So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

dug the bulk of both mine with the spade just need it to dry so i can rotavate. I did rotavate a bit then it just set like concrete so need to wait. My old mate hasn't touched his yet just dug over and he won't touch it until the soil is right then when he does I will guarantee his stuff will over take every one else's

• Like 1

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

Eh up son. Well I hit another section of mine with the rotovator and was well impressed with the result. The Kelsie are about ready so got everything sorted. Thinking about a sheath or cover this year. Anything to stop whatever fly wants a go. I watched a fellow gardener the other day hammering tubes into his ground. Apparently for his leeks? Never seen that other than at home when we grew for exhibition and that was 4inch tubes. Was given some celery plants and don't know what to do with them.

Talk about dejavu. Went in the pub last night and a guy is giving away 100 ft of 4 inch plastic pipe. Needless to say it's now up the allotment. You can get anything if you go to the pub

very cold yesterday and walking the dog in a snow shower in the morning. But I think today spring has landed proper now and no going back.

Up The plot this afternoon plant out some broadbeans

25873632823_513ff604b3_c.jpg

and hopefully do a bit of rotavating

broad beans planted out

26395917192_4e31f990be_c.jpg

26488216495_b39a2b1c47_c.jpg

spuds peeping through a couple been nipped by frost so earthed them up

25883348824_90cc85b9b9_c.jpg

the old digger was struggling lots of smoke and threatening to stall sound like not enough juice. Bought the air filter back for a wash for starters as it is all oiled up

25885421403_2dcb180cf0_c.jpg

• Like 2

I'm having a go with plants this year (parsnip) the plugs are about 40mm and healthy. First time. Also put in 5 celery plants which a friend gave me. Haven't a clue other than to ridge them to blanch the stems. Now't ventured now't gained. Another first for me, bought some fleece which I've put over the carrot seed drills to hopefully stop the fly. Onion plants coming this week.