Lamping Foxes

If thares one thing I learnt over the years good bulls are intelligent extremly agile and versatile! So to say Thay would not manage unless standings not true, unless its a unfit fat hog ow a dog with no drive like a said you win some lose some the dog will soon click on to the best tactic for bagin some ;)

you lamped many with terriers,.......?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope.....but I once ran and killed on with a Siamese cat.....

This'll be fun ;-)

a fecking fox can turn on sixpence even with a fast dog preban theres no garuantes.

If thares one thing I learnt over the years good bulls are intelligent extremly agile and versatile! So to say Thay would not manage unless standings not true, unless its a unfit fat hog ow a dog with no drive like a said you win some lose some the dog will soon click on to the best tactic for bagin some ;)

its more if the fox plays ball with you,? because even standing out at 15-20yds, a fox will make up ground quick when being ran, and a pit would not get up to it/Ive had dogs 5/8 grey 3/8 pit, still loose them, a fox is very agile and twist+turn.If you could get the fox very close say 5-8yds then a pit would kill it,but so would most other dogs,as said (if) the fox plays ball with you .? :yes:

• Like 2

Yea your not wrong a fox will out do a bull at long slips but if you squeek them in close that explosion of the bull of the mark should win a couple in good circumstances,don't get me wrong I am not tryin to say thare the ideal dog for the job just sayin lampin foxes with em certainly a option for a good night out n keepin them from lyin about,also something difrent for the dog to do isn't a bad thing best keep thare mind working imo

thanks whippet 99 for your input , i have a bullx that im starting too this year and will prob make a better fox dog but i was just curious , id like to get bull x off my pit at some stage but there is no point unless he is working something so if he isnt fast enough for lamp , digging will be his last chance e

you seem to have your head screwed on mate but for lamping with the apbt i wouldnt bother youve already said you have a bull x to run this year your going to loose a hell of a lot more than youll catch with the terrier so you will just end up making them lamp shy and schooling them to the whistle ;)

I used to take my American bulldog with me sometimes when I lamped foxes just to give him the exercise and work he's not a bully type bulldog he's very rangey and athletic and he never got near them just sort of followed until the lurchers caught them a lot of the time he got in the way but he loved it and when he did catch up the dispatch was very quick

He would be better suited as an extracter at the end of a dig imo he should have no bother there if he has the heart for it

that would be illegal though :thumbs: