venison lurchers.

pre ban type question so lets not worry about that 1

ok if you where to breed a litter of consistant venison lurchers , i mean that being 90% of what there catching what would use .

id like your thoughts on hights and builds of animals that have or would excell at this . including a pair of bitches that could work togeather.

but there not for rabbits etc

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not being funny, but surely anyone who's done enough lambing, especially bigger stuff, but even rabbits, will have had a dog catch out of the beam plenty of times. Granted, most bunny in flat fields w

There was deer & then there was DEER..90% of lurchers were capable of the smaller varieties yet only 10% would of been capable of the bigger types,single handed of course I'm talking here..All hyp

Rutting fallow,lot of power in these things,just been watching a fight that went on for 3 minutes from a distance of 10 feet sometimes.    

Posted Images

ok if you where to breed a litter of consistant venison lurchers , i mean that being 90% of what there catching what would use .

id like your thoughts on hights and builds of animals that have or would excell at this . including a pair of bitches that could work togeather.

Why a pair, why not single?

• Like 3

Why a pair, why not single?

Coz that's impossible everyone knows only Plummers can catch venison single handed :whistling: :whistling:

• Like 3

It is just a myth that dogs are capable of catching deer ...rabbits and hares yes but no dog could catch deer

That is almost the divvy quote of the year :toast:

I think there was more than a hint of sarcasm in moo's post. If you were breeding a dog for deer then i would of always run it single handed to reduce damage to the meat, and rather than get hung up on a particular cross i'd buy a pup from proven deer catching parents.....

• Like 3