• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that will be 100% fact FTB

He only took them ducks for the QUACK neil.

Just out of intrest how are irish badgers different in their habits than British ones?

gripton used short legged russel type terriers bolting terriers , barry wade would be the man to ask

he was round in the glory days. i went to see the border otter hounds in 74 but never seen an otter , , remember the otter was not hunted

to near extinction it was poisoned to near extintion the otter hound packs stopped hunting them long before a ban

when they relised the plight of this creature , there in every county of the uk , a great number are road kill

every year seen them around telford all over wales scotland ,

Edited by gonetoearth

I dug one once by mistake was sure it was a badger.Dug it with a hard as nails Lakeland bitch who killed foxes with ease she could take punishment from badgers and stand her ground.But when I broke thru she came out and would not go back in, first and only time she walked out.She gave a long time in sick bay.

Guest dee mac

I dug one once by mistake was sure it was a badger.Dug it with a hard as nails Lakeland bitch who killed foxes with ease she could take punishment from badgers and stand her ground.But when I broke thru she came out and would not go back in, first and only time she walked out.She gave a long time in sick bay.

a local lad laim about 16 or 17 years ago entered his very good bull x rusell dog in an earth along a small river now he was a hardish dog that got into his work early and with gusto but by sounds below was getting his fill so too say after a short while the lad heard a splash and as quick the dog appeared out minus an ear and looking like he d got wrong side of a ninja lad never seen what made the splash but id hazard a guess at our friend the otter

Were the wound's like a fox or a badger Liam? i.e on top or underneath? There's an old bitch up our way my mate used to have that had scars on the middle of her back from an Otter. :o

a local lad laim about 16 or 17 years ago entered his very good bull x rusell dog in an earth along a small river now he was a hardish dog that got into his work early and with gusto but by sounds below was getting his fill so too say after a short while the lad heard a splash and as quick the dog appeared out minus an ear and looking like he d got wrong side of a ninja lad never seen what made the splash but id hazard a guess at our friend the otter

My bitch you would think somebody was at her with a razor even her hind quarters were cut like a razor.

When we dug that one years back we had a staffxwheaton that would face any animal.We lifted the terrier that day and let the strong dog have a look.He went straight too it and it hit him like a ton of bricks,it was the first time i had ever seen that dog hesitant on his game.He took it out and finished the job but they are one hard animal.They are as strong as the badger and as fast as the fox so quite a combination and opponent for any dog.This was all pre ban,and that same otter is mounted in a glass case in a pub in the midlands to this day and i still call in from time to time just to have a look at him,seems such a long time ago.

When we dug that one years back we had a staffxwheaton that would face any animal.We lifted the terrier that day and let the strong dog have a look.He went straight too it and it hit him like a ton of bricks,it was the first time i had ever seen that dog hesitant on his game.He took it out and finished the job but they are one hard animal.They are as strong as the badger and as fast as the fox so quite a combination and opponent for any dog.This was all pre ban,and that same otter is mounted in a glass case in a pub in the midlands to this day and i still call in from time to time just to have a look at him,seems such a long time ago.

If I had him in my local the more pissed I got I would be telling everybody I killed him with my bare hands and then killed his daddy for good measure.

Its funny liam the man that had him stuffed and mounted is dead and buried a good few year now and the pub has changed hands a good few times since but the otter remains on a shelf over looking the bar,i have often overheard people say what a lovely creature it is and how could antbody kill such a lovely animal,make you feel guilty if one had a consionce.I just smile to myself and remember auld spot the bullxrussell we dug him with.