Thatcher Dies

we have a bakers shop,my dad is 47 and says she was the best thing that happened to this country.standing up to the miners and she stopped paying them their high wages for doing little,and she helped us buy our council house and helped small buisnesses also stood up to the argentinians

High wages for doing little. Has your old man ever been down a pit. It's not like mixing scones ffs

• Like 12

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If half the politicians now had her backbone this country wouldn't be the cesspit it is.

Boo all you want. R.I.P Margaret Thatcher. The second best P.M this country ever had. (After Churchill.)

High wages for doing little. Has your old man ever been down a pit. It's not like mixing scones ffs

Posted Images

I wonder if we are going to get all these caustic comments when Tony Blair and Gordon Brown die. After all, the only thing they did for this country was allow millions of immigrants asylum seeking scum in. Or is that a good thing?

did you have many pits in surrey

yes he was down the pit for a while,and openly admits they where overpaid,all unions and fancy holidays most people out of the pit could see something had to be done and fair play for her for doing it,he will be having a wee drink tonight for her,

we have a bakers shop,my dad is 47 and says she was the best thing that happened to this country.standing up to the miners and she stopped paying them their high wages for doing little,and she helped us buy our council house and helped small buisnesses also stood up to the argentinians

Yeh, I had to work down the pit for awhile, I just hadn't the strength for baking cakes !

what would you say her accomplishments has prime minister were gnash? .i personally believe she destroyed this country ,she changed the identity of great britain as it were .for ever .

I dont get into debates on subjects i dont know enough about and i really dont have a great knowledge or interest in politics Brookie........my simple point is the fact a grocers daughter reached the very highest level of her profession.............i admire that.

That said,do you think she left the country in a worse state than she found it then ?.......just out of interest like.

gnash i think she destroyed this country and its heritage .i firmly believe the countries like it is now because of what this woman did when she was in power

You didnt answer the question though mate ;)

RIP Mrs Thatcher, i used to hate her when I was at school because thats what all us working class kids had bred into us, vote labour dont argue if you are working class thats it no other choice.

On reflection I now understand that although she made some mistakes she was a very strong leader who benifited people who wanted to get on in life.

I remember the miners strikes (I used to go up town with a bucket collecting money with my school mates to dontae to the miners) but the unions have to accpt a lot of the blame too, they had the country by the short and curlys, in the 70's dozens of power cuts due to unions going on strke the car industry ruined as more days were spent picketing then building cars.

It wont happen too many people are bitter but she should be respected as one of the countrys great leaders IMO

• Like 2

yes he was down the pit for a while,and openly admits they where overpaid,all unions and fancy holidays most people out of the pit could see something had to be done and fair play for her for doing it,he will be having a wee drink tonight for her,

So you mean he couldnt Hack it so got out and now slaggs those that had the Minerals ?

Plenty Folk up here having a drink tonight too lol

OH HE COULD HACK IT BUT JUST COULDNT PUT UP WITH THE UNIONS AND RULES AND ALWAYS HAD AMBITIONS SO STARTED HIS BUISNESS WHICH IS STILL DOING WELL TODAY.

I wonder if we are going to get all these caustic comments when Tony Blair and Gordon Brown die. After all, the only thing they did for this country was allow millions of immigrants asylum seeking scum in. Or is that a good thing?

well tony will get it tight the c**t he is. as for brown nah he was just a patsy

Brown was the one holding the purse strings for the whole period of the Labour govement ....clever man Eh....!!!!....

She closed the ship yards down as well didn't she?

Some of the pit villages up here have never recovered. Shocking really. I'm sure there'd be a lot more employment in the North East and elsewhere if she'd left it alone..

• Like 1

i'm pretty sure it was the tories who started letting in the immigrant workforce from eastern europe, love her or hate her (i have mixed feelings) she had bigger balls than all her successors put together.

She closed the ship yards down as well didn't she?

Some of the pit villages up here have never recovered. Shocking really. I'm sure there'd be a lot more employment in the North East and elsewhere if she'd left it alone..

..and she signed away our fishing grounds to the rest of Europe and opened them up to all and sundry..