Any Cross ?

All things considered it surprises me that more folk arent more interested in crosses that are a little less conspicuous with the way the law is in the UK. To me 30" 80lb staghounds arent really a cleaver decision especially if there marked up same goes for the huge bullx you see about imo they just bring uwanted attention to you.

Whilst I totally see your point mate, i'm sure they would be well down the list, especially when you look at the bull blood craze...

And whilst i'm on me soapbox, anyone who wants to spend grands importing a mutt from the US wants their fecking bumps testing IMO, there is blood just as good here, you just need to find it and be as fecking ruthless and honest with it as those boys over there and THAT is the problem with 99% of folk who breed here...

I'd go as far as to bet that if you imported one and bred from it, ALL the resulting litter would go on to produce, because of what they are (der's money in dem der dawgs!!) whether they are good enough or not AND by the third generation they would be no better than anything bred and advertised on Preloved now...!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are folks posting different dogs to what they own..isn't that strange or it just me. I wanted a first cross collie so bought one...I didn't go and buy a whippet and post shite on here saying I wi

That'd have a f***ing horrible accent mate. . . .

First x collie/grey....or something with more collie than greyhound.....do me fine...

Posted Images

we're being pushed more and more into the shadows.........why hide there with a dog that doesn't 'look' like a lurcher

even if all the ingredients are here, even if i / we are honest enough, work them hard enough, cull ruthlessly ......they have over a century start on us

All things considered it surprises me that more folk arent more interested in crosses that are a little less conspicuous with the way the law is in the UK. To me 30" 80lb staghounds arent really a cleaver decision especially if there marked up same goes for the huge bullx you see about imo they just bring uwanted attention to you.

Whilst I totally see your point mate, i'm sure they would be well down the list, especially when you look at the bull blood craze...

And whilst i'm on me soapbox, anyone who wants to spend grands importing a mutt from the US wants their fecking bumps testing IMO, there is blood just as good here, you just need to find it and be as fecking ruthless and honest with it as those boys over there and THAT is the problem with 99% of folk who breed here...

I'd go as far as to bet that if you imported one and bred from it, ALL the resulting litter would go on to produce, because of what they are (der's money in dem der dawgs!!) whether they are good enough or not AND by the third generation they would be no better than anything bred and advertised on Preloved now...!!

post-41061-0-85362700-1379177126.gif

• Like 3

Them staghounds in the States ain't some mythical creature. I bet if coyotes where on our quarry list you'd get a few dogs here that would do them. :yes:

I'm sure that they would, its just would those in the litter that dont all be shot?

So your saying that nobody over here ever culls rubbish then are you? Its not an American thing, selective breeding been going on for years. :yes:
Yes alot do cull here but not in the same percentage as over there. I agree we have very capable dogs here but let's face it with all the shows and rag chasers the percentage of shit bred over here is alot higher then over there. Proof in pudding the deerhound x basically the stag look at our now it getting harder and harder to find genuine working deerhound.
  • Like 1