Badger Cull Cancelled?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read the BBC report this morning. Are we really suprised? Same story every few years.   FFS just stick them on the general licence with a specific cull season and min caliber and let the farmers a

dont think yous are looking at the bigger picture... or maybe looking past the main point... looks to me like some BIG PHARMA company stepped in with a lot of money and just so happened to have a VACC

well dont know many farmers that want them on there ground,? they will still get thinned out 1 way or other

Well Lads I'd say that's 100% proof I'f ever we needed it, that there no f*****g chance of the ban being ditched. I for one never considered it to be, but some optimistic lads did.

I'm afraid the antis and bunny huggers carry more weight than we do, and more importantly thought more of by them that govern us .

Edited by scothunter

dont think yous are looking at the bigger picture... or maybe looking past the main point... looks to me like some BIG PHARMA company stepped in with a lot of money and just so happened to have a VACCINE .... it would be laughable if it wasnt so serious.... now our beefs going to be pumped full of even more shite for humans to consume, while the old boy in the suit gets to wreak havoc in the countryside, with his TB spreading.....

This is more proof that society is turning into completly dumbed down nation of zombies, who are ready to take the word of any lacky in a suit while anyone with any reason or logic seems to be getting criticized or locked up....

• Like 5

dont think yous are looking at the bigger picture... or maybe looking past the main point... looks to me like some BIG PHARMA company stepped in with a lot of money and just so happened to have a VACCINE .... it would be laughable if it wasnt so serious.... now our beefs going to be pumped full of even more shite for humans to consume, while the old boy in the suit gets to wreak havoc in the countryside, with his TB spreading.....

This is more proof that society is turning into completly dumbed down nation of zombies, who are ready to take the word of any lacky in a suit while anyone with any reason or logic seems to be getting criticized or locked up....

they cant vaccinate the cattle , its for the wildlife , so that inits self is problematic . untill they invent a vaccine that can be administered orally

• Like 1

We're being governed by people who have NEVER felt grass beneath their feet, they're all pen pushers and suits with a loud voice. Why didn't they ask someone who works in the countryside how many badgers there are? Not rely on scientists or "experts" for the same thing. Just carry on with your own business

We're being governed by people who have NEVER felt grass beneath their feet, they're all pen pushers and suits with a loud voice. Why didn't they ask someone who works in the countryside how many badgers there are? Not rely on scientists or "experts" for the same thing. Just carry on with your own business

I've listened to a few debates on this and expert opinion is that culling is likely to spread the disease because breaking up family groups of badgers will only spread the TB further afield

I'm not persuaded that culling will eradicate the problem.Statistics given from previous times suggests not.

every farmer i know wants rid of them,they pass tb,roll all the crops down,eat the bees that pollunate the fruit.

also another topic i just read that otters are eating 3 pounds of fish a day.killing all the record fish,wiping out small carp lakes,grayling are suffering ,with them and the poles there wont be a f....k fish left.

Well Lads I'd say that's 100% proof I'f ever we needed it, that there no f*****g chance of the ban being ditched. I for one never considered it to be, but some optimistic lads did.

I'm afraid the antis and bunny huggers carry more weight than we do, and more importantly thought more of by them that govern us .

more weight than who this cull is not being carried out for are amusement or for any other reason than the badger carries tb no terrier or any other cannie will EVER take part in any cull , the black n white god has been given special treatment once again but it has nothing to do with any input from are fraternity ,
  • Like 1

No I meant what was the reason they did a u turn ? I thought it was the antis who had a hand in that, reason I mentioned the ban was cause it was the Tories who said they would re debate it. They can't even organise a cull without changing thier minds( or others changing it for them).

its defras fault once again they carried out surveys over the last 5 years , then they sent out tender docs to a select few now it gets good :whistling:

based on surveys carried out years ago local farmers etc set up companys to carry out the cull having won the tender they have to carry it out to the contract terms and conditions no more money etc , the green lights were given and away the went 70% of the populations were to be culled and desposed of , now it gets even better on carrying out their first culls the contractors were finding massive explosions in the badger populations :icon_eek: reporting back to defra with there findings and the increases defra run to there paymasters who said no more wonga so we now have a stale mate till the next budget becomes availabile but farmers will still have to pts any reacters etc and who foots the bill :whistling:

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 1

I expected nothing less.

This from the Gov`t that provided the facility to issue licenses to kill Buzzards,, and failed to issue a singe one !!! over 4 yrs now,, and no licenses issued anywhere, so the chances of badgers being shot was nil.