english bull terrier pics

13 minutes ago, dai dogs said:

if you have a breed of dog that is willing to die for what it wants to do it’s Game it doesn’t have to be a bulldog 

I have a little dog here that will chase a ball until his lungs will literally burst....does that make him game ? of course it doesnt......you're just not getting it mate but to be fair most people who havent witnessed it dont.

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m looking forward to this seeing this little chap working if he does work… he’s only about 6 months and fingers crossed he stays the size he is. 

this question has been done to death 100 times on here, and as for the "a long time since the bull was anything but a show dog"... hinks created it for the show ring! athletic LOOKS do not mean the

This old girl was game has any bull dog 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

And how does that in any way relate to a dog with a few scratches on its nose or a Jack Russell getting smashed about ?

An Apbt taken to the point of no return doesnt succumb to broken bones or cuts and bruises he succumbs to a combination of dehydration/exhaustion ie depleted salts/potassium etc ultimately its hypovolemic shock that pushes him through deaths door.....he doesnt get to that stage without being an extremely fit animal in the first place.

The " gameness " you are referring to is the equivalent to being ironed out in a pub fight and wanting more.

Any breed of dog that’s willing to die in a battle even when the odds are against it is classed as game am I correct or is it only bulldogs that are untitled to the phrase Game 

9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I have a little dog here that will chase a ball until his lungs will literally burst....does that make him game ? of course it doesnt......you're just not getting it mate but to be fair most people who havent witnessed it dont.

No that means your little dog is having fun 👍Iv witnessed it mate you are not getting what I’m saying the term Game is not for bulldogs only 

33 minutes ago, dai dogs said:

I never said my EBT tackled an opponent half it’s size on an end of a dig What I’m getting at is the term GAME if you have a breed of dog that is willing to die for what it wants to do it’s Game it doesn’t have to be a bulldog 

people with Lassie collies call them game , men who did stuff with bulldogs , would have a different idea to what is a game dog compared to to owners of other breeds

12 minutes ago, Carlovian said:

people with Lassie collies call them game , men who did stuff with bulldogs , would have a different idea to what is a game dog compared to to owners of other breeds

I agree if them lassie dogs are willing to die in a battle I would call them game 

3 hours ago, dai dogs said:

Is the term Game only acceptable when referring to the bulldog ?

If you read my post you'd see that's not what I'm saying. I have kept and worked (a long time ago) both bulldogs and terriers. I've had more than a couple of terriers that were very upfront, gave their quarry no quarter, and would stay all day til dug to if required, and yes, I would call them game at the job required of them. But, I would never claim them to be "as game as any bulldog" because the levels of gameness required, as stated in my post, are as different as night and day! I don't think anyone who has been around, owned/worked bulldogs at their original sport would see it any different...I think we could go around in circles all day, you were/are happy with your dogs achievements, and at the end of the day that's all that matters. As before, just M.H.O...

Yokel 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, dai dogs said:

Any breed of dog that’s willing to die in a battle even when the odds are against it is classed as game am I correct or is it only bulldogs that are untitled to the phrase Game 

A Robin will fight to the death.i wouldn't class a song bird as game.

On 17/04/2024 at 18:20, dai dogs said:

No that means your little dog is having fun 👍Iv witnessed it mate you are not getting what I’m saying the term Game is not for bulldogs only 

So what you are saying is my little dog chasing a ball until he dies isnt game because he is enjoying himself ....you are starting to confuse yourself mate !

If you think a dog who dies during or after battle isnt having fun then again,you have no real understanding of the word.

An old saying i like about gameness is " a truly game dog always thinks he is winning ".

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
On 17/04/2024 at 18:16, dai dogs said:

You've had it explained to you mate and you're not having it......you can lead a horse to water and all that.

Once you can grasp the difference between " instincts " and " traits " you will be halfway to understanding gameness.

Edited by gnasher16