english bull terrier pics

A decent working terrier chooses to do combat under the sod,too the death, against an opponent sometimes 4/5 times its weight/size,no space, limited oxygen etc ...when dogs are matched their the same weight as the opponent?...the terrier does it and relies on its owner to get down to it... Can sometimes take DAYS.....if a pitbulls getting bettered by his opponent...the owner throws in the towel and saves it INSTANTLY...Its a no brainer  imo... I would bet,that a terrierman with a kennel full of workers will lose more dogs  doing their job in a 12 month,than a man that matches his dogs? To claim that only pitbulls are 'Game' is a Tad silly IMO 👍

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A decent working terrier chooses to do combat under the sod,too the death, against an opponent sometimes 4/5 times its weight/size,no space, limited oxygen etc ...when dogs are matched their the same

I’m looking forward to this seeing this little chap working if he does work… he’s only about 6 months and fingers crossed he stays the size he is. 

this question has been done to death 100 times on here, and as for the "a long time since the bull was anything but a show dog"... hinks created it for the show ring! athletic LOOKS do not mean the

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

I wish I was articulate enough to add to this thread, being thick is a curse sometimes

Theres Not an animal on this planet that compares to a working terrier under the sod for bravery/gameness,call it what you want... I've a terrier bitch here now,keeps picking fights with my wheaton bull bitch..put 30 plus staples into the dopey cnut last night,3 tubes of drycow cream,after the big dog drilled it like a fox smashing it around my yard...big dog stopped,little dog straight back into it...no fear,next time if no ones there,its brown bread⚰️ brave? Silly? Or Gameness?IMG-20240509-WA0013.jpg.3b8509298a80b0922a6844bab1c16093.jpgIMG-20240509-WA0011.jpg.adac320cc4cc45faa032542d2fa3d6d0.jpg

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Theres Not an animal on this planet that compares to a working terrier under the sod for bravery/gameness,call it what you want... I've a terrier bitch here now,keeps picking fights with my wheaton bull bitch..put 30 plus staples into the dopey cnut last night,3 tubes of drycow cream,after the big dog drilled it like a fox smashing it around my yard...big dog stopped,little dog straight back into it...no fear,next time if no ones there,its brown bread⚰️ brave? Silly? Or Gameness?IMG-20240509-WA0013.jpg.3b8509298a80b0922a6844bab1c16093.jpgIMG-20240509-WA0011.jpg.adac320cc4cc45faa032542d2fa3d6d0.jpg

I call it Heart

• Like 1
On 10/05/2024 at 11:53, Daniel cain said:

That’s terriers for ya they are cnuts when they start or take a disliking to another dog.

• Like 1
On 10/05/2024 at 07:11, Daniel cain said:

A decent working terrier chooses to do combat under the sod,too the death, against an opponent sometimes 4/5 times its weight/size,no space, limited oxygen etc ...when dogs are matched their the same weight as the opponent?...the terrier does it and relies on its owner to get down to it... Can sometimes take DAYS.....if a pitbulls getting bettered by his opponent...the owner throws in the towel and saves it INSTANTLY...Its a no brainer  imo... I would bet,that a terrierman with a kennel full of workers will lose more dogs  doing their job in a 12 month,than a man that matches his dogs? To claim that only pitbulls are 'Game' is a Tad silly IMO 👍

We are talking about completely different levels of what isnt even really the same trait.....i have every respect for a gutsy little terrier doing what he is bred to do it must take a tough durable and determined little dog to stick in when the going gets tough below ground...........but to compare it to dog matching is the mistake in comparing hunting to fighting........hunting by its very nature is NOT fair,but a fight by its very nature MUST be fair.

I think a lot of people think they do but dont truly understand what a real deep level of gameness actually is or even looks like.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

We are talking about completely different levels of what isnt even really the same trait.....i have every respect for a gutsy little terrier doing what he is bred to do it must take a tough durable and determined little dog to stick in when the going gets tough below ground...........but to compare it to dog matching is the mistake in comparing hunting to fighting........hunting by its very nature is NOT fair,but a fight by its very nature MUST be fair.

I think a lot of people think they do but dont truly understand what a real deep level of gameness actually is or even looks like.

I base my opinions on what Ive seen with my own eyes,I grew up around   heads involved in the pits in the 80/90's,I never personally got the whole fighting dogs thing,found most involved in it a tad strange tbh,but each to their own.Ive seen enough pure bulls,presa,bandogs,ebts that couldn't do, what a decent lurcher can do around a hole,week in,week out, consistently ....could kill other dogs for fun,but not brave enough to travel a tube and draw something out a 1/3 of its size and kill it quickly....a working terrier is not evenly matched to its opponent,like a pitdog... That dog can be saved by its owner at anytime he sees fit,dont have that luxury when a dogs to ground...they dont know how far away you are from them...those little dogs will die trying  to push on...thats as brave/game as it gets in my eyes..what animal travels into another animals lair,to fight to the death...and not even eat it???

Few yrs back,I could give a pure bulldog more graft on a sunday afternoons digging in mid wales to test it...and I'm confident, that it would end up as backfill before the month was out..most cant even do a season  up the forest of dean on the boar from what I've witnessed 👍IMG-20171015-WA0006.jpg.f562bf4a591d752c264bcaab3858e0ef.jpg

• Like 5
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

hunting by its very nature is NOT fair,but a fight by its very nature MUST be fair

In badger hunting, the advantage is on the side of the badger. The badger is in its territory, it is much stronger than the dog and can easily maim or kill it. And the dog can't do it. He is well protected from the dog. A badger can lower a dog's nose lobe by a decent degree with one blow of his teeth. It can tear off a lip, a jaw, tear it with claws. Therefore, the bravest dogs do not live long on such hunts. If terriers don't have game, then the English bulldog who fought the bull didn't have it either.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Victor_84 said:

In badger hunting, the advantage is on the side of the badger. The badger is in its territory, it is much stronger than the dog and can easily maim or kill it. And the dog can't do it. He is well protected from the dog. A badger can lower a dog's nose lobe by a decent degree with one blow of his teeth. It can tear off a lip, a jaw, tear it with claws. Therefore, the bravest dogs do not live long on such hunts. If terriers don't have game, then the English bulldog who fought the bull didn't have it either.

Very well put Victor....The Badger IMO is the only true test for a working terrier 👍STC_0027.JPG.bbf51640eb8bcdb7527035072c7f725f.JPGSTC_0025.JPG.a51b214b9b182d277d64a19aafacf3d4.JPG

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

.most cant even do a season  up the forest of dean on the boar from what I've witnessed 👍

My mrs who hunted pigs as a job never liked using pitbulls, they caught pigs but were more interested in fighting the boars than working them which is not good. They are too game for hunting dangerous stuff and it's why they use English Bull blooded mostly over here. I also think most working terriers are too game for pig catching, though a lot of pig hunters have a Russell in the pack for the blackberries.

• Like 3
On 10/05/2024 at 07:11, Daniel cain said:

what size are your dogs , if they are 4/5 times smaller than a badger , terriers really only get in to grips when they sense the digging , a lot of time the are sounding , pit bulls , they have a top weight , so dogs are same size , are in contact with each other till its over which could be 30 mins or 5 hours , a badger don't want to be hunted and does every thing to get away , terriers are game for what they do , its a different type of gameness Pit bulls need,

Edited by Carlovian
  • Like 1