So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

yea I wouldn't mind getting some peas in the mice must be really hungry by now :laugh:

ive started some in the greenhouse this year to hopefully help with the little fury fekkers :diablo: ,they decimated me last year ! they still managed to dig 3 up in the gh ,then i went on a moose hunt :laugh: 2 nill to the big white hunter

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

You might think me a bit of a hill Billy, but, most things don't like diesel. Strange but true, if you can bear doing it, a very small trail around your plot will deter most things including the dreaded slugs and snails, and of course the mice. They don't live on your ground unless you are a real idiot. Don't tell your neighbour. He can have all of yours

i read a while back about soaking peas in parrafin before sowing ! does it work and do they still germinate ok?

yes thats what I did last year just popped them in it for 15 seconds and sowed heavy they were fine then I also dotted the odd rag around with it on.

• Like 1

Had a good go today. After all the tilling it was time to plant. The ground, however, is still very cold. Anyway, 3 rows earlies, Arran Pilot, all ridged, beds ready for cabbage and cauli, and all in all looking aok.

• Like 3

And so it goes on. Another row of spuds, full row of peas, all sticked up and the ground ready for everything else. Getting my 200 Kelsie plants end of the week and had a good go in the greenhouse with seeds. After last years failures there are a number of things I'm not even having a go with. Only so many kicks you can take.

• Like 1

And so it goes on. Another row of spuds, full row of peas, all sticked up and the ground ready for everything else. Getting my 200 Kelsie plants end of the week and had a good go in the greenhouse with seeds. After last years failures there are a number of things I'm not even having a go with. Only so many kicks you can take.

200 kelsae ! do you show them jok ?ive got 24 potted on here ready to put out whenever and the remnants still in the modules just in case ,im just growing to eat them ourselves !

Sorry. I just read your pm properly. Pity about the wet ground which really holds you back, but, to be honest, you can walk on our ground in your slippers without much fear of getting mucky. I hit it again with the 'new' rotovator getting a patch ready for runner beans and of course the onions. One of my neighbours was so impressed that he has asked me to do his plot in the morning. I'll put a pic up when all the prep has been done. Thing is I don't have a lot of time now as the marquee season gets going with a bang at the end of April and then the garden has to take second fiddle.

• Like 1