best all round lurcher?

hi everyone ive just joined the forum. im just starting to get into field sports and currently have a ex racing greyhound and a terrier. i dont work either of them as the greyhound is 7 years old now and id hate for anything to happen to him. im looking to get a lurcher and also start working my staffi x jack russel as she is very very keen. i will mostly be going out rabbiting day and night, so im just wanting some advise on the best lurcher for the job, theres a lot of bull x greyhound pups for sale near me but i think there a bit to head strong for what i need?? please any help would be great. Thanks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's either a yaper or it isn't simple as that 

Mate had a little red merle coll/whip/grey would give a yip if he didn't have the first slip on the lamp when you first got in the field lol, other than that only time I've know dogs yap on the lamp i

nothing to big , something  old Bryn size  25in 60lb    , like said wanted  a pit x grey x collie x grey  12-14 years ago , but not many being bred that way back then, it was either straight  pit x gr

Posted Images

hi everyone ive just joined the forum. im just starting to get into field sports and currently have a ex racing greyhound and a terrier. i dont work either of them as the greyhound is 7 years old now and id hate for anything to happen to him. im looking to get a lurcher and also start working my staffi x jack russel as she is very very keen. i will mostly be going out rabbiting day and night, so im just wanting some advise on the best lurcher for the job, theres a lot of bull x greyhound pups for sale near me but i think there a bit to head strong for what i need?? please any help would be great. Thanks

get a lurcher to lurcher bred dog, from proven parents that will tackle any quary. As if you never know what you what you might bump into apart from rabbits :thumbs:

• Like 1

get a lurcher to lurcher bred dog, from proven parents that will tackle any quary. As if you never know what you what you might bump into apart from rabbits :thumbs:

good advice there, be prepared for minced up rabbits if your going to use the terrier though, good sport all the same.

thanks for the advice been looking at collie x . mother is 1/4 bull 3/4 grey father is 1/4 collie 3/4 grey. both working parents. great looking white and black pups. i am attracted to the collie x because of there intelligence and quick learning abilities.

Thats a good cross mate ! ;)

Bedlington/whippet x greyhound... Or collie/grey x beddlington/grey.. Wont go far wrong with a dog with bedlington and grey in it's makeup, excellent rabbit dogs, and not scared of getting nipped from stuff with teeth.. But this is just MY opinion, and everyone has one, it all cones down to personal experience tbh, and the crosses I provided are from my personal experience. ATB with your search. HD