• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This "socialize your pit bull and it'll be fine with other dogs" thing that's been going around has really got to stop. It makes every soccer mom think they can/should rescue one, and that's exactly w

Standard pattys as you call them have faced things much heavier than twenty pound coons,and it was done in the dark by himself.I would consider that a much greater test for a dog rather than four or f

IMO there are only 2 reasons that someone would hold a camera closely to a terrier that's in bad condition. 1. your in the vetinary buisiness and will use the photos in lectures etc. 2. your new to

Posted Images

Patxpit!???? Why why why would any one in the uk or Ireland find a use for one of these? If anyone one on our shores uses these they either haven't found or don't have the access to the right type of pat, imo.

I have to agree mate .I went through a stressy time with the early Wheeler stuff and would not want that again.This whole thread seems to be based on macho dogs not fit for purpose .Every pat type has bull in it from the dawn of its creation so why add more just because you can .
  • Like 3

Thank you FD, if I wanted a dog to fight I would buy a pure. A working terrier (not a above ground dog) is a lot more than that and a terrier that wants to JUST fight below ground is not a proper digging dog. Any creature that will not give up and will take what ever is given to it deserves respect but a terrier below ground that does this is not a valuable member of any terriermans team!! But if you in the game for matchoness and "my dogs harder than yours" is welcome to them.

Thank you FD, if I wanted a dog to fight I would buy a pure. A working terrier (not a above ground dog) is a lot more than that and a terrier that wants to JUST fight below ground is not a proper digging dog. Any creature that will not give up and will take what ever is given to it deserves respect but a terrier below ground that does this is not a valuable member of any terriermans team!! But if you in the game for matchoness and "my dogs harder than yours" is welcome to them.

So your saying that if a terrier is not geting its own way below ground and taking a bit of stick it should back of and let the quarry either move or bolt,where as a terrier that will take what is dished out and get the job done is not a proper diging dog,i know which dog i would choose and there is nothing macho about it,its called gameness and staying ability not spewing on the job.For instance,say your 6ft down and 1ft to go which is the critical point of the dig as thats when the quarry will start to put the presure on and it starts to push towards the dog,well does the terrier stand its ground and take whats given to it as the quarry trys to push by or does it let the quarry push it and settle at 6-7ft in a different part of the earth for a repeat performance?

• Like 3

Fat man I take it your a lover of the bull blooded terriers? Im not saying that at all im sure you know what im getting across? In my mind a patterdale should be like a boxer, control the fight, give an inch when needed (not a mile), roll with the punches and only let mayhem fly when pushed to the extreme(charged) or when the bell is 10 secs of ringing (a couple of inches away with the spade) this will save energy and flesh. :boxing::victory:

Zerky,1st terrier i owned was a bullxrussell for the simple reason thats what was mainly about me at the time,40year ago and they were good honest working terriers.Back then it was staffx not pit and very seldom were they aggresive or too big for work.I have at the minute a staffxpatt 6 year old and a very good diging dog,1 of the smallest terriers i kennell.I have seen some black terriers down through the years and to say they were big would be an understatement,for quarry to get past them it would have to go through them and i have seen some of these big fell type terriers bred with pittbulls and the resulting pups were of little use as they were massive.I like a terrier with a bit of fire in it that can take and give when needs must.

I hear you Fat man, and if it works there isn't any bull blood in the last 30 for you then :notworthy: With the terriers I see and mine week in week out in the last 30 years plus there has ben know added blood, it works for us. Imo if you can establish a line with no added bull blood then that is a patterdale, a black/choco terrier with added bull isn't a pat is a bull x. JMHO. wish every one the best with what they have. p.s. I was in Ireland last weekend and had a great time, next time im over maybe we could meet up and maybe just maybe you could show me your xs. :victory:

Edited by Zerky

I hear you Fat man, and if it works there isn't any bull blood in the last 30 for you then :notworthy: With the terriers I see and mine week in week out in the last 30 years plus there has ben know added blood, it works for us. Imo if you can establish a line with no added bull blood then that is a patterdale, a black/choco terrier with added bull isn't a pat is a bull x. JMHO. wish every one the best with what they have. p.s. I was in Ireland last weekend and had a great time, next time im over maybe we could meet up and maybe just maybe you could show me your xs. :victory:

Only have the 1 bullx Zerky and he works very well for me,if i could have 10 more like him id keep them but both the sire n dam are now gone so thats where it ends.I also have a few black terriers about me that are very well bred and have no bull in there blood and they also do a good job for me,i aint the type that needs to know the ins and outs of every terrier i keep or whether this blood or that blood is in its make up,if it does the job i require and works to the standard i want then that will satisfy me,ps,what end of our little country were you in,glad you enjoyed your stay,had lads over some years back a few times and they always had a good time.

• Like 2

Down South, we flew over. Don't want to say to much because the lad the im friendly with over there keeps him self to him self, hes on here and im sure he will add more info if he like.

Edited by Zerky

My dad always had a diesel car when i was growing up and my uncles, I've only ever had diesels, my brother is the same.

There's no need for petrol cars.

People shouldn't use petrol cars there's no need for them, I can't see the reason for them, or turbos!

Why can't we all just be the same?

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...