gypsy horse killed whippet

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just because it ain,t your type of dog you,d be happy for the horse to kick it, you are a cxnt

Mate i aint having a dig at you here but instead of wasting time yelling at a bunch of pikeys and getting more time wasted by the gavvers why the f**k werent you driving like a nutter straight to a ve

if thats the case go kick there f*****g heads in instead of venting your shite to members on here dont f*****g bother them just us on a hunting forum!

sorry about your dog, my dog was kicked by a horse couple weeks back.I was walking past the thing giving a good 10ft gap, and it just lunged and kicked my dog into the edge.My dog is 25in 60lb, if it had been smaller i think it could have killed it (read my post).For those who say hose dont kick out for no reason, its bullshit :thumbdown: , they are dangerous animal and you can never trust them, i would trust any apbt 100 times more, than any horse. :yes:

totally agree i have a permission of about 900 acres and two of the fields have anywhere between 200/300 horses that are sent for horse meat. anyway i was walking my dog on there and we came across a small group of horses which all but one ran down the hill away from us except for one that must of charged my dog from about 100 meters away and no my dog was not chasing about the field he was next to my side luckly he wasnt on the lead and got away from the horse after a few more attempts from the horse to kick my dog and charge him. they have permission to be there as well as me so if the worst happened i could have no complaints. but if like you said they were not meant to be there i would be the same wether they were travellers or not someone would pay. what do you think would happen if a dog ran into a horse field and killed or injuried a horse do you think they would say never mind sh*t happens, would they hell. the reason why some of you are saying leave it you will lose is because they stick together and stand up for themselves and thats fair enough but then other folk should stick together and stand up and not just look for the easy life, bend over and take it up the arse. you do what you got to do mate and fair play to you and if you lose out then you go back and then back again. thats the trouble with people in this counrty to many people are conditioned to not complain, dont upset anyone, dont step out of line. fair play to you mate do what you got to do good luck and dont get caught. and im very sorry for your loss.

first of all the dog was stock broke and has been around horses and all kind of stock with no problems he wasnt chasing about he just ran through a gap in the hedge where the horse was tethered and as soon as he did was kicked instantly. police wouldnt give me a lift and wouldnt call a vet out. police were called as now this is reported and logged if it happens again to mine or someone elses dogs they will be liable for criminal proceedings as they have taken no action to prevent it when they know the horse is dangerous. we didnt know the horse was there and it could just as easily have been myself going through the gap and getting kicked in the head. just another case of people who dont have the facilities to keep the horses thinkin they can just use someone elses land and then cant accept the consequences when something goes wrong. If my dog went mental on land i wasnt supposed to be and started chasing sheep or cattle or horses it would be shot and rightly so! if i do anything to that horse im up on cruelty charges do anything to the owner im up on criminal charges. but theres more than one way to skin a cat!

good man :thumbs: do what you got to do mate

Didn't realise there was do many grasses on this site!! Report it got not having passport ! Phone the police!! Wouldn't think this was a working dog forum for working class lads, what's all this keep running to tel tale shit??

• Like 1

Sometimes these things happen. I've lost a lurcher before that ran into a grass harrow the farmer left in a field. I didn't take a gas axe to the harrow, a lighter to the field and turn over the farmer for 'killing me dog' :laugh:

Just move on from it and let sleeping dogs lie. Pardon the pun.

FTB

our horse killed a mates terrier once we have 6 dogs so horse was used to them but the dog just went too close and she just hit out with her leg..thats what horses do they dont always mean to kill..they do it even when flys are bothering them...my mum bent down once in stable and had glasses kicked off her face!..sorry bout your dog though :cry: ..as for the gypsys i wouldnt bother with them some are ok but if they werent decent enough to apologise i wouldnt bother. when i lived in ireland they were all over had one lad try to run my dogs down with his horse and me pregnant waddling after them ..i went to him screaming and shouting that id drag him of his horse ect etc...and to be fair lad was always ok with me after that but i was nervous after u never know ..knew toommany people had run ins with them that didnt turn out well..

just have to put it all down to experience...

Sorry about your dog,but as the saying goes shit happens.Lunita are you trying to give ireland a bad name.

oh no i miss ireland like mad... :cry: ..but where i lived was alot of problems with dog theft and that from gypsys..i even had one of the limerick drug gangs at bottom of my street ..lol....but no id never give ireland a bad name ..love it :yes: ..my daughters classe as irish ..lol

first of all the dog was stock broke and has been around horses and all kind of stock with no problems he wasnt chasing about he just ran through a gap in the hedge where the horse was tethered and as soon as he did was kicked instantly. police wouldnt give me a lift and wouldnt call a vet out. police were called as now this is reported and logged if it happens again to mine or someone elses dogs they will be liable for criminal proceedings as they have taken no action to prevent it when they know the horse is dangerous. we didnt know the horse was there and it could just as easily have been myself going through the gap and getting kicked in the head. just another case of people who dont have the facilities to keep the horses thinkin they can just use someone elses land and then cant accept the consequences when something goes wrong. If my dog went mental on land i wasnt supposed to be and started chasing sheep or cattle or horses it would be shot and rightly so! if i do anything to that horse im up on cruelty charges do anything to the owner im up on criminal charges. but theres more than one way to skin a cat!

fair enough I suppose, personally though I'd see getting the dog to the vets as more of an urgent matter than making sure they were possibly liable for criminal proceedings should it happen again. Even though the horse shouldn't have been in the field, I would have though that pretty much any horse would kick a dog if the dog burst through a hedge right next to it, it's just a natural reaction for them.

PS. you do sound like an internet hardman to be honest, and the bottom line is if something bad happened to those people or that horse now (which is suspect it won't do), then you've just made it quite obvious to hundreds of people (some of which will probably be antis/police etc.) who was be responsible for it.....good move :thumbs:

The horse didnt even think about it could have been anything in a horses mind they spook fairly easily and its lashed out and your dog got caught in the crossfire hardly anyones fault really mine are stock broken but they keep a respectable distance for this very reason seen a few dogs kicked badly not killed but a serious bill at the vets

such are the joys of working dogs .Everytime you slip your dog or your dog goes through a hedge ,who knows what can happen.But informing thousands of people on an open forum that your going to get your pound of flesh is not a good idea.The saying ,il huff and il puff kinda comes comes to mind though .Ps im genuinely sorry that dog had to suffer like he did