LABRADOR GREYHOUND ANYONE HAVE THIS CROSS

new a ladfrom carlisle [cumbria] a long time ago who kept this cross but im sure it was3quarters grey 1/4 lab big strong dog that loved teeth and bambi he came up here a few times and took a few fallow so i think its a bit of an over=looked cross

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Met a Drakeshead bred bitch at our local feed store the other day, with her dam. The moment I saw the bitch I saw 'lurcher'. Sharp as a razor, lightly built and with that sort of questing intelligence

I have a lab dog that imo would be perfect for producing lurchers..... His drive is second to none he tracks when out with the rifle works in the beating line picks up marks and kills rats and has bee

I know, what you say is true. Bess is a much loved pet. We had always intended on letting her have pups with another labrador and thats why we had yet to have had her done. She was only 2 in December

Posted Images

hi to all any one on here running a labrador greyhound or have owned one ive seen a couple myself and spoken to a guy who owned one really rated it i attended a friends farm yesterday and he has the most fantastic lab lean and leggy well bred too got my mind thinking pics and expierences with this x welcome thanks

I suspect the 1st x would be too slow, never seen a 3/4 x

mines really quick off the mark for a 1 x ideal for rabbitts

A fella round my has one, 3/4 bred big powerful thing with speed to spare (What youd expect from a 3/4 bred tho), Got a great mouth/strike very nautal retrevier soft mouth live to hand everytime till its time to be hard mouthed would take everything, And too be fair has a decent bit of wind for what he is, Obedient as they come, Thing could jump a 6ft fence with out thinking about it

Dog must be 27/28tts and it is honestly the most agile big dog on rabbits iv ever seen makes them look that easy at times and turns on a six pence, He would of made a hell of a deer dog before the ban.

ONLY fault iv seen with the dog is he will stalk rabbits if they sit tight, He'll run up the beam perfect but if they stay in the seat he'll go into a stalk and pause waiting for it to move before he'll strike........

I had two with a fair bit of black lab in them.

The dog was very handy , the bitch was somthing special.

Fur feather retreived off water.very good nose,bushed like spaniels.

Never actually trained them just took them out and it came natural.

Seemed to me that they had this inbuilt longing to please

Not the fastest dogs ive had but for mooching they were quality.

• Like 2

A fella round my has one, 3/4 bred big powerful thing with speed to spare (What youd expect from a 3/4 bred tho), Got a great mouth/strike very nautal retrevier soft mouth live to hand everytime till its time to be hard mouthed would take everything, And too be fair has a decent bit of wind for what he is, Obedient as they come, Thing could jump a 6ft fence with out thinking about it

Dog must be 27/28tts and it is honestly the most agile big dog on rabbits iv ever seen makes them look that easy at times and turns on a six pence, He would of made a hell of a deer dog before the ban.

ONLY fault iv seen with the dog is he will stalk rabbits if they sit tight, He'll run up the beam perfect but if they stay in the seat he'll go into a stalk and pause waiting for it to move before he'll strike........

this sounds great how old is this dog and what sort of area are you from i allways like to hear about good dogs

My mate had a labxgreyxalasationxgrey good 10yrs ago if not longer she was a good all rounder soft mouthed on rabbits & hare but hard as nails on foxes & take them with ease on lamp & would draw them in day!!!she's the only 1 I have seen work with lab blood in her & she was a good worker atb cbx