• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This "socialize your pit bull and it'll be fine with other dogs" thing that's been going around has really got to stop. It makes every soccer mom think they can/should rescue one, and that's exactly w

Standard pattys as you call them have faced things much heavier than twenty pound coons,and it was done in the dark by himself.I would consider that a much greater test for a dog rather than four or f

IMO there are only 2 reasons that someone would hold a camera closely to a terrier that's in bad condition. 1. your in the vetinary buisiness and will use the photos in lectures etc. 2. your new to

Posted Images

Haha no suprise there

Those sound like some beasts liamdelaney. Some dog that could hang with one of those bad boys! I imagine you could use a pretty big dog on quarry that size???

Big dogs cannot get to ground(useless)just a standard little old dog.Ye have great hunting over there American hunters and the best of luck to ye,just be carefull what ye import from over here.Some of the people exporting to the States(not all)a lot of digging men over here would not touch them with a barge pole.
  • Like 3

Haha no suprise there

Those sound like some beasts liamdelaney. Some dog that could hang with one of those bad boys! I imagine you could use a pretty big dog on quarry that size???

Big dogs cannot get to ground(useless)just a standard little old dog.Ye have great hunting over there American hunters and the best of luck to ye,just be carefull what ye import from over here.Some of the people exporting to the States(not all)a lot of digging men over here would not touch them with a barge pole.

Same can be said about some of the women being imported.

• Like 2

Haha good one! I still don't get why a guy had to use a 15 lb dog on a 50 lb badger. Does a 50 lb badger not have a large earth??? Surely if a 50-60 lb badger can get around underground a dog in the low 20's could too??? I think if I had 50 lb badgers here I'd use bull X terriers like a "pitter pat" or my bull russell. I think it's super badass that there are little terriers up for the job, but aren't they a bit under gunned? I would have thought the bull and terrier crosses were better suited for that work. I have zero experience with badgers, I'm just curious about the history of the cross.

Of what I've seen upto now bull x terriers try and fight it rather than work it and seem to take unesaseiry hits than a terrier what works the quarry smartley I perfere a dog what will work rather than fight,, more digs a season, a less marked up dog less money spent on vets less chance of losing him, and a longer life,, all with the same ending dig the dog dispatch the quarry, for me its a no brainer but evrybodys diffrent that's why there's so much beef on this site lol

And I don't think a coons in the same leuage as a badger even if it was 20lb heavier badgers are bad arse kaw and to be treated with respect off man and dog dogs with no respect end up with no faces and that's not true terrier work in my opinion

:yes: :yes:

And I don't think a coons in the same leuage as a badger even if it was 20lb heavier badgers are bad arse kaw and to be treated with respect off man and dog dogs with no respect end up with no faces and that's not true terrier work in my opinion

is this statement based on fact or something you read?