Yes the final push in learning how to post pictures came from wanting to know what Canaries i have :D ...... if id felt enough reason to id of learned before that.

Michael you are asking me questions and then telling me the answers !.........Without sounding impolite it really makes no odds to me what you or anyone else would think my reasons for lifting are.....if you think its for " preening the feathers " thats ok........but im not going to bullshit myself and say its something its not.......ive tried competing and i didnt like it......i felt very uncomfortable posing onstage and simply wasnt very good at it as it felt so unnatural to me,i also felt no real need to dehydrate myself,oil up and all the other things contest prep requires..................also ive never been motivated by " a pat on the back "....i dont need a judge to tell me i look better than another man anymore than i need another man to compare abs.... i train for myself.....yes i talk to other lifters and share knowledge and experience whats wrong with that.

Ive taken loads of pictures over the years thats not vanity its simply to compare progress week to week or year to year..............if you built a car from scratch wouldnt you want to take pictures as you build it.............no different !

• Like 2

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought you were gonna threaten to beat me up mate. I am unfit, overweight, wear glasses, suffer from bouts of cowardice & I'm a bleeder.....it would be pretty pointless & you could take no

Its always amused me when folk who know nothing about bodybuilding just presume that anyone who takes it seriously must be " vain " !!............Baw you say " its got to be solely vanity "...........

funny how people slag steroids off yet think its ok to act/fight like a dick on a weekend and and also think that drinking 10 pints on a friday is ok and dosent damage your health.   infact bet half

Posted Images

Personally

If I wasn`t genetically predisopsed to being a skinny twat fighting a small pot belly and man boobs ! and also 20 yrs younger, I would be quite prepared to use whatever means available to reach levels like that.

Gnash, if that is you in that pic, then hats off, Thats impressive as f**k bud.

Thank you for your time gnasher on the subject, we shall agree to disagree somewhat. Somewhat being the operative word.

Michael

Im not in disagreement about anything unless your telling me how my own mind works !..........To be honest i dont really know why im justifying myself for something that doesnt need justification....more fool me !

Personally

If I wasn`t genetically predisopsed to being a skinny twat fighting a small pot belly and man boobs ! and also 20 yrs younger, I would be quite prepared to use whatever means available to reach levels like that.

Its the wife actually ;) ......................cheers,and you never know till you try......Schwarzegger started off looking like a toothpick yet was the most genetically gifted bodybuilder who ever lived in my opinion !

I get your drift Gnash,butCOMPETITIVE bodybuilding is a sport,if I jog 5 mile a day its not a sport,if I run at competitions it is,if you get my meaning,this isn't meant as a slight on anyone who trains at home (free weights are the only thing needed to build mass) ,would much rather train at home if I was to lift again nowadays....far too many weekend warriors in the gym now.On the face of it its quite a strange game,grown men looking at/criticising each others bodies :laugh::icon_redface: oiling each other up :icon_eek: looking at you,looking at me ,looking at you in the mirrors.....yeah hes got massive pecs,but his anterior deltoids are out of proportion and his hamstrings are weak :blink::laugh: and you can barely see his intercostals BEEF! :icon_redface::laugh:

Competetive bodybuilding is for a very tiny percent of lifters...........................is Crufts a dog sport ?...id say no myself but by your reckoning it must be.

You can laugh and mock all you like mate after all said and done a man only has himself to please...............if lifting is not for you thats fine.....but why people feel a need to take the piss i dont understand that,thing ive noticed is they never stand in front of you and say it.......but like i say,human nature is funny like that sometimes.

Wasn't laughing at no one but myself..... :icon_redface:was doing most of the above myself,its a funny thing aswell,have you ever noticed that the better we look the more critical we are of ourselves :blink: used to love the banter in the gym,I think as you say a lot are taking the piss out of something they know nowt about,if they've got nowt interesting to say let em crack on,dont let it upset you,as you said they wont say it to faces only a keyboard.One thing that did piss me off when I was into the bodybuilding,come summer all the lads would be walking round in shorts ,veste etc no bother,only went out in a vest once and the stick of the lads was a nightmare,poser,sted ed,etc etc cant win,stick to your own thing pal and f**k em all :thumbs:

Sorry mate my mistake i got that wrong ;)

Just bugs me when folk stereotype something they know nothing about.......and then moan when the same happens to them ( hunting for example ).

Posers are posers regardless what it is they are posing with could be cars,jewellery,birds.........a poser is a poser...........i wouldnt be seen dead in a vest and shorts in public id look a complete toby ! ........or maybe just a sleek little claret and blue number maybe :D

No worrries mate,its funny most of the comments being made and stereotypes are exactly the same ones were thrown around 20 years ago,sadly the public image of bodybuilding is still the same.What never fails to surprise me is the ignorance of some of the guys actually using gear,Id see lads training a couple of times a week hammering the roids,out on the piss and eating absolute shite .... :blink: Education seems to be the key,people need to learn what works for them ,learn about nutrition and learn about their strengths and weaknesses,instead of training for a few months,weeks even ,and then going straight on the gear to make quick gains,this sort of mind set is why some see roids as cheating,from personal observation these people rarely stay the course (usually packing in sept/oct when the suns gone :angel: )then tell everybody how crap it is or suddenly become injured and have an excuse for turning into a slob(my favourite :whistling: )When I got to the stage I realised gear could be the only way I tried to gain as much information as possible (no internet then :icon_redface: ) I can still remember reading a book called Death in the Locker room :icon_eek: and decided there and then I would never take them....ATB Dave

Thank you for your time gnasher on the subject, we shall agree to disagree somewhat. Somewhat being the operative word.

Michael

Im not in disagreement about anything unless your telling me how my own mind works !..........To be honest i dont really know why im justifying myself for something that doesnt need justification....more fool me !

>Personally

Its the wife actually ;) ......................cheers,and you never know till you try......Schwarzegger started off looking like a toothpick yet was the most genetically gifted bodybuilder who ever lived in my opinion !

Oh I know,, and I`m feking 45 or somit now,, doubt theres time for me yet !! :laugh::laugh:

i would recognise that nose anywhere lol i have met gnash he is as far from vane as can be he says he trains for himself and i believe that his an honest guy that can take the piss out himself if he was vane he would say just like he says his hammers are bloody useless lol you don't need to justify yourself you let yourself down their mate

I can still remember reading a book called Death in the Locker room :icon_eek: and decided there and then I would never take them....ATB Dave

I seem to remember that book though i might be getting it confused with another one......it was a complete pile of sensationalist nonsense if its the one im thinking.................A good read of more recent years is Mick Harts " Tears on a Keyboard "........its worth a read even just for the interest value......and a lot more realistic.

• Like 1

i would recognise that nose anywhere lol i have met gnash he is as far from vane as can be he says he trains for himself and i believe that his an honest guy that can take the piss out himself if he was vane he would say just like he says his hammers are bloody useless lol you don't need to justify yourself you let yourself down their mate

Your probably right mate......im up for a good honest debate about any subject of interest.........but when a stranger whos never met you tries to tell you your own mind it feels just a little bit condescending ( if thats a word,im sure ive heard it somewhere :blink: )

And less of your cheek young man im just off to watch the mighty Hammers batter them Chelsea shhllaaaags....you mark my words ;)

tis obviouse hes not vian ,,nobod tha uglie could be...... :D

• Like 1

tis obviouse hes not vian ,,nobod tha uglie could be...... :D

f**k off you :D ......i only put the picture up incase there happens to be anyone on here putting a boy band together !

• Like 1