• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not just boars either  

It would of raped it

I've heard the "Saluki" theory also. But also heard the supposedly original breeder had mated his dog, which was called "Arab" with a bull type. "Arab" wasn't Saluki, but the name, as you say, added t

Posted Images

most of the male dogs i seen had been neutured before 2 years old and the breed does have a rep for being unhinged

met a woman few years ago had 2 akitas in a little saloon car and they were bit twitchy when i was talking to her.

surely if you bred one with a greyhound you would end up with something looking like a thin malamute or overweight siberian due to the size of the akita

maybe a husky or smaller spitz dog would be a better choice to avoid litter wastage.

Heard it all now akita bits kids attacks people kills dogs but never heard off one on the news that as killed a child killed peoples dogs on lends while there in the park.If some one as prove off this put it up (you tube).But how many off you have heard off a pit bull terrier killing a child killing dogs getting shot by police l have a lot off times and yea can go on you tube and see this but its ok for yea all till put a pit over a greyhound and make your bull crosses???It just does not make sence to me.Some one put up a lot off proplems the akitas have but all breeds have proplems.

just want till ask one question??

(wheaten)>

(kerryblue)>

(G,S)>

(pitbull)>

(staff)>

What do this dogs have the akita does not????? (coat.feet,fighting.speed,size,lungs)

I think I remember a case on the news (maybe last summer) where an Akita went on the rampage perhaps at Dundrum or Newcastle and had to be sorted by the police? It was on the BBC Northern Ireland news.

I don't know how to put a link up but I Googled BBC Akita Northern Ireland and the items came up. Also a three year old child in County Tyrone.

Edited by littlefish

There is a lot of mis information on this thread by people who obviously don't know a lot about Akitas, so why comment.

They are a primitive type of dog, and behave accordingly, I assume this is the American type that have been used here not the Japanese Akita Inu, which is lighter built and has a different head also, this was the type used for hunting in ancient japan. The Akita does not give signals like many dogs so they are hard to read. Sadly this breed has appealed to the 'Chavvy' dog owning public in the last 10-15 years or so.

I have spend a fair amount of time in the company of these dogs while staying at a large kennels on and off over the last 10 years or so, and met some of the earlier dogs imported into this country, so i fell i should be able to comment.

They are great dogs if you like the kind of dog that looks like a polar bear, poses alot and will be inclined to react badly with strangers and other male dogs, they also are not generally the type of dog that likes to retrieve, maybe once then they stand and look at you as if to say 'get it yourself i have done it once' I am sure this could be overcome but they are not naturally inclined. Physically they can suffer from straight hocks quite often to the point that the breed have a real weakness with 'Popping there hocks' which is something you don't want in a running dog.

As far as hunting dogs go, I do think its a little silly and quiet obviously quite badly thought out to breeding animals of this cross IMO. But they look nice enough (apsrt from the tail), but I would think your efforts would be far better used in breeding dogs that will bring something to the most versatile of dogs the 'Lurcher'

Good luck with your project, and I hope it does not go wrong for the dogs and owners sake. :blink:

post-46-126536823014_thumb.jpg

Edited by reload

WE ALREADY HAVE BULL CROSSES IN THIS COUNTRY IF U WISH A LURCHER WITH SHALL WE SAY A BIT MORE "SPICE" IN IT/& THEY HAVE PROVEN MORE THAN ADEQUATE 4 THE JOB IN HAND. THATS WHY THEY ARE SO POPULAR & AS HAS BEEN POINTED OUT THEY SUFFER ENOUGH BAD PRESS(MENTION BULL BLOOD IN A PAPER & ITS SURE 2 BE SENSATIONALISED) WHEN THEY ARE IN THE WRONG HANDS SO WHY ADD ANOTHER CROSS TO THE LIST THAT COULD PROVIDE FURTHER BAD PRESS???? YES ITS GOOD 2 TRY NEW THINGS BUT CURIOSITY CAN ALSO KILL THE CAT/OR A DOG OR WHATEVER?? IVE HANDLED PITBULLS & OTHER CROSSES BUT AS SOMEONE SAID EARLIER I ALSO CROSS THE ROAD WITH MY DOGS WHEN I SEE AN AKITA COMING. I JUST DONT TRUST THEM & FIND THEIR EXPRESSION & INTENTION HARD 2 READ. THEREFORE I DONT LIKE THEM,BUT WHAT SOMEONE ELSE CHOOSES 2 BREED IS UP 2 THEM.

Edited by Endgame

All akitas are any good for is turning good dog food into shit i fekin hate them pity most are owned by council estate idiots but thank fully they seem to be going out of fashion.IMHO crossing one with a greyhound wont produce any thing thats already better than wats out their then again somebodys crossed malmutes with a greyhound and their claiming to be very good.

whats wrong with council estates like we cant all buy our houses you stuck up c**t

Guest fence_hopper

All akitas are any good for is turning good dog food into shit i fekin hate them pity most are owned by council estate idiots but thank fully they seem to be going out of fashion.IMHO crossing one with a greyhound wont produce any thing thats already better than wats out their then again somebodys crossed malmutes with a greyhound and their claiming to be very good.

whats wrong with council estates like we cant all buy our houses you stuck up c**t

:clapper: very true some cheeky twats on here

Nothing wrong with council estates i live on one my self you prickwallbash.gif

Jesus Christ!!!

10 pages wasted on a cross, that, if bred off half the shite that smashes it's nose against suburbias back gates, would do nothing to the already diluted, shite infested crap that most folk call Lurchers and end up in the nearest dogs home.

Look, it's simple.... Has anyone seen an Akita run.... They cant! A stiff legged mutt if ever their was one How many can wander, no, be controlled off a lead...? None, i've ever known or heard of. And the size of bone!!!!!

I know two well respected dog men, one works terriers, though he has a lifetime with some quality lamping Lurchers. The other is a Lurcher man, through and through both have a long lifetime with working dogs, BOTH keep Akitas as guards, with free run of the kennel blocks (outside).

Neither would consider these dogs for producing servicable Lurchers... On any quarry... it's laughable!!

Are you all prompted by the recent posts about Husky and Malimut crosses??

Go on boys, try to find your 'Mythical Smithfield', your 'Holy Grail'.....With this cross, i'll bet you, it'll all end in tears. Stop waisting your time on the shite in front of your nose and if you want a unicorn, do some fecking reserch and look to other breeds!

:no:

Edited by Bosun11

personally i dont see anything wrong with trying this cross and i take my hat off to those who experiment with different breeds after all every breed of lurcher that is reconized today was at one time or another a experiment. you dont know what the results are going to be unless you are willing to give it a try.

personally i dont see anything wrong with trying this cross and i take my hat off to those who experiment with different breeds after all every breed of lurcher that is reconized today was at one time or another a experiment. you dont know what the results are going to be unless you are willing to give it a try.

Yep, :thumbs:

Keep filling them dogs homes up Trig....

Oh, it's Rodney, by the way :laugh:

Edited by Bosun11

Lets think about most off us talking about this breed have never seen one in the field have never seen one in person or know any one you has one that is working it in this day off age.So how do we all know that it will be no good??? You all go on about they attack other dogs and people but sure is it not the pit bull terrier not knowing around the world for this???? and is it not the pit bull terrier that is breed till fight other dogs?. But most off your will jump at the chance and most off yea have bull cross so what is the diffence most luchers that are for big game are breed out off fighting dogs or guard dogs (wheaten , bull ,gs ,kerryblue) the list can go on and on.So lets not jump in two feed and put down across because if no one put a (wheaten,bull.gs.kerryblue coille, saulk, etc) too a greyhound how would we have the dogs we have too day some people on this site just dont want to try new things but if we didnt how would we know if they are any good or not?? :thumbs:

Why is it some people cant see by the end of there nose.Tell me one thing where this breed would do better than the well knowen breeds

thats what they are trying to find out.Every breed as got faults,thats all you and a few others seem to be looking for.WOULD I BE RIGHT IN THINKING YOU COME FROM A VILLAGE

:clapper: :clapper:

These dogs, and others with a bad reputation,are usually overly aggressive because they are in the wrong hands.

dogs of this type need the right upbringing and need an outlet for their strong hunting/guarding instincts.

the "dealers" etc seen with the tight lead "dog on a stick" or urban dwellers giving the dog 10 mins round the block do little to give the dogs an outlet for their instincts. Hence the problems.

these types of dogs kept "busy" are a different story.

In this case i think the cross would not suit the average hunter unless used to the max,and very regularly imo.

These dogs, and others with a bad reputation,are usually overly aggressive because they are in the wrong hands.

dogs of this type need the right upbringing and need an outlet for their strong hunting/guarding instincts.

the "dealers" etc seen with the tight lead "dog on a stick" or urban dwellers giving the dog 10 mins round the block do little to give the dogs an outlet for their instincts. Hence the problems.

these types of dogs kept "busy" are a different story.

In this case i think the cross would not suit the average hunter unless used to the max,and very regularly imo.

Get a feking grip Stormy boy and pick up on whats been written about phyisical ability for starters!!! :laugh: