolled.

Some Marines have said they were also so concerned about running out of ammunition that they collected Taliban weapons and ammunition.

Indeed in the words of Marine C – one of the three man tried for the Afghan’s murder: ‘It is a s*** place out there, it’s not nice. It’s just a dirty, s***** war.’

Marine C told the court martial that around 20 friends had been killed or maimed during the six-month tour, including a popular young officer and a Marine who had previously won a Military Cross for courage under fire. He was blown up while searching a mud-walled compound.

Marine A, a hardened veteran of previous Afghan tours as well as Iraq, said other comrades had suffered ‘life changing’ injuries in the blast and described the effect the deaths had on the commandos.

He said they were not always able to recover the body parts of dead or maimed comrades. ‘It had quite a harsh affect. It’s not a nice thing for the lads.

‘Close friends they have lived with have been killed and parts of their bodies are displayed as a kind of trophy for the world to see.’

Marine B said he had been under attack ‘every single day’ and there had been ten casualties in one 24-hour period.

‘My friend’s legs had been put in a tree, I picked up my mate’s brains. I have no good memories of that tour. My way of coping with that was to put it away in a box at the back of my head.’

Uncertainty haunted daily patrols along routes pitted with booby traps and expertly buried bombs that could be triggered by a footfall.

Ambushes were an all-too-frequent danger. Locals who waved their greeting at one point would become an enemy to be feared the next – it was a common Taliban tactic for an attacker in a field to take a shot at patrols and then hide his weapon, picking up a farm tool instead.

‘Smiled in the back,’ was how one tour veteran termed it.

Some of the insurgents were called ‘ten dollar Taliban’. Marine A explained: ‘You find that fighting-age males would take part in the fighting season when the poppy season comes to an end and they are quite prepared to take ten dollars to fight.’

article-0-1B958D86000005DC-831_634x434.j

Isolated: A British patrol base in the area. The key concerns of the Marines who testified at the trial yesterday were said to be their limited numbers, their lack of air support and overwhelmingly a feeling of isolation

A tipping point came in August 2011, when a popular Marine, James Wright, was badly wounded in an attack in which the Taliban tried to overrun a commando base.

Marines on patrol were horribly outnumbered. After a fierce battle they managed to get back to Kamiabi but the emboldened and reinforced Taliban attacked again and again.

Marine Wright, 23, was hit by a grenade and seriously wounded. The patrol commander called in air support from Apache helicopter gunships and the enemy dispersed. A Chinook helicopter flew Marine Wright to Camp Bastion, but he died.

Colleagues are said to have been furious they had been left so close to being overrun.

article-0-1B9589FA000005DC-847_634x345.j

On patrol: Marine C told the court martial that around 20 friends had been killed or maimed during the six-month tour, including a popular young officer and a Marine who had won a Military Cross for courage under fire

article-0-1B958A35000005DC-511_634x370.j

Dangerous work: Uncertainty haunted daily patrols along routes pitted with booby traps and expertly buried bombs that could be triggered by a footfall. On other occasions, ambush were an all-too-frequent danger

In the following weeks there were more attacks. The key concerns of the Marines were said to be their limited numbers, their lack of air support and overwhelmingly a feeling of isolation.

Marine C said when he left for Afghanistan he was ‘keen for action’ but his attitude altered as the tour progressed. ‘It soon became apparent this was not a game,’ he said. ‘I was drained, very stressed and constantly in fear, really.’

Marine A said humour like that captured on the video clips by fellow Marines – including swearing at the expense of Afghan nationals – could be seen as ‘inappropriate’ to those back in Britain.

‘But when you are facing on a daily basis people trying to kill you, you inject humour as a coping mechanism as otherwise I would say things would be very dark.’

It was against this backdrop of exhaustion, fear and loathing that the murder took place, with the contempt felt by some summed up by Marine A as he shot the fighter and said: ‘Shuffle off this mortal coil, you c***. It’s nothing you wouldn’t do to us.’

NOVEMBER 9, 2013 ‘Taliban hung our mates’ body parts from trees during six months of hell’: Horrific testimony of Marines fighting in ‘Death Valley’

• Marines tried for murder of Talibaninsurgent describe their ‘tour from hell’.
  • One tells court martial that around 20 friends were killed or maimed there.

death-valleycapture.jpg?w=540

In a bleak corner of Helmand, only twisted, rusting barbed wire, rubble and broken blocks of concrete remain of what were once the British checkpoints of Kamiabi and Omar.

Yet two years ago they were considered vital to British operations and security in the region – a buffer against the Taliban, and during the summer of 2011, home to the Marines of 42 Commando.

They provided basic protection in a Taliban stronghold area known as ‘Death Valley’ and through the long hot months of the 2011 ‘fighting season’, clashes were so intense it was compared to the Zulu wars.

At its worst, it was a daily lottery for survival.

At one point during the six-month ‘tour to hell’, the body parts of British troops blown up by improvised explosive devices were hung in trees as trophies by Taliban fighters to taunt the Marines as they patrolled.

Some Marines have said they were also so concerned about running out of ammunition that they collected Taliban weapons and ammunition.

Indeed in the words of Marine C – one of the three man tried for the Afghan’s murder: ‘It is a s*** place out there, it’s not nice. It’s just a dirty, s***** war.’

Marine C told the court martial that around 20 friends had been killed or maimed during the six-month tour, including a popular young officer and a Marine who had previously won a Military Cross for courage under fire. He was blown up while searching a mud-walled compound.

Marine A, a hardened veteran of previous Afghan tours as well as Iraq, said other comrades had suffered ‘life changing’ injuries in the blast and described the effect the deaths had on the commandos.

He said they were not always able to recover the body parts of dead or maimed comrades. ‘It had quite a harsh affect. It’s not a nice thing for the lads.

‘Close friends they have lived with have been killed and parts of their bodies are displayed as a kind of trophy for the world to see.’

Marine B said he had been under attack ‘every single day’ and there had been ten casualties in one 24-hour period.

‘My friend’s legs had been put in a tree, I picked up my mate’s brains. I have no good memories of that tour. My way of coping with that was to put it away in a box at the back of my head.’

Uncertainty haunted daily patrols along routes pitted with booby traps and expertly buried bombs that could be triggered by a footfall.

Ambushes were an all-too-frequent danger. Locals who waved their greeting at one point would become an enemy to be feared the next – it was a common Taliban tactic for an attacker in a field to take a shot at patrols and then hide his weapon, picking up a farm tool instead.

‘Smiled in the back,’ was how one tour veteran termed it.

Some of the insurgents were called ‘ten dollar Taliban’. Marine A explained: ‘You find that fighting-age males would take part in the fighting season when the poppy season comes to an end and they are quite prepared to take ten dollars to fight.’

article-0-1B958D86000005DC-831_634x434.j

Isolated: A British patrol base in the area. The key concerns of the Marines who testified at the trial yesterday were said to be their limited numbers, their lack of air support and overwhelmingly a feeling of isolation

A tipping point came in August 2011, when a popular Marine, James Wright, was badly wounded in an attack in which the Taliban tried to overrun a commando base.

Marines on patrol were horribly outnumbered. After a fierce battle they managed to get back to Kamiabi but the emboldened and reinforced Taliban attacked again and again.

Marine Wright, 23, was hit by a grenade and seriously wounded. The patrol commander called in air support from Apache helicopter gunships and the enemy dispersed. A Chinook helicopter flew Marine Wright to Camp Bastion, but he died.

Colleagues are said to have been furious they had been left so close to being overrun.

article-0-1B9589FA000005DC-847_634x345.j

On patrol: Marine C told the court martial that around 20 friends had been killed or maimed during the six-month tour, including a popular young officer and a Marine who had won a Military Cross for courage under fire

article-0-1B958A35000005DC-511_634x370.j

Dangerous work: Uncertainty haunted daily patrols along routes pitted with booby traps and expertly buried bombs that could be triggered by a footfall. On other occasions, ambush were an all-too-frequent danger

In the following weeks there were more attacks. The key concerns of the Marines were said to be their limited numbers, their lack of air support and overwhelmingly a feeling of isolation.

Marine C said when he left for Afghanistan he was ‘keen for action’ but his attitude altered as the tour progressed. ‘It soon became apparent this was not a game,’ he said. ‘I was drained, very stressed and constantly in fear, really.’

Marine A said humour like that captured on the video clips by fellow Marines – including swearing at the expense of Afghan nationals – could be seen as ‘inappropriate’ to those back in Britain.

‘But when you are facing on a daily basis people trying to kill you, you inject humour as a coping mechanism as otherwise I would say things would be very dark.’

It was against this backdrop of exhaustion, fear and loathing that the murder took place, with the contempt felt by some summed up by Marine A as he shot the fighter and said: ‘Shuffle off this mortal coil, you c***. It’s nothing you wouldn’t do to us.’

hang the b*****ds that try the marine. how are the mod expecting to get people to sign up whenever theyre ready to throw you to the wolves. many millions of great Britons have paid the ultimate price so we can live free, without fear of scumbags like the Taliban Nazis etc what about the rights of their lives? this marine deserves an apology from the government and set free. how can we expect these heros to watch our backs when the country hasn't got theirs. THE TRIAL OF THAT MARINE IS ON A PAR WITH TREASON.

• Like 2

How can the government etc that put our young men and women in this position facing that what paulus put up be fighting for their lives one minute then be compassionate to the people who if they found our troops injured like that and they just shot them it would be by far the best they get is shot more likely I rusty blunt blade to their throat and then expect out troops to be able to switch off seconds after seeing there lives nearly took. If the marine should get done so should the person/s that sent them there

• Like 3

Paulus that explains it perfectly ... The only thing they missed out was the mortar lottery that you played every day ... We were mortared 16 times one day ... I spent more time on my belt buckle than I did on my feet that day ............

Let's just hope that there is some lienency,,spelling.......now when the scentance is hounded out,, don't ya think though this poor fecker was never going to win,,, do you think word from high up to make him guilty, just to show we don't sand for such things in Britain.

Funny though ain't it,,, if it were a coper, he would be not guilty,, cos them feckers pull rank,,

• Like 1

Don't ever make the schoolboy assertion that Pf are on a par with a brf , they are far above and beyond that and bring a lot more to the table than just cutting around Salisbury plain in scimitars,they are big timers and very much an outdated concept but they are by head and shoulders a cut above your regular joe crow in battalion

• Like 1