alsatian x greyhound

5 hours ago, Penda said:

This is a pup my mates just got it dam was an alsation greyhound Wheaton grey hound type back to a big coursing saluki grey type lurcher 

IMG-20181123-WA0009.jpg

nice pup, but not much gsd in it , prob less than 2/8s    just lurcherx lurcher  which make good dogs , normally  from tested dogs. thats the prob with lot of breeds in a x , you never really know what come through in mind and body, but pup should be ok if the parents  have done a bit.  with gsdxs    a 1/4 gsd x 3/4 grey make good fast type  x , but for a tough knock about  type lamping dog and mooching  dog, i reckon the 1x are the best , Buck my big dog ticked all the boxes for me in 6 years, a good dog.

• Like 1

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he no legend Ron lol,  there prob loads out there as good or better mate . All i ever wanted from a dog was one that  had  decent  brain, good feet/ coat good stamina , and fair pace, and bit more gri

Coursing sire malli bitch dam atb Bill 

Considering putting a long dog over my bitch in a year or 2. She works all game aswell as the man 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, bird said:

nice pup, but not much gsd in it , prob less than 2/8s    just lurcherx lurcher  which make good dogs , normally  from tested dogs. thats the prob with lot of breeds in a x , you never really know what come through in mind and body, but pup should be ok if the parents  have done a bit.  with gsdxs    a 1/4 gsd x 3/4 grey make good fast type  x , but for a tough knock about  type lamping dog and mooching  dog, i reckon the 1x are the best , Buck my big dog ticked all the boxes for me in 6 years, a good dog.

Good honest opinion Ray  but I'll  say this I really do believe another. Ingredient maybey two will get a better jukel all round. It's how I see it based on several a good few alsation greys over a long period seen em with a few other breeds added and they don't lose any ability ,but in most cases improve .it depends what ones trying to achieve from breeding on ,and fixing in the xs pain threshold I hold in high esteem I believe you may do ,the mallinois out shine alsation types fa this trait that's a fact more so in a xs bred jukel so bits a terrier and desert dawg will improve the alsation xs and the rest of the base breds purity in a type keeps em clean through but that at times stops the improvement atb bill

43 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Is Rays dog buck bit of an exception? Ive seen him in flesh lovely dog very agile & quick for his size & superb temperament. Atb

Think he is a bit of an exception, it’s the only dog rays owned and not had something bad to say about it ?

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Dinosaurs said:

Is Rays dog buck bit of an exception? Ive seen him in flesh lovely dog very agile & quick for his size & superb temperament. Atb

Rays jukel no different than lots of f1alsation greys thing his not that many f1in uk to compare simple fact mostly generation bred and I only know of a small handful of them now they just not common or should I say popular . I believe this there's nothing wrong with holding ones jukel in high esteem if yas that way given not all are like that ,but like the alsAtion xs those folk that see the negatives  before  pluses can work to rectify possible undesirable traits  the alsation xs his like let's say a collie type the xs  are all very similiar in the traits more so with a f1 which makes sence. Having an opinion of a xs ain't the same of having an opinion of a xs on the whole especially with the different fractions three quarters etc.and so on the way ta change and improve his by adding another breed type that's just plain common sence and has stud the test of time with all working animals dogs horses etc.i believe this an opinion based n a xs of a single jukel his futile  only when he produces if he can produce will we know more about Buck.atb bill

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chid said:

Think he is a bit of an exception, it’s the only dog rays owned and not had something bad to say about it ?

when ever I watch Friday night dinner....and the neighbour jim is getting dragged round by Wilson the alsation....I always think of ray...:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, bird said:

Nah it is a lurcher to lurcher type mate I just know where it's come from he's had shepherd xs for a long time and has had some good stuff in his kennels your dog looks a strong dog 

• Like 1

My bitch is no world beater like I've said she's intelligent agile and robust she chased somethin through a wood other day must of hit a tree came back to started moaning on her side I'm thinking it's game over she's gotta go the vets I checked her legs feet etc no sign of damage  I got her to her feet and she had a bit of a slow sluggish walk back to where I wanted to get her next think she's snapped out of it and she's back off running round like a nut case hunting up

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

when ever I watch Friday night dinner....and the neighbour jim is getting dragged round by Wilson the alsation....I always think of ray...:laugh:

There's one thing tomo he a strong fecker that Buck poor Ray has a work out with him ya good laugh though .atb bill

18 minutes ago, Penda said:

My bitch is no world beater like I've said she's intelligent agile and robust she chased somethin through a wood other day must of hit a tree came back to started moaning on her side I'm thinking it's game over she's gotta go the vets I checked her legs feet etc no sign of damage  I got her to her feet and she had a bit of a slow sluggish walk back to where I wanted to get her next think she's snapped out of it and she's back off running round like a nut case hunting up

She sounds a good type ta have about pend shrugged it off one a positive traits of the xs built ta last take a knock atb bill

• Like 1

Intelligence been mentioned a time or two in the thread who rates intelligence in there jukel los a modern keepers don't care for it ,myself I do want ta teach the jukel pretty much has the animal can absorb work experience comes in the field experience follows in taking it game or quarry I like to send a jukel out work a wood left right single direction training all useful when stalking stuff .general working loose day and night control stopping a jukel in its tracks when game afoot swimming etc all thesecdisciplines can be trained in a alsation collie or herder and some terriers  ,it was a common practise yrs gone by  I know hunting has changed but has it  it may be that styles have changed ta suit the breeds of jukels that are mostly kept young guns different era bish bash bosh. Million miles an hour in everything in life faster pace of times . a alsation will feed a family the xs will feed an estate full of folk in flesh  it's how and what yas happy with in your jukel there are far better fast lamping coney jukels that will big numbers  than alsation types they are specialst types jukels much in the same way has the collie cur  but lots more jukel and a different temp slighter harder temp very very loyal .certain type of handlers are best suited the alsation xs because a good generation type can out think and speed of thought than any man fact so it takes the righ type ta get the full ability of a good un .they should not be just a greyhound with a coat  strength and  good feet . They are far more than that. They are a fantastic breed and xs atb bill

• Like 1
1 hour ago, billhardy said:

Intelligence been mentioned a time or two in the thread who rates intelligence in there jukel los a modern keepers don't care for it ,myself I do want ta teach the jukel pretty much has the animal can absorb work experience comes in the field experience follows in taking it game or quarry I like to send a jukel out work a wood left right single direction training all useful when stalking stuff .general working loose day and night control stopping a jukel in its tracks when game afoot swimming etc all thesecdisciplines can be trained in a alsation collie or herder and some terriers  ,it was a common practise yrs gone by  I know hunting has changed but has it  it may be that styles have changed ta suit the breeds of jukels that are mostly kept young guns different era bish bash bosh. Million miles an hour in everything in life faster pace of times . a alsation will feed a family the xs will feed an estate full of folk in flesh  it's how and what yas happy with in your jukel there are far better fast lamping coney jukels that will big numbers  than alsation types they are specialst types jukels much in the same way has the collie cur  but lots more jukel and a different temp slighter harder temp very very loyal .certain type of handlers are best suited the alsation xs because a good generation type can out think and speed of thought than any man fact so it takes the righ type ta get the full ability of a good un .they should not be just a greyhound with a coat  strength and  good feet . They are far more than that. They are a fantastic breed and xs atb bill

My bitch is intelligent mate she loves to hunt on her own many a time if I take her working woods and cover and she knows something's about she goes in to her own hunting mode I just let her carry on and let her show me where the quarry is her eye sight is 2nd to none and on the beam she will run a lamp as far as it will go if she misses bigger stuff on the beam and she knows she's not far off it she will chase it til she loses it yeah to some people it's not a done thing but I can't blame a dog if it's keen her stamina is really good like I said she run all night for you and the more the night goes on more she wants 

1 hour ago, Penda said:

My bitch is intelligent mate she loves to hunt on her own many a time if I take her working woods and cover and she knows something's about she goes in to her own hunting mode I just let her carry on and let her show me where the quarry is her eye sight is 2nd to none and on the beam she will run a lamp as far as it will go if she misses bigger stuff on the beam and she knows she's not far off it she will chase it til she loses it yeah to some people it's not a done thing but I can't blame a dog if it's keen her stamina is really good like I said she run all night for you and the more the night goes on more she wants 

She has good qualities pend jaz same she gets stronger the longer yas run her she holds condition plenty ta work with tens runs warm her up three hrs in she running  stronger. I have lkilled in few times let the bitch track me in ,little things are big things brain drive  jaz his a very methodical hunter day time she can get right on top a them in the cover before they know she's there there this gives her the edge on em those smaller types specie very quick in cover  I lost this little bitch hen a young bitch she was lost for five days she tracked back to who I met up with a week later she had Neva been out the truck only been there once I had almost given up hope but she had been feeding on berries etc condition was down but anything without her constitution would have been in trouble she had no pads on bare flesh front and back feck knows how she found his place I was fifty mile from home  lol. The breeds a great breed and the X greater for the right handlers I had one yrs ago that would track me three hrs out when I awash on foot from home my mar locked him up till midday then let him out she thought nothing of it he tracked me down when I was out and about on the estates lol fecker he was King bstories and memories some good some nit but hey wouldint change it lol good times good folk and great crack atb bill