Times When Your Dog Made You Look Like A Prick

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was a teen me and a mate went with a dog that he'd just bought , two year old 100% or so the bloke said that sold my greenhorn mate it lol. Anyhow try's him on a spot that defo holding the do

Had a young Russel when I was a teenager,In the 70s,, Had a invite off a gang of lads from school, for a days ratting on the river Alt, slept in that Saturday morning when my mother shouted me some la

What's the most embarrassing thing your terrier has done. Mine was a young patterdale dog I had last year he was progressing well although there was times he made a few mistakes but nothing that doesn

i got a call from a farmr in the fells once saying he had watched a fox go to ground and he is stood over the whole and it hasnt come back out, if i get their and get it i can have permission as well as he regular lad, so grab my old black bitch and put her in the pizza box on the old honda cg, put my shotgun in its leg of mutton case across my back and set off 20 mins later ime their i get up to the earth a simple two holer she was straining on the chain all the way up and round the hole as i was putting my gun together. i let her off she sniffed the hole for about 5 seconds then f****d off up the fell for 10 mins! she come back and would not even entertain the hole at all!,,, the farmer just said some f*****g use that was. and walked off

i could have died right their and then! (the dog nearly did)

Id have trusted the dog over a farmer that may have missed a slink away.

even if fox been there ,.....should be enough smell for a dog too enter.......trying to find what isn't there.......

even exspereinced dogs , ........you can tell that one hasn't long gone.......they still run through......especially small place

Dug 10 foot to a dog baying at fresh air, never dug a rabbit with one of my dogs but have with mates dogs, dug to a young dog digging up a tiny tube, lifted him out and two rats jumped out... :icon_redface: , dug a young dog 16 times in his first season, including a few deep/long ones and never put a foot wrong, took him down country for a days digging on invite and he did 5 minutes in a one holer that was about a foot deep and wouldn't re-enter, so tried him at a different earth and same again, had been with the game both times before quitting cold, there's nothing stranger than terriers. :blink:

Dug 10 foot to a dog baying at fresh air, never dug a rabbit with one of my dogs but have with mates dogs, dug to a young dog digging up a tiny tube, lifted him out and two rats jumped out... :icon_redface: , dug a young dog 16 times in his first season, including a few deep/long ones and never put a foot wrong, took him down country for a days digging on invite and he did 5 minutes in a one holer that was about a foot deep and wouldn't re-enter, so tried him at a different earth and same again, had been with the game both times before quitting cold, there's nothing stranger than terriers. :blink:

your right there pal

your right there pal

well maybe women lol

• Like 1

Had a young Russel when I was a teenager,In the 70s,, Had a invite off a gang of lads from school, for a days ratting on the river Alt, slept in that Saturday morning when my mother shouted me some lads were at the door, jumped out of bed through some clobber on, ran down the stairs picking up the dogs lead off the bottom stairs and met the lads at the front door, there was a mix of flea bitten terriers and lurchers, I shouted my dog, the livingroom door opened,As I looked down as my Russel ran past me into the street, It had on a baby grow and a woolly bonnet, My little sister had spent the last hour playing with her?

I can laugh now!!! but at the time???

• Like 4

My dog a few years ago cocked his leg on sum 1 in a wheel chair lol I had to laugh but also gave him a bolloking ha

One of mine does that regularly on the beach, peoples bags, windbreaks, coolbags etc etc etc :laugh:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

we used to use my mates great dane as an alarm clock. we were in high school and at th weekends we used to leave at 7.30am and walk up to the craigantlets to go ferreting, there was this one mate who was never up in time to go and we were always wrapping the door but they never answered, we knew they could hear us, so we used to go round the back and say dutchess BISSSSSSSSST , fcuk me when she barked it would waken the dead, next thing his ma shouts out the window " get in da faken bed ya basstard" then we used to shout up any chance in getting b outa bed. lolol every weekend

hapend to me at the end of last season with a young dog falsed marked at 4 foot baying flat out at bedding was gutted

but on plus side had a hand full of digs so far not put a foot wrong he progresing nicly

keep hunting

Enjoying this thread. Honest good craic....... Buddy was out 3 weeks ago with his young bitch. She was game ball to go and bred out of really good stuff. So there he was in company entering his young bitch. In she went not a bother...... found..... stayed...... lads dug in to her with the game. Nice one you would think? But there she was busy licking the game................. Yes cleaning away........ We think she might be useful as she wont get a mark on her and if we ever want to send a specimen away to a taxidermist they will be already clean!! Handy :icon_eek: A first for us.......

I also had a dog that would would find, stay, and peep for hours...... I mean hours..... You could dig to him but feet from the game silent as a lamb? I actually lost the dog? No idea where he went? I exercise all the dogs in a quiet spot and he disappeared. had seasoned dogs with me which would find if anything about? He just vanished? Probably in a hole peeping..... as he was young I searched day & night for 2 weeks but nothing. Same dog used to be staring into space in the kennels like he was seeing ghost growling at things? He was defo metally deficient nut job......... Then there was his sister another man had that used to paw the game..... no holding or bitting just pawing and making squirming noises?? WTF? Funny old game the terrier game......

3 years back whe i was keepering we were looking for cubs on one spot we had birds and came across a stinker of a earth you know death every where fur bones act track every where,and at the time their was a new head keeper who had never seen my wee black thing work but recond it would be useless as it was soft, his mate was up from camarthen for the week with his two dogs so we got the running dogs ready,8 shot stocked up and one of his terriers in it shot to ground went round and round for about 15 mins and came out it done this twice then he said it maybe cant find.

ok we says try the other so locator on and away she went and same thing happend round and round and back out. so he declares the earth empty and starts packing up, i said give this a try meaning my old bitch, whats the point he says theirs nowt in, so i out her in with no locator on just out of intrest and she went round once then started baying about 15ft away!! so i looked up and said empty eh? no itle be a f***ing rabbit said the new man,ime not digging to a rabbit! so i called her out (she was one you could call out) put the locator on her and sent her back in we got a mark just by a big christmass tree at about 2.5ft a few spades worth and we were their in soft peat lifted the dog who was at like a fork in the tube and their was 2 well grown cubs down one side of the fork so the pistol came out and they were delt with. then the dog went about 6ft down the otherway and the same 2 cubs came out! i was feeling very smug by this time and the dog was getting a lot of praise from the other lads. so we put her in one more time and yup one more cub a bit further down in a stop end! so thats five cubs where the other two dogs thou keen couldent find.

now their was a wee single hole about 20ft from this so i put her in their and in about 10 seconds baying realy ol hard baying! i was thinking its the vixen! we got a mark at 5ft but under a big arse christmass tree! so about a houre later she is still baying that steady gruff slow bark that we all love, i broke thru put the spade in and got her out had a wee peek with the torch and their was a old rabbits nest like a ball of moss and grass fur and leaves and this f***ing was baying for a hour at it! i pulled it out thinking their was maybe a cub behind it but no!

i can only think the cubs had been in their as it stunk of them !

needless to say the head man loved that!!