So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

20160227_124643_zps3bwds5lg.jpg

I'm gonna give these are trying this year as raised beds. Not the nicest looking things but neither is next doors knackered fence so I'm not arsed. There's a load of onions in the right hand side but I've not decided what to do in the left yet.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Made a start and did a bit of digging today. Bit too wet still but wanted to get nibbling away at it other wise I will suddenly have two plots to sort all of a sudden. Rounded up escaping strawberry runners and put in a nice row.

Will try some carrot in pots this year in the yard as I all ways struggle to get them going on the plots either through poor germination and drying out or the slugs nip them all off

Bit more digging this morning before the rain comes

25245625101_046fa717ac_c.jpg

few onions I popped in last year. Yet to grow a decent onion and not expecting that to change any time soon :D

25245569591_6b13528114_c.jpg

I like garlic all ways does well

25220332842_420f224378_c.jpg

timing wrong on the broad beans but nothing lost really

25338682005_eefd8b775d_c.jpg

yacon tubers cost me 3.50 off ebay last year for about an inch of root. Done well but not over much flavour too it but then it is compared to a water chestnut

25245511651_267f7647f8_c.jpg

rounding up the strawberries

25220442342_54776ddcf6_c.jpg

peed off dog that would much rather be ferreting

25338643285_6a04eb3a5b_c.jpg

but got to enjoy a bit of sun

25220366102_5c14c60ee9_c.jpg

25338559445_5011a55132_c.jpg

• Like 2

Still too wet on my plots I keep attempting to dig but its just not right yet. I learnt the other year not to mess about when its wet just sets like concrete.

I never considered drainage when I picked my 2 plots and got both at the bottom of hill. Swings and roundabouts I guess because in the dry it holds moisture

Anyway home for a roll and some of last years beets pickled they are just right now and the vinegar has mellowed nice

25724494055_8e7fbfb8a5_c.jpg