Best Chippy In Britain?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the one in brixham harbour, not sure of the name, but its opposite the kiosks that sell the fishing trips. the fish is massive, batter light and you cant get any fresher fish.

There some nice food and nice love monks haven have to try somethings cooken when I am next down

San telmo in Dorchester Dorset.never had bad portion off them.

therewas an italian one in my town for years.the broadway.wee cafe come chippy. straight out of the 60s american theme. she was a dirty looking bitch,and her husband looked like lurch .they used to spit in the fat to see if it was hot enough.

I do the same with my frying pan...only when the missus isn't looking though and nothing coughed up of course :D

cant get a decent one up here.i just buy a cod fillet and that ruskiline .oven chips bobs your uncle lol ionly buy fish and chips from a chippie when in england.alwats get a decent bit of cod down there.

yeah but nowhere down here does deep fried pizza and cream eggs lol

To be fair if you've never had a deep fried pizza you've never lived... It's f*****g awesome!!

well ive never had one either

cant get a decent one up here.i just buy a cod fillet and that ruskiline .oven chips bobs your uncle lol ionly buy fish and chips from a chippie when in england.alwats get a decent bit of cod down there.

yeah but nowhere down here does deep fried pizza and cream eggs lol
To be fair if you've never had a deep fried pizza you've never lived... It's f*****g awesome!!

well ive never had one either

And I don't think that will surprise anyone.... Lol

When I lived in Birmingham there was one called Bedders on the Coventry Road, won awards. It only opened a few evenings a week. Not had better anywhere, don't know if its still there I moved from there about 20 years ago.

Fin Mccools in Teingmouth is good, capels in Exmouth too..

There was a Caples in Exeter, not sure if its still running, but I don't remember that one you mentions FOD.. The bear??

I had some from Rick Steins place in Padstow... Nice but no better than others and cost more..

The bits of batter with your grub was always called gribbles down here... Mum always asked for gribbles lol..

Edited by NEWKID

chippy in hereford opposite bulmers was allways good, one in leicester just down from the train station couldnt make my mind up fish n chips or haggis n chips so used to get both ,in castleford ,lanes chippy on beancroft rd have won awards,smawthorne chippys good and vickers st chippy less than half a mile between em

Edited by twobob

Gnash, i'd disagree and say I much prefer chippies down your end than up here, the North West is piss poor for decent ones. I love it when mates of mine from SE London come up an go into our chippies and ask what fish it is.. Only to get a proper dumb arse look back from the staff because to them a fish is just a fish, white with batter on it, they ain't got a clue as to what it is... No different types like down your end and boy do I like that variety, love a bit of Rock me... :rolleyes:

The South West, as has been mentioned have some cracking chippies, so to do York's, with batter better than anywhere so, if i have to name one in this area, then The Swan in Southport is my fave... :yes:

I could never understand that Bosun...the first time i experienced that was in the midlands i was seeing a bird up there and the fish and chip van would come round :icon_eek: ......stood in the queue you,d hear " fish and chips please "...........................id think well what f****n fish rock cod plaice skate haddock what ???......You dont go into a pub and say " a pint of beer please "...........strange lot !.........................and as for batter on your chips :blink: what the f**k is that all about !!

cod comes as standard up here if you want owt else you ask for it

Gnash, i'd disagree and say I much prefer chippies down your end than up here, the North West is piss poor for decent ones. I love it when mates of mine from SE London come up an go into our chippies and ask what fish it is.. Only to get a proper dumb arse look back from the staff because to them a fish is just a fish, white with batter on it, they ain't got a clue as to what it is... No different types like down your end and boy do I like that variety, love a bit of Rock me... :rolleyes:

The South West, as has been mentioned have some cracking chippies, so to do York's, with batter better than anywhere so, if i have to name one in this area, then The Swan in Southport is my fave... :yes:

Never understood the love for rock salmon, caught loads of them and to be honest nothing but a pest. I couldn't be arsed having to skin them, getting them off the hook without them trying to take the skin off your wrist is bad enough. Even the name rock salmon doesn't suit them. But I suppose it sounds better for the consumer than asking.... Dog fish and chips love :D