black ferrets

Not black selfs but pretty dark.

intryga.jpg

img_2378.jpg

Lovely looking . Proper little chaps .Could easily pass them off as young wildies . Do you expect them to lighten-up in the under fur and facial department as they grow older ? you can sort of see the mask there and what lovely long sleek tails .Bottom one loks like he's wearing brylcream .

thats the darkest poley ive seen nice ferret mate :thumbs:

yes nice ferrets but dont you think the mask helps give charector to each of them and hels you know who is who, as if they were all totally black at a glance it be harder to tell who is who just like albinos.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well you have a sambo & honky dont you anyway :laugh:

Well, here is my my two penn'eth   I have kept ferrets for 30 years and have had all sorts including pure wild cage caught polecats. I have seen many dark animals but none darker that Romany's above

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

you lot know f**k all about ferrets if you think blacks don't exist

Got any pix? :D

:whistling:

dunno why by something tells me he wont have any

It comes close to an apology, but alas the ferret in you pic has pink lips, so my quest will have to carry on for an all black creature :D

Everytime I ask to see a pic of a black ferret, I get blanked, wonder why :whistling:

I'm afraid stealthy you may have to appologise to "Kevin from Bristol " (come on down ). Not only has Romany come pretty close but I've unearthed an historical document that indicates that in the past at least black ferrets did exist ..

I found it secreted in my mother's drawers with her old Wembley Lions speedway programmespost-13773-081279600 1277161572_thumb.jpg

and three bottles of absinthe!.

The ferret in you pic comes close to a black ferret, but alas, your ferret has pink lips, so my apology will have to wait unitl another day :D

I have 2 pure polecat hob kits realy mussley to touch and theyl nip you hard if not handled alot from young they take more time than a ferret would handleing wise.

Some of them act different to ferrets stay in the dark compartement of a hutch away from people but these i have arnt like that atall.

Then theres the jills there 1st crosses ones darker than the other but have a very faint mask slowly apearing.

A good mate of mine has a 1st cross mink he brought off some bloke its realy dark smaller than most ferrets and it works well but a strong thing and it does kill.

I own a jill that he gave me last year which is the minkx grandaughter its basicly the same as a silver mitt ferret just slightly smaller very tame you wouldnt know the difference.

Its not a good idea to cross a mink with a ferret imo as there is a chance from the mink thats here in uk that they have allutians disease that they can carry with out being affected for some time i belive but it would wipe out your ferrets.

I know this is an old post. I would like to say that I own 3/4 wild polecat hob and he is as tame as any ferret i have owned. I also have a 3/4 wild jill that is totally different in temperment from the hob she very shy and resents handling. Goes to show all animals are different.

just wondered if any one has had black ferrets ? ive got 3 what appear to be pure black ferrets dont have masks there only kits but time will tell just wondered if anyone has heard of this

black ferrets have b een around for a good while,the first ones i ever seen were at rufford game fair lancs in 1991, and i can assure you they were the closest thing to mink ive ever seen, the lad who had them was from wales,somebody mentioned that they were similar to the wild welsh polecats, always regretted never getting one as the lad was selling kits at the time,thanks for starting an intresting topic.

i wonder if the grand was claimed for a pure black ferret :whistling:

i've never heard of mink x ferret and to be honest i understand each animal is different but i'm more then happy with my fezzers so why look any further, but thats just me..

some very stunning pics of the really dark ferrets i must say,, any more?

all the very best lurcher lass xxx

Iv seen a couple on the Internet near enough pure black they sed they were european ferrets? Part wild apperantly but I don't no wer they got a wild ferret from :s lol

They meant European Polecat, which is just a wild polecat.

i wonder if the grand was claimed for a pure black ferret :whistling:

i've never heard of mink x ferret and to be honest i understand each animal is different but i'm more then happy with my fezzers so why look any further, but thats just me..

some very stunning pics of the really dark ferrets i must say,, any more?

all the very best lurcher lass xxx

Polecat x Mink = Khonorik - popular in russia/eastern europe.