(Tenacity ) ?

i would dispute comments on german shephed x greyhound haveing no guts.in the seventies i was out lamping when my gsd x grey 27 inch 85lbs .for some stupid reason he decided he wanted to attack a boar badger couldnt get him off it .the.dog ended up with his nose nearly torn off his face looked like someone had slashed him with a scapel he was a bloody mess .he was very angry and fired up i thought the boar would kill him but it eneded up the other way round.i was very upset and annoyed a boar badger dead and my dog ripped very badly .huge vet bill and could never go in badger areas with him again. a very hard dog took fallow easily caught hares in daylight muntjack in woods in the thickest cover daylight.caught lot of deer in the dark with no lamp needed.people who say gsd x greyhound are soft obviously haveant seen a decent one .his name was spider some where in my memory i heard of is feat spider yes rings a bell . atb bunnys.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe it might match it for tenacity and drive but I bet you'd get a much higher percentage of dogs that threw in the towel when the going got tough.   Herders haven't been bred to take the punishm

The bull/greyhound is an easy dog to keep. Intense in work but laid back in the kennel. A dog with Mali blood in it would be useless to most because of there intensity wich from what I've seen is 24/7

he was 8 weeks old when i got him a dark brindle german shepherd x greyhound 1970 i was15 years old.up to nine months of age he was so slow my brother used to say give him a cartridge.at 11 months he

With any Bull x type, it depends on the bull blood......just because someone chucks any bully type dog in the mix don't mean it will have a bit extra.

There's dogs and there's dogs !.......put the right type of blood in and no herder type dog will match that because they were never bred to do the same thing

JMHO

There's no decent apbt blood left...exported..culled or dumped and time has taken care of the rest...there's some great bull x's about...same for Wheaton,collie.deer hound you name it there's some wonderful dogs...there's an awful lot more bull terrier in malis that anyone really would admit..the knpv boys sorted it....the line my bitch has come from isn't readily available in the UK if at all..iv no interest in breeding mals of thos line,there to full on and who's honestly got true work for them?? Police only want watered down stuff that don't stick in....security...fat diabetic bloke that sleeps a lot and the dog lives in the van all its life....ppd who honestly needs something more than bark and hold???...schutzhund..nothing more than prey drive and good obiedience....

The Yorkshire cup a few years ago...12 of the 18 dogs entered failed the courage test..........im into my lurchers and want something that ticks the boxes for what I'm after..... glad to here that the point as been made of the bull blood in the malli as is the the same as the ausie types plenty bull in em . atb bunnys. woza you have the shropshire county in thy flag i feel we have met if not i bellieve i know where thee aquired the malli bitch a off . may be wrong but its been mentioned to me in a social gathering . atb bunnys.

he was 8 weeks old when i got him a dark brindle german shepherd x greyhound 1970 i was15 years old.up to nine months of age he was so slow my brother used to say give him a cartridge.at 11 months he caught his first chinese water deer .he ended up 27 quarter 85lbs caught over 240 deer by the time he was 5 hundreds of hares.went into the rothschilds woods in the dark with webley mk 3 supertarget gamekeeper was hideing behind a tree with a billy club spider soon let me know he was there .they let there alsatian off big mistake and very big vet bill 85 pounds fine a lot of money then lager was only 14 pence a pint..got done in 76 for poaching deer woburn estate went on holidy for it.came out in 78 dog was nearly 8 yrs old .still caught the odd deer .nearly nine years old went up to ledburn my friend said god thaht dog is useless.it was a windy dark night his words hurt me so deeply because i know that dog in his day was a flying machine .a hare got up the whippet labradorxgreyhound was up behind it with the bullxwhippetx whippet .my freind said look at spider he is useless i dont why why you keep it .i was so depressed sudenlly all was forgiven from the back of the pack came spider he dropped a gear and went past my friends saluki xcollie greyhound and the others like they were standing at a bus stop and tossed the hare over his head

• Like 4

alsatianxgreyhound 1980.10 years old went over to billington put a hare up dog coursed it ragged turned the hare a few times just missed killing it.went past gypsy camp lurchers came out as usaul many times they had ganged up on him and he always gave them a good pasteing.today seemed a bit disintrested .dog lay on his couch lifted his head up looked at me for the last time let out a little whine and fell dead.got very emotional he even coursed a hare on the day he died

• Like 2

With any Bull x type, it depends on the bull blood......just because someone chucks any bully type dog in the mix don't mean it will have a bit extra.

There's dogs and there's dogs !.......put the right type of blood in and no herder type dog will match that because they were never bred to do the same thing

JMHO

There's no decent apbt blood left...exported..culled or dumped and time has taken care of the rest...there's some great bull x's about...same for Wheaton,collie.deer hound you name it there's some wonderful dogs...there's an awful lot more bull terrier in malis that anyone really would admit..the knpv boys sorted it....the line my bitch has come from isn't readily available in the UK if at all..iv no interest in breeding mals of thos line,there to full on and who's honestly got true work for them?? Police only want watered down stuff that don't stick in....security...fat diabetic bloke that sleeps a lot and the dog lives in the van all its life....ppd who honestly needs something more than bark and hold???...schutzhund..nothing more than prey drive and good obiedience....

The Yorkshire cup a few years ago...12 of the 18 dogs entered failed the courage test..........im into my lurchers and want something that ticks the boxes for what I'm after.....

Fair play mate, but I reckon there are still a few decent bits of blood kicking about ;)

Wilf I can't argue with you because I don't know.about the amount of blood in the uk..I loved my apbt's they were from very talented stock and I only had them as pet/gaurds I wish I knew then what I do now and had the ability to train them.......my Mali is having one of them days today and she's bein a bloody nightmare can't ever remember having the amount of days like this with apbt or my gsd's...........there is some very good gsd blood in the UK but who in there right mind would breed lurchers from there quality gsd's when they can get an easy £1000 a pup for a cz bred pup??? as regards gsd's baying and barking they are obviously the wrong type as there are still some hard dogs about....

• Like 1

Just a theory but back then I thought they might of used wolfhound crosses?? Maybe be wrong but I've seen a video of a wolfhound destroying 3 wolfs! Fighting them at the same time

:icon_eek:

dont think it would have killed 3 of these , feckin tiger would struggle :laugh: i think there is wolf in early gsd's .!

colsonwolf105lb.jpg

Just a theory but back then I thought they might of used wolfhound crosses?? Maybe be wrong but I've seen a video of a wolfhound destroying 3 wolfs! Fighting them at the same time

dont think it would have killed 3 of these , feckin tiger would struggle :laugh: i think there is wolf in early gsd's .!

colsonwolf105lb.jpg and there is and as for wolf hound taking thetimber wolf welll he would have been a light snack for the wolf , ha ha ha atb bunnys,

• Like 1

woz birds buck is bred fro a czech bitch and atop grey gives the fellas a chance atb bunnys.

Iv been over and seen birds New pup and he's a cracker...big boned and so so confident..had the deval in him when I played with him.....I have no doubts that ray will put the quary infront of this dog when its old enough and will give an honest apprasal on how it gets on.....I'd be happy for ray to have one of my pups and I don't say that lightly....

• Like 1

colsonwolf105lb.jpg

Haha sorry mate was 2 wolves the video is on YouTube if you type in wolfhound v wolves it's in black and white, shepard sets it on them because they are attacking sheep

what i would believe half of what ys eyes tell thee and even less what ya ears hear. theres lots of wolves in the wworld some no larger than cyotees , large variety of wolf as in birds pic are totally different ansd yes i have seen the anatolian sheperd on utube . atb bunnys.

colsonwolf105lb.jpg

Haha sorry mate was 2 wolves the video is on YouTube if you type in wolfhound v wolves it's in black and white, shepard sets it on them because they are attacking sheep