You think the quarry jacked because it stopped working the dog?

It's not a match. The dog should be working without quitting, not the other way around.

i think means the dog had the quarry under control after a while. Most soon stop charging forward when the find out the dog aint budging.
  • Like 2

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This "socialize your pit bull and it'll be fine with other dogs" thing that's been going around has really got to stop. It makes every soccer mom think they can/should rescue one, and that's exactly w

Standard pattys as you call them have faced things much heavier than twenty pound coons,and it was done in the dark by himself.I would consider that a much greater test for a dog rather than four or f

IMO there are only 2 reasons that someone would hold a camera closely to a terrier that's in bad condition. 1. your in the vetinary buisiness and will use the photos in lectures etc. 2. your new to

Posted Images

I'm saying he should consider the dog quite.

Why isn't the dog baying or working? I'd be very unhappy with a dog sitting underground silently staring at it's quarry and doing nothing.

why, sounds like its working clever conserving itself when it can. If its staying for 5hr plus its doing its job isnt it?
  • Like 1

Many people say that they add bull for drive, but do you not think its more for size. From personal experience most terriers ive had have enough drive but lack that physical substance to do the job comfortably. What bull tends to have best results staff or pit. Id imagine the pit x would produce some pups that are too big

Ye mate the dog quit cold proper coward lol the dog had worked very very hard and took quiet abit of stick and my opinion is that he had bossed the quarry into submission the dogs not much of a Bayer to begin preferred to hold but how long can you honestly expect a dog to mix with a quarry what's a lot stronger than him self cos were not talking 30 minute digs If the dogs got the quarry in the stop and it will not let it pass him it weather he's baying or not or holding or not he's doing his job and a dog what can do 23456 hours while you dig 1 hole with educated game is a decent dog in my book and not a quitter seen a cuple dogs after good amounts of time to ground lose ther bay and are knackered and pushed to ther limits but won't let the quarry pass ther not machines

• Like 10

Ye mate the dog quit cold proper coward lol the dog had worked very very hard and took quiet abit of stick and my opinion is that he had bossed the quarry into submission the dogs not much of a Bayer to begin preferred to hold but how long can you honestly expect a dog to mix with a quarry what's a lot stronger than him self cos were not talking 30 minute digs If the dogs got the quarry in the stop and it will not let it pass him it weather he's baying or not or holding or not he's doing his job and a dog what can do 23456 hours while you dig 1 hole with educated game is a decent dog in my book and not a quitter seen a cuple dogs after good amounts of time to ground lose ther bay and are knackered and pushed to ther limits but won't let the quarry pass ther not machines

Yep as long as it doesn't let its quarry past it then it's doing its job just fine, it's all very well having a really hard dog but you better have a replacement ready because it's career will be short lived.

• Like 1

For me that'd be a serious fault.

I keep bull blooded dogs and accept that being mute is a fault prevalent in the cross and by that I mean mute when not holding its quarry. I certainly wouldn't breed from a dog like that and have not bred off dogs with that fault despite having many very good digs to them, because I was getting as good digging to dogs that had one extra gear when the hours ticked along. They'd do all they could but could bay for a few hours too and change gears again if the pressure came on late in a dig close to breaking through.

Before electronics were the most important part of terrier work. The terrier above would be described as "Peeping" where I'm from.

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 2

I understand the extra gere part if the quarry's giving its final charge at break threw witch is usually the case but but this quarry was not pushing back atall and looked to have submitted by the time I had broke threw so no extra gere was needed and I have no doubt in my mind if that quarry whuld of pushed back the dog whuld of handled it accordingly

• Like 1