Big Cats - True Or Not?

Everytime i see these threads it never fails to amaze me the amount of folk who think there are big cats roaming the countryside.

in this day and age and with the amount of folk wandering around,not to mention lads like us who might wander a bit further and at night. no big cats shot,no big cats found dead on the road. even in the hard winters you would think they wander into populated areas to get food.utter bollocks and all we get is far away grainy pics with all the technology we have in cams these days we still get a shitty pics. none have ever been shot by keepers or farmers either. wishfull f*****g thinking is all it is.

when i lived in sweden mate i was living in lynx territory for a while, used to walk for miles and miles in the forests and fields, seen moose,hare,boar,deer...........but never hide nor hare of a lynx!!! there was a good population there as well according to a website on them..........seen badgers an foxes dead on the road but never a lynx.........the swedes were out all the time looking for them to put pics on there site.........and got two pics the whole time i was there lol.........very secretive animals mate.........if they dont want to be seen then they wont imo................like when they were looking for the snow leopard in pakistan..........it took weeks to find one with trackers and locals help........not saying theres a lot out there but to say there isnt a handful just because none have ever been shot is a tad naive imo........... :victory:

Edited by lurcher1

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UFO's and big cats now we're talking.

they do blur them out,they hired paulus

A lot of house cats look like leopards when I'm stood by them.

Posted Images

Everytime i see these threads it never fails to amaze me the amount of folk who think there are big cats roaming the countryside.

in this day and age and with the amount of folk wandering around,not to mention lads like us who might wander a bit further and at night. no big cats shot,no big cats found dead on the road. even in the hard winters you would think they wander into populated areas to get food.utter bollocks and all we get is far away grainy pics with all the technology we have in cams these days we still get a shitty pics. none have ever been shot by keepers or farmers either. wishfull f*****g thinking is all it is.

I had the same opinion mate, the guy I know seen one, it ran through a beating line one day and people seen it and 3 of us in the motor seen it one night, when iv saw it with my own eyes its hard not to believe it.

I had the same opinion mate, the guy I know seen one, it ran through a beating line one day and people seen it and 3 of us in the motor seen it one night, when iv saw it with my own eyes its hard not to believe it.

What did the one you saw look like, do you know what type of big cat it was :thumbs:

watched it on the telly when to blokes brought up a lion cub in London. Now this was in the 70s, and it said on the prog that at the time some cats were let loose in the countryside then .But it did say that most (would of not survived), because to do so sooner or later they would have been seen trying to kill stock, and farmers would have seen them= killed them.And the other thing was said which says it all to me, that nobody ever found a dead cat of the size there supposed to be (puma size) ok foxes or pigs might have had chew on the carcas, but the (pelt) would have been found if had been the the above size, and how come know body ever seen one out lamping in the UK, with the mob phone today it would be easy to take a pic.? NO there aint any till somebody finds a live or dead 'un to proof it . :yes::yes:

• Like 1

its not being naive mate,its been realistic.we would have seen something by now.I watched that programme aswell bird.they bought it from harrods,best bit was when he returned years later and the lion recognised him and came bounding over and jumped up on him licking his face.

its not being naive mate,its been realistic.we would have seen something by now.I watched that programme aswell bird.they bought it from harrods,best bit was when he returned years later and the lion recognised him and came bounding over and jumped up on him licking his face.

yeh that was great to see, just like big old dog playing with him lol, they never forget then do they .?

yeh that was great to see, just like big old dog playing with him lol, they never forget then do they .?

could easily enough went the other way and ripped his head off lol

yea was really good to see that wee film on that lion.

when i lived in sweden mate i was living in lynx territory for a while, used to walk for miles and miles in the forests and fields, seen moose,hare,boar,deer...........but never hide nor hare of a lynx!!! there was a good population there as well according to a website on them..........seen badgers an foxes dead on the road but never a lynx.........the swedes were out all the time looking for them to put pics on there site.........and got two pics the whole time i was there lol.........very secretive animals mate.........if they dont want to be seen then they wont imo................like when they were looking for the snow leopard in pakistan..........it took weeks to find one with trackers and locals help........not saying theres a lot out there but to say there isnt a handful just because none have ever been shot is a tad naive imo........... :victory:
Exactly!!! And how long where you in Sweden, not long? And they managed to get a couple of pictures. There's no big cats in the uk

Exactly!!! And how long where you in Sweden, not long? And they managed to get a couple of pictures. There's no big cats in the uk

9 months and in an area that holds a healthy population they got two pics while actively looking for them.........they were even getting paid for the research!!! i dont think theres a pride of lions mooching about on salisbury plains lol but lynx were well known to be native to our shores anyway.........just because you cant see something dont mean it aint there............ :hmm:

if i seen one mate last thing i would do is post pics of it on the internet etc........theres miles and miles of untouched and inaccessible land in the UK..........its impossible to search every single acre of it to say for a 100% fact there is not a few about....... :thumbs:

I remember seeing a video on youtube a big cat manages to get into an old couples trailer and you can clearly see them shoot it in the vid. Also remember watching something on a kid that had been attacked by one.

That kid was a fraud, mate. It was a set up job. I know some of the background story to it.

You're missing the point of the post mate. It wasn't to determine if there are big cats out there, it is to determine what this bloke is talking about. He hasn't recounted stories of "my mate saw this" and "I reckon this hair is big cat." He has stated as a fact HE has seen them and that the hair "has been confirmed as" whatever he said it was.

Granted he seems a bit odd, but would someone (other than a politician) :laugh: go on a tv program and blatantly lie to the nation and hope not to get sussed out?