best all round lurcher?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's either a yaper or it isn't simple as that 

Mate had a little red merle coll/whip/grey would give a yip if he didn't have the first slip on the lamp when you first got in the field lol, other than that only time I've know dogs yap on the lamp i

nothing to big , something  old Bryn size  25in 60lb    , like said wanted  a pit x grey x collie x grey  12-14 years ago , but not many being bred that way back then, it was either straight  pit x gr

Posted Images

post-66347-0-96320200-1316634123.jpeg

post-66347-0-40153900-1316634745.jpg

The new pup, collie x greyhound. Mother collie x greyhound x collie geyhound whippet. Father first x collie greyhound

Lovely pup he is, only 8 week and towers rest of litter, Merled in colour with blue eyes and im well happy with him and we pick him up in a day or so when the house is puppy proof

• Like 1

good cross mate! you will have some fun with that cross an it will serve you well :yes: hope you all the best with him/her you dont need bull blood to be a allrounder but i like the ways alot of people think you do to retrieve the odd shot fox an deer but it allways puts a smile on my face :D

so have i kittle a big hole dug in the ground hope to never own or see a merle to many bad memories of the lies and puppy farmers ,thta plummer etc wrote about them never had one again , but therel be some good ones

I,m pretty sure colour had nowt to do with it mate :hmm:

• Like 1

the only thing with bedlington is the yapping its a commom facter in the breed ,do a search oh here and will see what i mean ,you will find hundreds of treads about this ,imo stay away from a beddy type dog

How many Beddy types have you actualy worked or seen working that yapped, or are you just going off what you have heard.

Cheers.

• Like 1

read the siily book merle ,and hanckock books about them ,builds them up to be great dogs bred better in my back yard frm real working dogs ,and didnt have to [bANNED TEXT] abook about them to sell a pup , they were alrute the merles but no great shakes realy saw better home bred stuff by far

saw four beddie crosses three yapped one didnt had them running allsorts the only one silent was a guy from newcastle he was related to the tams , he had a beddie cross lurcher to a collie lurcher good bitch just head strong but caut a hare that day

so have i kittle a big hole dug in the ground hope to never own or see a merle to many bad memories of the lies and puppy farmers ,thta plummer etc wrote about them never had one again , but therel be some good ones

its like saying a brindle staffi's temperment is different to a all black staffy. its the colour thats different