Small Lurchers On Deer Pre Ban !!!!

use to hear back in the days that a coursed killed deer was better eating (as the blood flew out of him with his Adrenalin going before caught and bled) never eating one that was coursed and killled as ours are all stalked,,,,,, :yes: has anybody on here tasted the difference from a shot one and coursed one or is it all a myth?? :laugh:

all tastes the same to me feking lovely lol

• Like 2

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally don't consider a 24/25 inch dog a small dog, I think the frame of the dog matters more in these sizes and most of them are very adequate indeed   I consider a small dog 18/22 with a sma

Whats everyones opinion on a small lurcher to me 25tts is a big dog just curious

its ok for these dogs to catch deer preban but ,.........too define a good small dog they needed to be finished quick aswell............ no point catching them to suffer from clinging to the back leg

Posted Images

only used to keep collie x bitches, around 22-24 tts and expected all of them to take roe, munty, cwd and fallow does. these collie crosses often ended up in quite long runs as they just lacked a bit of top end speed, but usually managed to get the job done. to be fair they would often struggle with a good fallow doe for pure size and weight. fallow bucks were just too strong for dogs of this nature to take regular and i always worried that they would seriously damage the dog. entered right these dogs were game as hell (most dogs get pretty fired up about deer anyway) and would have died trying if i'd let them

Lots of small dog owners have a good story to tell, even I do with 21" light weight bitch I had but realistically the dog needs some weight behind it to do a proper job regular or it will continuously end in tears...

• Like 1

I personally think (pre ban) small dogs on deer is not fair on dog or deer.

Well it certainly wasn`t fair on the deer I`ve seen caught with handy wee dogs lol.

Seen plenty taken with "small dogs" and they aw tasted fine.

• Like 1

you would be amazed to see how far a fallow buck can run with two 70lb dogs hanging off it, and the amount damage that that can be inflicted in that time, and thats after the fist strike has taken it to the ground :thumbs:

I had a collie/grey x 25" and she could handle deer no problem I wish I had her now :yes:

Whats everyones opinion on a small lurcher to me 25tts is a big dog just curious :hmm:
Under 23" is a small lurcher to me :thumbs:
  • Like 2