So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Not really happy with my first bucket of spuds....I only did 5 buckets as well...is there time to stick some more in?

looks fine to me I don't get any more and mine are in the ground

Not really happy with my first bucket of spuds....I only did 5 buckets as well...is there time to stick some more in?

looks fine to me I don't get any more and mine are in the ground

Ah fair enough....I'd put 3 seed potatoes in the bucket so expected more really.

looks to be about 5:1 to me ,cant be that bad surely ! when we planted our first spuds i was a bit dissapointed but some years are better than others and depends on what there fed on ! we do most of ours in the beds and just do a couple in bags started in the GH for a few early season and that varies year to year , just enjoy them

• Like 1

This patches of strawberries is all green so far. Been chopping runners off but the main patch is more fruit

35070486292_2866b8356c_c.jpg

I put some netting over the main ones as the old birds been helping them selves bit too much

35070502562_7566294af2_c.jpg

broccoli looking good lets hope it stays that way

35070489412_929481c032_c.jpg

was worried i lost a lot of parsnips to slugs when they were small but they have come good. Only done two rows I grow way to many as a rule

34427165553_47daca1ed2_c.jpg

the old comfrey for me toms. Shame I left it there still running. Just hope it don't rain or fall over :laugh:

34427169813_de83276d83_c.jpg

I was thinking of you today dido. I had some spuds that looked the part or though calendar wise they just hadn't been in long enough. I scrapped around one to have a nose and found a spud the size of an egg. Thought great and got the fork and dug up two plants and got one spud off each :laugh:

35070564952_5b4cdda5a9_c.jpg

Edited by terryd
  • Like 6

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turnip and a puntet of strawberrys

New pots beet root red onion turnip and pigeon for tea

IMG_3930_zpsrxw69nby.jpg

Had some help from the wife too !! IMG_3928_zpslorulg5i.jpg

• Like 9